PDA

View Full Version : Video Podcast

rebecca
10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey Guys!
I know that there are lots of knitting podcasts out there. I listen to a few of them. Welll, while listening to It's A Purlman (http://www.itsapurlman.com/category/podcasts) a while back he plugged a video podcast, Let's Knit Together (http://www.letsknit2gether.com/). I've seen all 4 of her video podcasts and they are really great! Go by and have a look...the 1st on is on knitting 2 socks on 2 circs...now, that's cool :cheering:
And, I feel kinda famous because she read one of my comments on the most recent podcast 8)

janelanespaintbrush
10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey, Rebecca, this is totally OT, but what happened to Yoda? I sorta of miss him. :teehee:

rebecca
10-27-2006, 02:54 PM
LOL, Yoda is still around! I have 2 or 3 avatars that I change about now and again, Knitting Yoda being #1, of course :wink: I like these socks that I made earlier this year, too, though, so...Yoda is off spreading knitting knowledge to Jedi Knitters in Training :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

VictoiseC
10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Rebecca! Thanks much for the tip, I've been meaning to listen to some of these but never got around to it, having the link makes it easy! Sounds like fun ... :cheering:

ebrperk
10-27-2006, 07:49 PM
He is on his way to teach me to knit socks on two circular needles. LOL

rebecca
10-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Robin, if anybody can do it, Knitting Yoda can :wink:

susies1955
10-29-2006, 08:13 AM
I just found a great place to watch knitting videos.
She has only done 4 of them but one more is due today.
She covers a little of everything. Shows you tips on using two socks on two circulars, using ribbon yarn, fixing a too small neck area, book reviews, NYC Knit out video, blocking, and telling about what she is wearing.
I really enjoyed "SEEING" knitting instead of just hearing. I get bored with pod casts that are just audio. :)
Enjoy,
http://letsknit2gether.com/blog1/
Susie

VictoiseC
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks Suzie! I got out of bed and first thing watched two of her podcasts. Nice way to start the day!! (and I'm knitting even before coffee)

susies1955
10-29-2006, 09:36 AM
I think she is a real down to earth gal. Glad you liked them. Knitting before coffee?????? WOW, I'm impressed.
Susie

VictoiseC
10-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Rebecca, just wanted to say I enjoyed It's a Purl Man this morning... he has some very cool music on there in addition to everything else. also turned me on to crochetme.com which is a sweet site (even though it's crochet!)

thanks again...

rebecca
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
I like his podcast, too! I don't listen to any one regularly, well, I am a regular watcher of Let's Knit Together, but other than that I'm not really a regular listener of any :teehee:
I like It's a Purl Man, Pixie Purls, Math4Knitters and Knitting News...some of Lime and Violet and Knitty D & the City...it's hard to keep up with all of these!

rebecca
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
I enjoy her podcasts, too! I enjoy watching much more than listening! I feel famous, too, since she read the comment that I left about her 1st podcast on this last one :teehee:

susies1955
10-29-2006, 03:39 PM
That was YOU she spoke of? How cool.
I really enjoy here videos. Hope she continues them. :)
Susie

feministmama
10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
This is so cool! I wonder how to make podcasts? Can you imagine if we all start podcasting our FO and WIP to each other? Whao! Modern technology is moving sooooo fast.

VictoiseC
10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
OH my god, I didn't know there were so many. I got to watch the New York Knit In that I wanted to attend but couldn't. Very nice. I'm going to check the others too! Better than tv all the time.

rebecca
10-29-2006, 09:59 PM
LOL, I have quite a southern drawl, the last thing I'm gonna do is broadcast it for the www to hear :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

Yep, that was me, it was very cool! I think she's going to continue, and she broadcasts very regularly

susies1955
10-30-2006, 04:28 AM
I would LOVE to hear a Southern Drawl. :)
Are there any other knitting video podcasts out there???????
Susie

rebecca
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
This is the only knitting video podcast I've run across.

VictoiseC
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
This is so cool! I wonder how to make podcasts? Can you imagine if we all start podcasting our FO and WIP to each other? Whao! Modern technology is moving sooooo fast.

EXACTLY what I was wondering. How to make one. I guess you have to have a video camera but if it's just audio, hmmmm. Technology alright, in ten years the knitting forum might be everybody waving to each other and having to make sure you're dressed! :pout: :happydance:

feministmama
11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I have a new MacBook that comes with a built in camera. It takes video and sound. I can make little movies with my laptop! But then how do I post them on the internet? Turn them into podcasts? :?? Imma go google it right now!

KellyK
11-01-2006, 03:13 AM
in ten years the knitting forum might be everybody waving to each other and having to make sure you're dressed! :pout: :happydance:

I dont care if you guys see me in my jammies! :teehee:

Marie-Louise
11-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Making podcasts is easy if you own a mac. But placing them on the net can be tricky. If you want people to subscribe, you need an rss feed. Don't know if the mac can spit that out yet. I know that if you use iWeb to make the website it's going to be on, you can drag and drop your podcast there and I think it will automaticly make an rssfeed. I do have a mac, but I'm still in the stone age with MACOSX 1.3.9. I don't have all the cool features apple puts in their new OS. I'm saving to buy one once the new MACOS is released. Maybe I will make a Dutch podcast with English subtitles. Wouldn't that be fun. "Leren breien met Marie-Louise"...
"Learn to knit with Marie-Louise" :rofl:

VictoiseC
11-01-2006, 05:21 PM
in ten years the knitting forum might be everybody waving to each other and having to make sure you're dressed! :pout: :happydance:

I dont care if you guys see me in my jammies! :teehee:

I'm looking forward to it!
:happydance: