PDA

View Full Version : Bored at work... wanting to knit... :(

knitknitknit
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I am so bored at work right now... sitting at my desk browsing knitting related sites and it's just getting me in the mood to knit!

I have two skiens that I just bought yesterday just sitting here and they are calling my name!

tired of the day job today... at least it's a rainy friday so I can stay in tonight, get all cozy with some hot chocolate and a movie and knit away!

CarmenIbanez
10-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, that seals it, you'll just have to quit and find a job where you can knit at work. I am sitting at my desk while the kidlets practice typing and work on their halloween cards, knitting away happily! Yipee!

knitknitknit
10-20-2006, 03:40 PM
i know! i hoping to eventually be a housewife so i can knit allll day! :)

Nikki
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm coming to your house tonight. Hot chocolate and knitting = pure heaven. :wink:

CarmenIbanez
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
i know! i hoping to eventually be a housewife so i can knit allll day! :)

Oooh. NO. Being a housewife is far too much work. You know, if you're doing it right. I prefer being a teacher. :-)

psammeadred
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
knitknitknit, I feel your pain! Our lab has had a really slow week, and I've been planning a bunch of knitting projects and reading the forums. (And the fact that it's the Michaels yarn sale week isn't hurting, either!)

slgn
10-20-2006, 06:30 PM
oh thank goodness I'm not the only one (today)

I only have an hour left to kill and I'm wondering how I can justify spending the while hour reading knitting/crafts stuff on the web...
and I'd much rather be knitting... the hot chocolate idea is stellar. I know what I'm doing tonight!

HamburgKnitter
10-21-2006, 03:57 AM
I'm self-employed....plus I have an office all to myself. So there's nothing stopping me from knitting at the office. BUT so far I've resisted the temptation of bringing my knitting to work. I would get NOTHING done!

"Bankruptcy due to extensive knitting" doesn't sound so good. :doh:

Yarnlady
10-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Oooh. NO. Being a housewife is far too much work. You know, if you're doing it right. I prefer being a teacher. :-)Obviously, anyone doing it right would have more than enough time for knitting! :teehee: Ask me! I'm a SAHGM with one and five year old grand daughters.... I spend a great portion (5-8 hours) of my day knitting!
xxx

ebrperk
10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Being a SAHM and housewife, I get a fair amount of knitting done but I would get lots more done if I wasn't always looking on here and playing games on POGO.

CarmenIbanez
10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Now if I can just find a job that requires me to surf the web for knitting info and hang out of KH....... and that pays a bunch of money!

knitknitknit
10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Here i am yet again... bored and staring at my computer screen... any one have any interesting stories?

Stiney
10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
I did my first inserting a needle before frogging today at lunch. I wish I was still knitting--maybe the wool of my scarf would keep my hands warm.

It's about 50 outside and the air is on. I've got my sweater jacket wrapped around my legs.

Even my computer is cold! :pout: (blue because I'm coldies!)

CarmenIbanez
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Would it be bad if I said that I had two classes on a field trip today and didn't have my first class until 11:15, so I've been sitting at my desk knitting??? :teehee:

knitknitknit
10-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I really can't wait to be a housewife so I can knit all day.. or whenever my heart desires at least!

Eloewien
10-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm not allowed to knit at work :!!!: Not fair! I've actually gotten lectured for knitting while I sit and watch tech support agents go through online trainings because it "doesn't give the right impression". And a completely insane trainer does??? I am severely ADD and watching people do online courses 8 hours a day is insanely boring, trust me. I started pacing the room... then answering tech support emails for lack of anything else to do. Now I just find a way to look like I'm doing something useful. Can't get to KH there unfortunately... completely blocked since it's a forum :( evil job...