PDA

View Full Version : SAFF - who's going?

Liliyarn
10-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Okay SAFFers, time to hopefully meet up.

I am planning on being there Friday all day.
I will probably have my Yarns Forever canvas bag. On the bag or on me I'll have a tag that says something like Blogger Liliyarn. I have medium length reddish brown curly hair.

If you see me say hello! I'd love to meet some of you.
I may be there Sat or Sun as well.

So when will you be there and how can we spot you?

tmsl
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
I'll be there Saturday.....I have reddish brown hair and will have my blue stripe knitting bag with me. I'll also have a DH with me and he has dark brown hair and glasses. We plan to arrive around 10 and be there most of the day.

Laura

feministmama
10-26-2006, 10:45 AM
what is saff :??

Liliyarn
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
I'll do my best to keep an eye out for you Laura, if I'm there sat. If you see me say hello.

SAFF= Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in Ashville, NC. Lots of knitty, spinny things.

psammeadred
10-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Why, oh why can't they have fiber fairs where I live?!

Oh, right, because it's only cold enough to wear a sweater about 5 days out of the year. And because our four seasons are summer, summer, hot summer, and Christmas. And because last Christmas it was 70 degrees.

I want to move now.

mrs desert rain
10-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Why, oh why can't they have fiber fairs where I live?!

Oh, right, because it's only cold enough to wear a sweater about 5 days out of the year. And because our four seasons are summer, summer, hot summer, and Christmas. And because last Christmas it was 70 degrees.

I want to move now.

You can always come out here to northern New Mexico. :) We're a bit over an hour NNW of Taos -- at the base of San Antonio Mountain.

We have Fall/Winter, Winter/Winter, Winter/Spring and about 6 weeks of weather that tries (in vain) to mimic summer. (We live at 9,000 feet.)

That said, Taos has one Wool Festival, which is in October. I was out of town, though, and missed it. :(