PDA

View Full Version : Charity Knitting!

KnittyKitty
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Ok, so I don't know how many of you saw my post asking about kniting for the Caps for the Capitol KAL, but I wanted to get in on doing some charity knitting. Since home drums beat first, I mustered up the courage to ask our hospital here if they would be interested in receiving knitted caps and booties and blankets for the babies there and she gave an emphatic yes! She wanted to know if I was a local organisation and if I had my kids in the NICU at any time (I guess she was trying to figure out why I wanted to do this :teehee: ). Anyways, she took my name and number and I took hers so I'll be knitting for the little ones there! I tell ya, I haven't even started yet and I feel so good that I will be doing this. I may need some help though in figuring out what yarns will be best against their skin and what would be the best yarn for blankets etc.

I'm just so excited! :happydance:

Lisa

Quiara
10-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Yay for activist knitting! I'm all about it. It's wonderful that our hobby can bring joy and comfort to so many, isn't it?

CarmenIbanez
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Good for you!

I recommend Wendy Velvet Touch. It is my favorite baby yarn. Although Caron Simply soft is also very soft and much cheaper.

Stiney
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Good for you!

I recommend Wendy Velvet Touch. It is my favorite baby yarn. Although Caron Simply soft is also very soft and much cheaper.

You need to get a job as a spokesperson for them. Maybe they'll give you free yarn instead of money. :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
10-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Good for you!

You need to get a job as a spokesperson for them. Maybe they'll give you free yarn instead of money. :teehee:

For which one? You know what they say, there is no disciple like a convert!

Stiney
10-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Caron Simply Soft. :teehee:

Quiara
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I fully support Caron Simply Soft. I got some autumn red that, even though they are no dye lot yarns, didn't match. I wrote the company and they sent me replacements. I'd bought the 2 oz size, but they sent me 6 full 6 oz skeins! No fuss or anything. And they shipped it UPS and it got here in no time. So yeah, I support Caron Simply Soft. They rock.

Stiney
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM
I like them, too. I was just teasing her because she talks about Caron Simply Soft all the time. ;)

Quiara
10-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I was just adding my mad love for them. ^_^

CarmenIbanez
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I like them, too. I was just teasing her because she talks about Caron Simply Soft all the time. ;)

Only since I recently put myself and my husband on a super strict budget to try and get out of debt! I mean, come one, it isn't as if I am actually going to stop buying yarn. There has to be a compromise. So I found the CSS. Now I can buy yarn to my hearts content, which is affordable and make a pretty nice garment.

:teehee:

Rorshach
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Well I'm also doing some charity knitting for our local NICU, and from what I was able to find out was that they wanted acrylic, nothing natural, primarily for preemie's sensitive skin, and for the fact that it's machine washable. I know, I know, there are superwashes out there, but it's the hospital's rules, not mine. :)

CarmenIbanez
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
That makes the decisions a little easier, no?

Wendy Velvet Touch is acrylic.