PDA

View Full Version : Help Inspire Me With A Pattern?

HamaLee
10-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Good evening field of knitters.

I'm in search of inspiration to knit something for my nana's birthday in about a month. I'd like to use yarn that I have--which is a big bag of randoms, mostly in worsted weight. Some wool, some acrylic blends. Some of the colors go together, some don't, some yarns I have several skeins of, etc etc etc.

Anyway, I'm just totally uninspired as to what I should knit at the moment. I'm thinking something in either the lapghan or shawl family. But eh...I could certainly convinced to knit almost anything else. heheheh.

Any pretty but not terribly time consuming patterns? I'd love it if anyone had a link or two to share to specific patterns. For some reason knittingpatterncentral.com just isn't doing it for me...might be a problem of *too MUCH* choice!

ETA--I discovered I have quite an abundance of a mohair-type yarn that's pretty....so any suggestions for stitch patterns, etc for that yarn would be great!

debb
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I knit a scarf/shawl for my grandma that you fold up the ends to form pockets for her hands. I've seen a few variations around so you shouldn't have any difficulty finding one you might like. I'm at work right now, so I can't help with any links at the moment.

psammeadred
10-22-2006, 04:58 PM
How about a capelet?
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17774

HamaLee
10-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh that's really cute. My nana's not really a capelet type, but I may make one for myself :happydance: