PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Xmas pattern

kamakani11
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi All,

With Christmas fast approaching, would anyone know where I can find a pattern to knit a gingerbread house? I've seen a pattern for a crochet house but not for knitting and I'm just not that good at crochet.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

humblestumble
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
You could knit 5 squares out of brown yarn, 2 out of white, and either do some form of color knitting for the 'icing' and 'gumdrops', or knit the squares brown and then duplicate stitch colors on afterward.

anyway, you could assemble the brown squares with plastic backing tacked onto them (I forgot the name of that stuff), by whipstitching the sides together, and then whipstitch the two white squares (with plastic backing tacked on) and then fold them slightly, and place them on the 'box' of the house and whip stitch again.

Hope that helps? You could knit it in either stockinette or garter stitch, I don't think it would matter which one.

kamakani11
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I'll try that. It shouldn't be too hard and I think I know what that plastic backing is that you're talking about.

I'll let you know how it works out!

humblestumble
10-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Oooh, I hope that helped! And I wish you luck on it! Sounds very cool. Something I would not have thought of before. Can't wait to see whatever you come up with!

losnana
10-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Please post a picture when you finish! I think this sounds adorable.