PDA

View Full Version : Remind Me I'm Brave

snowbear
10-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm trying to get our company, well, our local branch of a world wide banking conglomerate... (no I can't spell right, lol) to start a local knitting group.. To knit things for charity.. ie... baby hats, blankets for warm up America, etc. I'm meeting w/ a bit of resistence due to the red tape involved in pushing through this idea. There are soo many great things that could be done.. as we all know.. am I brave enough to keep the ball going through all the red tape? :wall: Or should I just encourage people to do it on their own with out a group w/ a goal that encourages each other... HELP!!!! :thinking:

knitqueen
10-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Does it have to be through your employer?? Can't you just form a knitting group with the people you work with who have the same desire to help out?

gardenmommy
10-18-2006, 08:46 PM
If they keep giving you red tape, just start knitting it! LOL

Go for it! Why do you have to get their stamp of approval? I know you and your fellow knitters can do a world of good!

snowbear
10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
To do anything at work has to be "approved" before we can volunteer as a group. The plus side is the bank, (our division) will help supply yarn, postage,etc., the down side.. the red tape. I've been fighting this now for 2 1/2 months.. finally they are agreeing to at least see the different charities that need things. There are over 2,000 people where I work, and there are workers there 24 ..7// so.. I am trying to reach out to a large group to make a wave in the pool... not just a small ripple. The bank, a very large conglomerate, is world wide.. so I am appealing to a wide range of charities... either local or overseas. Some friends & I contribute on a small scale.. I'm just trying to organize a larger scale... that's all

knitqueen
10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Well in that case, I think you should persevere. It sounds very worthwhile.

Pink Dandelion
10-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Good for you to keep on, keepin' on :mrgreen:

If they keep giving you red tape, just start knitting it!

:rofl: I think that should be our new Motto, forget the lemons! "when the world gives you red tape... Knit it!"

mulene
10-19-2006, 07:47 AM
hrm the red tape knit it idea is great - thinking I should knit some red tape and send it to my bank for all the trouble they have given me!

Mama Bear
10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Snowbear,

Of course you are brave enough! After all... you are a polar bear! They don't back down to anyone :)

Keep your scissors, or knitting needles handy for all that red tape!

Mama Bear

Kaydee
10-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Keep it up, you're fighting for a great cause. And the worst thing that could happen is they say you can't do it at work. In that case maybe you could start a group outside of work.

snowbear
10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
OK... good news... its finally being sent to the PR guy to evaluate. Our entire conglomerate company is having a volunteer day in November.. and he is having trouble having volunteers.. He has stated he would love to fins something a lot of people could do without griping, lol. Let's hope he realizes the impact knitting for causes can be.... :pray:

psammeadred
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Yay!!! :happydance: Maybe now they'll come to their senses.