PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Lake House (movie)

Stonington
10-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi All! have any of you watched the movie with Sandra Bullock "The Lake House"? It is suppose to be based on a novel but I am unable to find it. Is this true? Loved the movie! :heart: Now want the details that are usually left out when they make a movie from a novel.

Thanks!
anne
sebago, ME

SandraEllen
10-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Evidently, The Lake House (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_%28film%29) is a remake of a 2000 Korean movie Il Mer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_Mare).

There is a book called The Lake House (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House), but has a wholly different plot.

Stonington
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
I did find this: Il Mer and also James Patterson's The Lake House lol Thanks for the info! :hug: I will stop searching.

anne
sebago, ME

JLC
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Oooh, I just checked my netflix queue and The Lake House is scheduled to ship today! Woo Hoo! We've been watching Lost non-stop to get caught up for the new season and I'm looking forward to watching something different!

Stonington
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Oooh, I just checked my netflix queue and The Lake House is scheduled to ship today! Woo Hoo! We've been watching Lost non-stop to get caught up for the new season and I'm looking forward to watching something different!

:cheering: It was very good! I loved it. We watched X-Men one night (and I really liked it.. was surprised lol) and The Lake House the next. Have not watched movies all summer, so will play catch up now.

anne
sebago, ME

Stonington
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM

:cheering: It was very good! I loved it. We watched X-Men one night (and I really liked it.. was surprised lol) and The Lake House the next. Have not watched movies all summer, so will play catch up now.

anne
sebago, ME

PS JLC.. do you know if #114 is still all torn up? I have started going through Buxton to avoid it, but this really makes my ride seem long.

anne
sebago, ME

Quiltlady
10-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I saw it and I really did not enjoy it that much. I like both of the actors in it but I just did not enjoy it. :oops:

skNYC
10-24-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought the lake house is about internet relationship thrill

blueeyes28
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
stonington 114 is still a mess I live right off 114 and have wanted to walk to Korner Knitters numerous times but the road is still a mess!!!

Stonington
10-25-2006, 07:54 AM
stonington 114 is still a mess I live right off 114 and have wanted to walk to Korner Knitters numerous times but the road is still a mess!!!

Blueeyes... thanks! The last time I used it they were rerouting vehicles down into a waterfilled :doh: ditch. Guess I will stick to going through Buxton. Thanks again! Too Bad for Korner Knitters.. must be discouraging for them.

anne
N. Sebago, ME

blueeyes28
10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I had my husband drive me there on Monday morning and they were packed so I wouldn't feel to bad!!

knitncook
10-25-2006, 08:51 AM
I thought the lake house is about internet relationship thrill

It's about two people who have a relationship via snail mail who both live in the Lake House 2 years apart. They are out of sync with each other. Cool concept. Sort of out of character for these two actors working together. LOL!

Yarnlady
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
I thought the lake house is about internet relationship thrillNo, it's a great love story. I just watched it last week and really enjoyed it.

I'm also a James Patterson fan and loved his Lake House and it's prequal When the Wind Blows. However Maximum Ride sucked big time, IMHO. :!!!:

Old Knitter
10-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I liked Lake House....but my heart always skips a couple of beats when it sees Keanu. (Shhhhh....I could get in trouble...old enough to be his mother.)

Brvfan
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the tip on the movie. Will put it in my netflix file for next time.

Stonington
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the tip on the movie. Will put it in my netflix file for next time.

Nearly everyone I have spoken with loved it! :heart: A feel good movie :hug:

anne
n. sebago, me

1to1
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Watched it last weekend. I liked the ending. DH fell asleep though. :??

JLC
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I got it in the mail yesterday, but I haven't watched it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Quiltlady
10-26-2006, 07:32 PM
My favorite "time travel" movie is SOMEWHERE IN TIME with Jane Seymore and Christopher Reeve. Wow...now thats a LOVE story. :heart: