PDA

View Full Version : how to wrap slipper socks/picture of wrapping

jberry16
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I've made my Mom a pair of slipper socks for her b-day and will be giving them to her this weekend. How should I wrap them? I'd like something unique, any and all ideas would be great! tia

Denise in Michigan
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
This isn't really a wrapping idea, more like displaying, but...

...how about if you make a "Mombot" (like a robot) out of boxes and put the slippersox on it's feet? Like a cereal box for the body, oatmeal box for the head, wrapping paper tubes for the arms & legs? Something like that? You could cover it with foil, or maybe decorate it to resemble her. If there are additional gifts for her, they could go into the other boxes/tubes!

I did something like this for my Mom about 35 years ago, and our family still remembers it and laughs about it!

jberry16
10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This isn't really a wrapping idea, more like displaying, but...

...how about if you make a "Mombot" (like a robot) out of boxes and put the slippersox on it's feet? Like a cereal box for the body, oatmeal box for the head, wrapping paper tubes for the arms & legs? Something like that? You could cover it with foil, or maybe decorate it to resemble her. If there are additional gifts for her, they could go into the other boxes/tubes!

I did something like this for my Mom about 35 years ago, and our family still remembers it and laughs about it!
that's a really neat idea.

samm
10-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Or, if your mum likes bears you could get a nice bear and put the slipper socks on its feet. Or you could gently fill the socks with goodies! Not so much as to stretch them silly, but bath things or treats or whatever she'd like. Have fun! samm

jberry16
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
ok, so I've decided to get messywith the wraping, and am using a blow dryer to help it dry in time. I'm covering a balloon with paper mache to make it look kinda like a ball of yarn (use your imagination). Then I'll cut the top off-hopefully and put the socks in there. Unique, right?

Mama Bear
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Very unique! Cute idea.

Mama Bear

jberry16
10-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Here is the paper machet ball that I will be cutting open tomorrow and stuffing with the socks. I have decorated it with some food coloring and then paper mached some 'mom poems' to it. Whatcha think?

rebecca
10-19-2006, 06:53 PM
That is so sweet! I love it!!!!!!

Denise in Michigan
10-20-2006, 10:43 AM
You are so creative! She's going to love :heart: it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janelanespaintbrush
10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Looks great! Maybe you could put some candy in it and have her hit it like a pinata -- then when the socks come out amongst the treats, it'll really be a surprise!

jberry16
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Looks great! Maybe you could put some candy in it and have her hit it like a pinata -- then when the socks come out amongst the treats, it'll really be a surprise!
I thought about that, but she's not much of a candy person. I also thought of filling it with bath stuff, and foot lotions, but she doesn't make time for that. She's a busy RN and has 2 papillions and 3kids and 2 grandkids (thanks to me and my dh). I just knew these slipper socks were great because she always has cold feet.

Mama Bear
10-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Great job. I love the poems!

I can sure relate to your mom. That time when you still have young kids at home, but grown kids with grandkids is a busy time!

Mama Bear

samm
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
What a great idea!!! Your mum will really love it, AND the socks!!! samm

jberry16
10-22-2006, 12:22 AM
:happydance: Mom loved the paper machet wrapping and the mom poems on the sides and of course she :heart: LOVED :heart: the slipper socks! (Thanks again for the pattern Mamabear :notworthy: ) She wore the slipper socks all night and didn't want to take them off to put on her shoes to leave. To bad it's the law in NM to drive with your shoes on, we usually drive barefoot and just have shoes siting next to us, just incase we get pulled over. Any way thanks to all y'all that helped me with this project.
:muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-22-2006, 01:01 PM
What a fabulous creative idea!!!!!! I'm going to do that next time i give a gift :D

What was the pattern again?

jberry16
10-22-2006, 02:01 PM
What was the pattern again?
tropical punch slipper socks by Mamabear,
http://www.beartoes.com/patterns/tropicalpunch.html