PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help me make a pattern.....

CarmenIbanez
10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
inspired by this?

MAmaDawn
10-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I would love to but don't know where to start. :shrug:

But I would love to use the pattern when you get it. And would love to help, just not sure how.

gardenmommy
10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
All I can contribute is that the sleeves are ribbed, looks like a K4 P2 maybe? I know, I'm stating the obvious. ;)

janelanespaintbrush
10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Look at the direction of the ribbing under the collar. You gotta wonder what's going on there. Any chance you'll be able to examine the article in real life? Is it from a store? I do like it...

gardenmommy
10-20-2006, 05:32 PM
That is interesting. The ribbing is vertical from the bottom to the belt, then horizontal from the belt on up. :thinking: Could it be knit from sleeve to sleeve and then the bottom portion PU and knit (or ribbed, rather) on later?

hellokitty165
10-20-2006, 10:20 PM
it seems like it knit horizontally rib and extend the waist below vertically with rib again.. so maybe it start with right or left sleeve then inc st on the front ...or it start with the front and dec sts on the sleeve then inc at the back hmmm i m confused myself now :shrug: :wall:

CarmenIbanez
10-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Well I won't be able to buy one, because they want $218 for it at Bloomingdales, but I could definitely go in and take some pics with my camera phone. Maybe I'll do that today....

I'll post when I return.

Pink Dandelion
10-22-2006, 07:44 AM
does the ribbing change direction? on the right side of the picture (models left) it looks like it continues straight up from the bottom and it's just falling loose and sideways on the other more visible side... :shrug: but then again with the ribbing on the collar it looks more the other way... though that can be picked up and added on later... :??

I'll be interested to see the pics if you take some!

suzeeq
10-22-2006, 09:49 AM
This vintage pattern - http://www.agoodyarn.net/PT_BreakfastCoat.htm - looks somewhat similar. You could pick up and knit it longer in the rib, and make the lapels larger.

sue

hellokitty165
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
This vintage pattern - http://www.agoodyarn.net/PT_BreakfastCoat.htm - looks somewhat similar. You could pick up and knit it longer in the rib, and make the lapels larger.

sue

wow Sue you did a good job on finding this one !!!! :thumbsup:

suzeeq
10-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I was following a link to knittingpatterncentral on another thread about legwarmers and came across this site, so thought I'd look around. I'm usually not interested in legwarmers but my ankles were cold. Maybe I'll do anklewarmers...

ETA: and it's not really like the original because the sleeves are ribbed sideways instead of wrist to shoulder, but it was close. It's an awful lot like the circular shrug pattern, with long sleeves.

sue

hellokitty165
10-22-2006, 01:37 PM
I was following a link to knittingpatterncentral on another thread about legwarmers and came across this site, so thought I'd look around. I'm usually not interested in legwarmers but my ankles were cold. Maybe I'll do anklewarmers...

ETA: and it's not really like the original because the sleeves are ribbed sideways instead of wrist to shoulder, but it was close. It's an awful lot like the circular shrug pattern, with long sleeves.

sue

leg warmers are nice ... i bought one in Peru... and they are alpaca...soft and warm... share with us the FO once is done... :hug: