PDA

View Full Version : Another finished Preemie set....and my personal favourite!

KatyKoolkat
10-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I used the same patter nas posted previously, but I used Regia sock yarn in crazy color. I wouldn't mind having some feedback from preemie moms on the colors...I am not sure that it is entirely appropriate to have something that bright.
Thanks!

PS
The color is off on the bottom pic because of my camera flash (that I can't turn off for some reason) and the fact that I took the pic on a black background. Oh well!

gardenmommy
10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I think they're adorable! I love the brightness, yet it still could be boy or girl!

KnittyKitty
10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
So precious!

Jan in CA
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
That is so cute, bright and cheerful! :heart:

KatyKoolkat
10-18-2006, 11:58 PM
So glad you agree! I am very excited to give them and see what, if any, response I get from the parents. Hopefully I can find the same color!

cara
10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
I have a dumb question.. I think..

are the booties open so that the doctors/nurses can monitor things via the foot?

hehe.

I think they are gorgeous by the way and would have used them on my baby for sure! Even though she was full term!

Amber
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Adorable!

River
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
they are so cute and i think the color is great, using happy colors is a good idea if i walked in and saw my dd wearing your outfit it would make me smile and there were days where you have a hard time smiling will in the nicu.

You did a great job :cheering:

River

Mama Bear
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
They are lovely! Some preemie parents I talked to sometimes lamented the lack of bright colors available to them, so I think they will be well appreciated.

Mama Bear

KatyKoolkat
10-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Excellent! I really appreciate the comments, and am glad that my efforts are appreciated. Unfortunately, the color I used is no longer available, but I am sure that I could find a simlar color.

Cara, I never thought of that! They are originally open on the bottom cause they are knitted in the round and sewn up. Should I make them open? Preemie parents, weigh in please!

River
10-20-2006, 12:30 AM
i think that you should not leave the bottoms of the booties open it would be a waste the babys feet would not stay warm, they can run the wires up the leg and out plus when the baby goes home they will not be able to wear them. This is my opinion as a preemie mom. Again the outfit is adorable and any preemie and mom will love your outfit

KatyKoolkat
10-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Thank you River for you timely reply. All these answers help me in making the best possible outfits I can, and not having been a preemie mom-only a preemie-I need to be able to ask thse types of questions.

River
10-20-2006, 10:01 AM
You are welcome sweetie, i am glad i can help.

How early were you born? my daughter (Rowan) was born at 28 weeks i am very interested in other experince.

eeyore
10-20-2006, 01:52 PM
amazing! :heart:

Quiara
10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
I was a preemie, too, and I know my parents appreciated all the little things. This outfit is gorgeous; somebody's gonna love it well.

KatyKoolkat
10-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi River:
I am a 30 weeker (2lb 4 oz), my sister (under me) is a 34 weeker (I think-3lb), and my youngest sister is also a 30 weeker (2lb 10oz). WHat do you say my chances are of having a preemie? lol....Espescially my mom having a heart shaped uterus!

I was in the hospital pretty much the entire 30 weeks...my due date was Oct 28 and I came home on Oct 29. If you can, I might recommend you get a copy of your daughter's medical records from when she was in the nicu....my mom really treasures hers because she wasn't there very often. They could only make it in every two weeks.

The only major concern they had for me was my pda didnt close. THey were about to do open heart surgery, but then I contracted a system wide yeast infection (leaving a scar on my left retina), so the surgery was delayed. By the time the surgery was rescheduled, the pda was closed.

I ahve a baby dress (sewn) that the nurses made for me....when they first put is on it was too big! I have had is professionally framed and my mom has it right now because I dont have a place for it.

What about your daughter? SHe must have been tiny! I am glad to hear that she is ok (or as ok as she can be, anyway).

River
10-21-2006, 11:24 AM
wow, Rowan was born at 28 weeks and weight 2 pounds she had to be airlifted to another hosptial 2 hours away because the nicu she was in could not handle a baby as small as she was.she spent 6 weeks in the nicu so she was home a month before her due date. We were very lucky she was born breathing on her own and we never had any major problems. She will be 2 next month and she is perfect little monster. we don't have any long term health problem so far. I have 3 copys of her medical record we came home with 6 copys that was so that we could give them to the drs we had to see.

Jenelle
10-21-2006, 12:23 PM
It's adorable! :heart:

nonny2t
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
These are gorgeous and any parent would have their day brightened by getting them! I agree with others, when you are under a cloud of dispair, bright colors are just the ticket to see on your beautiful baby!

WTG!!!!

Faye :cheering: :cheering:

Jaxhil
10-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I know I'm coming in late, but I have to say YES< YES < YES!! to the bright colors-I remember going in one day to see my sweet baby girl laying on a pretty pink handmade quilt and bright pretty clothes-and despite all the wires and needles and lights and beeps, and alarms, I couldn't stop smiling, she looked so cheery and precious.

You are doing beautiful work!!! :cheering: :muah:

It's nice to hear the preemie stories too :heart:

KatyKoolkat
10-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Thank you sto all the parents who are weighing in! Speaking to the people who werethere is so important to me because I want to be making things that will be appreciated and used and treasured-not just ok things that work.

I am going to be putting the preemie stuff on hold pretty soon while I concentrate on Christmas stuff, but rest assured by middle of december I will be right back again, making outfits for the parents (and preemies) to treasure always.

While I am at it (and have all you wonderful moms and dads answering questions) would it be inappropriate for me to include something of a card with my address on it so that if prents wanted to contact me they could? It would not have anything in it except my address...I figure that would be enough of a hint without being in your face about it...but I wasnt sureif that would be appropriate....so again I turn to you wonderful parents. What do you think? Would you have liked something like that with the things that you received?

THanks again for all your help!

KatyKoolkat
10-24-2006, 11:54 PM
*bump*

Advice still needed, thanks!