PDA

View Full Version : Sock Yarn

ebrperk
10-26-2006, 02:14 PM
For the people that have knit socks with KnitPicks Essential, how well does it hold up? Is it a good sock if you knit it on size 1's?

Would also like information on the other KnitPicks sock yarns such as Memories, and Gloss if you could share.

janelanespaintbrush
10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Supposedly the old essential, made in Italy, is scratchy, but the new one, made in Peru, is super soft. I ordered some hoping to get the new one, but got old stock instead. (Boo.) I don't think it feels that bad, but I haven't used it yet. To make sure to get the new one, you can choose one of the new colors, or one of the tweeds. That's what I wish I had done... oh well. Sorry I don't know any more, but hopefully that helps a little.

rebecca
10-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I've used the older Essential and it's held up very well, softens with washing. I've got some of the newer Essentials on the way. Memories is very soft, but handwash. Gloss is yummy, also handwash, I think, I can't get to the yarn portion of KnitPicks site, they must be updating...possibly more yarn :cheering: :cheering: