PDA

View Full Version : Girls, I'm Knitting! Woohoo!

merryknitter
10-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh my gosh...I found a knitting angel...I told you about my 1st knitting lesson gone bad...well, I found a knitting angel at my LYS...she spent about an hour with me last Saturday and I'M KNITTING! I'm over half way done on my washcloth! YIPPEE!

I took my Best Friend ( that also was with me on that 1st lesson) with me today to my LYS. She was so discouraged after that first lesson and I told her to be patient...that she would get it. My knitting angel, Donna, who came to the shop today, just to help us...taught her how to knit too. Not only that, I bought yarn to make a Booga Bag and she's going to help us this Saturday!

Girls, now I know what you're all going crazy about with this fiber...WE ARE SO EXCITED...WE CAN HARDLY STAND IT! Donna works part-time at the LYS and she is teaching us for FREE! She is not charging us on Saturday...CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

And I also found out, from Donna, that there is an Alpaca farm about 3 miles from my house and they sell their yarn there too...can you believe that? :cheering:

Well, I would love to chat, but I've gotta go knit! LOL!

P.S. Donna was telling us how we will probably have more than one project going at a time and now I know why! LOL! I have to tell you all when I read your posts about having multiple projects going at once, I thought to myself,"I'm not going to do that...I'm going to finish one thing at a time!" And then Donna said, " Would you like to start your Booga Bag this Saturday?" AND WE SAID YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Ingrid
10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
:yay:

Jenelle
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

DreamWeaver
10-17-2006, 10:51 PM
woot!!!! :woot: don't you feel so smart right now?

jdee
10-18-2006, 12:18 AM
:cheering:

Wonderful! I knew you could do it!

Georgiasmama
10-18-2006, 12:45 AM
How awesome! dont you love that second time and you are knitting! that was me, too yesterday. I went back for my second lesson and I have started a project. and have another going on my other set of needles already. heheehe

you have to show us your projects when you are done.

cozy
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Wow, Donna does sound like an angel. Now you're hooked right along with the rest of us, YAY!!! :roflhard:

rebecca
10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

samm
10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Way to go!!!! Another one addicted! Good for you. Post photos too, don't forget!! I wanna see that washcloth! And a booga too! :cheering: samm

ebrperk
10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Awesome!!!!!! Let the stash acquistion begin. Great job and hope you enjoy knitting your Booga. I have made two but with plain colors not the Noro.

Sissy
10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
:teehee: COOL! :teehee: :eyebrow: Let see how long it takes to have 3 things going? :eyebrow: Sissy