PDA

View Full Version : Second guessing myself - Booga Bag dimension

idahoknitter
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Sorry to repost this. Suzeeq answered my earlier post but I don't see her online right now and I'm hoping to do some serious knitting during Desperate Housewives commercials.

In my earlier post, I asked if I should cast on additional stitches or add rows of garter stitch. The pattern is CO 34 and garter knit 34 rows for a 4.5" x 7.5" base. I want a 4.5" x 10" base.

Sue's response was "Since the width you want stays the same, make it longer.

sue

which I assumed meant to knit additional rows. Now I'm second guessing myself. I'm a bit careful because my first bag felted to be too narrow and way too tall - I'm going to all call it a wine cooler :happydance:

What do you think - CO more or knit more rows?

Thanks!

Jan in CA
10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure of the answer, but you could reply to your original post and it will be bumped to the top so it won't be missed. Also if you post questions in the "how to" forum you may get more response than in this forum. :wink:

suzeeq
10-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry to repost this. Suzeeq answered my earlier post but I don't see her online right now and I'm hoping to do some serious knitting during Desperate Housewives commercials.

In my earlier post, I asked if I should cast on additional stitches or add rows of garter stitch. The pattern is CO 34 and garter knit 34 rows for a 4.5" x 7.5" base. I want a 4.5" x 10" base.

Sue's response was "Since the width you want stays the same, make it longer.

sue

which I assumed meant to knit additional rows. Now I'm second guessing myself. I'm a bit careful because my first bag felted to be too narrow and way too tall - I'm going to all call it a wine cooler :happydance:

What do you think - CO more or knit more rows?

Thanks!

More rows... the CO is the width. Check the pattern's sts/inch. I bet the 34 sts come out to 4.5. Unless that's the measurement after felting....

sue