PDA

View Full Version : Knitpicks Options???

*KnitPixie*
10-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey everyone I am interested in the new knitpicks line of interchangeables, but was wondering if anybody bought them. If so are they as nice as they look? :?eyebrow: I think I might get them for myself for christmas :teehee: I like working with metal needles with no bends in them ( they hurt my wrist), and flexible cables. The only thing that looks like it might be annoying is the fact that they twist together unlike the Denises which snap together :pout: Well let me know what ya think about them

Jan in CA
10-22-2006, 06:33 PM
A lot of people here have them. Do a search on "Knitpicks Options" and you'll find a bunch of posts.

rebecca
10-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I LOVE mine, I say go for it :cheering:

Freyja
10-23-2006, 04:30 AM
YES, YES, YES, and get a few sock needles :D

mulene
10-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes - get them they rock

Cristy
10-23-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing them too...I've been eyeing the site for a few days now...I'm actually thinking of ebaying my needlemaster set and using the money towards the options set...the only thing I worry about are the joins...

mulene
10-23-2006, 07:43 AM
whats to worry about the joins? In all honesty. I've not had any issue at all with the joins - they are just the best IMO

jmp3775
10-23-2006, 08:21 AM
I sold my Boye set on Ebay to put towards the Options set. NO regrets!

knitncook
10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
The joints are great! They screw together, but you have a little key to help you get the joints really tight! I've knit with mine a lot lately and never had them come undone. The joints are also very smooth. No catching or snags. I :heart: :heart: :heart: my Options!

hellokitty165
10-23-2006, 10:13 AM
:clink: :balloons: :yay: :thumbsup: go for it !!!

nikic
10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
They are better than they look. I :heart: love :heart: them!!!

melissaatk
10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Love mine too. Had a few issues to dtart but perfect now. Order them!

jberry16
10-23-2006, 05:43 PM
ORDER THEM, DONT LOOK BACK, THEY'RE THE BEST! I like them better than my denises-but am keeping the denises incase I fly in an airplane.
besides shipping is free, it takes about 12 days to get to NM or you can order the faster shipping and that is sent ups and will get there on the day it says. But the way I look at it if you dont NEED them right away, then use the money you would have spent on extra shipping for yarn or patterns or sock needles. I ordered the 2.5mm and LOVE those too! and the simple stripes sock yarn is on sale ;o)

newamy
10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I like mine. It's nice having a set an knowing I have the right needls. The only thing I don't like is that I really would like 16" interchagable cables. They have 16" on the non intercahgable small needles. Anyway, they are nice and smooth and shiney, it's hard to say but I think I knit a bit faster with them. The cable joins are smooth.

Have fun shopping.

high-strung
10-23-2006, 11:23 PM
i really like mine. they have super pointy tips (more so than addi turbo's) and the join is really smooth. mine came with some rust or glue on the threads where the 2 parts screw in but it was easly wiped away. the cord is really thin and flexible, but strong and the case it comes with makes it easy to keep them organized. none of the needles are marked for size so if you drop them all at once, you best have a needle gauge! i bought mine to make a specific project and when i swatched w/ the smalles needle (US4), i found that i needed even smaller so i ended up ebaying some smaller needles anyway. no matter, i have this set forever! have fun with them!!

CarmenIbanez
10-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Another yes vote. They are now the only ones I use.

SabrinaJL
10-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Knitpicks Options are the ultimate in awesome. I love them soooo much! :heart:

Eloewien
10-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Are these really that pointy? I use my fingers to push on the needles a whole lot and I've been worried that they would make my hands sore... any thoughts?

Cristy
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
The only thing I worried about w/ the joins was the smoothness...I had needlemaster (or still do) so I know about the screwing in feature--I just found that the joins weren't smooth but I think that had as much to do w/ how inflexible the cable is moreso than the actual join itself. I'm going to look at it again today...I really want a set but I hate to buy them for myself at Christmas.

geekgolightly
10-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Are these really that pointy? I use my fingers to push on the needles a whole lot and I've been worried that they would make my hands sore... any thoughts?

i was worried about that too and fretted for months about getting them. i finally ordered them and they arrived last week and im thrilled to no end. i love them! they are pointy but i was able to quickly (within five minutes of use) figure out how to manipulate the tip without touching the point. i still use my finger to guide and push, but without it hurting my finger. i say go for it! i wish i hadnt hesitated for so long, as i would have saved a ton of money. my addi's are only going to be backup now.