PDA

View Full Version : Aaaack, the color of it all!

callmesusan
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
So, after knitting the Clapotis (knitty.com) in earthy colors, I was inspired to step out of my box and go for a brighter color for my next one (I love the bright colors of the one on knitty.com--I think it's gutsy!). So, I was at a fiber fest and found a bright sock yarn that was a fantastic buy. I abandoned the Clapotis idea in favor of a new challange, a new patern, so I waited for inspiration.

In the meantime, I began the Swallowtail Shawl (Interweave--Fall) in Misti alpaca lace. This is my second lace project, and I kept having to frog and frog, which isn't easy because the yarn is a bit fuzzy. I wanted to be successful with the Swallowtail and thought another yarn might help me. Out came the sock yarn in the bright color.

Well, the COLOR!! What am I going to wear it with?!!!! Why do I continue with this intricate pattern while doubting the color?!!!! What is wrong with me?!!!!

CarmenIbanez
10-27-2006, 04:24 PM
That is a tough one for me. I love color, the brighter the better. But when I knit for myself I ask the same questions. What to wear it with? I think the colors on this are gorgeous.

Jeep_Girl
10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
you can wear black, grey, brown, navy, beige, jeans....

Pink Dandelion
10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
A deep purple or blue for winter, or white for something more springy!

It is a lovely color, and could look really great paired with the right things!

callmesusan
10-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Thank you for all your encouragement! :muah:

I decided to stay the course and finish her up. I'll post the final product.