PDA

View Full Version : Kiri Shawl and Kidsilk Haze

knittingdoula
10-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Well, I'm in the middle of ripping 3 rows of the Kiri shawl due to missing a yarn over. If there's anything more fun than ripping out 3 rows of mohair, I'm not sure what it is, though I suppose getting my teeth cleaned for 3 hours straight is a likely competing candidate. Arg! :wall:

When the LYS owner and I were talking about Kidsilk Haze, I asked if she liked it. "Sure", she said, "As long as you don't make a mistake!" And then she cackled a bit. Anytime someone cackles about a yarn, you just KNOW you're screwed! :roflhard:

At least it was in the first chart, and not the 2nd repeat of the 2nd chart!

On a more positive note, it's a fantastic yarn in a yummy color. And it's a darn good pattern. It's not mindless knitting, though, you really have to be aware of what you're doing. Those charts can kick your butt if you're not careful! All those innocuous little O's and /'s can come back to haunt you!

AnreeAce
10-20-2006, 09:08 AM
:hug:

kemp
10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Bummer! I hate ripping on mohair too. I haven't tried it, but on Knitty Gritty she put mohair in the freezer to make it behave better. Might help with frogging too?

mintdee
10-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I totally feel your pain! I have Kiri on the needles as well. And in KidSilk Haze no less. I ripped the beginning 4 times when I messed up the 5th time I gave up and cut the stuff and threw the messed up part away. (It was only on row 11, took me 6 tries to get away from that darn row. :wall: ) I finally finished the first chart and it is stalled so that I can finish a sweater for hubby and a baby blanket for the soon to be neice. I really want to get back to it soon though. I enjoy working on it just can't when the kids are awake :teehee:

:hug: