PDA

View Full Version : yorkie sweater

lisse856
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
hi all,

i am a not quite beginner knitter and having real trouble understanding the directions for this doggy sweater...the first couple of rows are basic ribbing, knit l, purl l for four rows...next it says to set up...kl, pl, to end of row 3 times...now here is the part i dont understand...for right leg, cast on 6 sts, place remaining stitches on a stitch holder..in the following section you will be working only the right side and leg stitches...you now have 12 sts... WHAT!!!!..lol...there is more confusion...but i would love to get through this..any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks so much....
lisse

CarmenIbanez
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I actually learned to knit making dog sweaters, so if you could give me more of the pattern, or a link to the pattern I could help you.

lisse856
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
thanks so much for your reply...i was kinda rude as i really didnt introduce myself which is what i will do in the next post...i apologize to everyone for that...the doggy sweater i am knitting is from a new book by candi jensen...called knitting loves crochet...the instructions are as follows;
SECTION 1
Set up (kl, pl) to end of row 3 times
for right leg, cast on 6 sts
place remaining stitches on a stitch holder. in the following section, you will be working only the right side and leg stitches. you now have 12 sts.
Row l-knit the leg stitches then pl, kl to end of row.
Row 2-maintain the kl, pl ribbing as established, the knit the leg stitches(6 sts)
Next rows-ending with a right side row, repeat rows l and 2 until lenght from beginning of leg(cast on stitches) measures 2"
next row-at the beginning of the next row, bind off the leg stitches(6 sts)
finish-place remaining stitches on a stitch holder

CarmenIbanez
10-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Okay, well I thought that if I had more of the pattern, I would be able to help more, but I am not sure I understand that at all. Have you been online at all to see if there are any corrections for the book? That is usually the first thing I do. Then if I find out there are no corrections for the pattern, I ask Ingrid here on this forum.

Let me see if I can find any corrections.

lisse856
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
yea,i went to the authors website to see if there were any corrections, but i didnt see any there...anyway thanks for your help...i will just keep trying!