PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Knitters

losnana
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Anybody out there from my area? Just nosy I guess.

MinivanMamma
10-27-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm not real close but I live in Chesapeake (Deep Creek). :waving: I've never been to Gloucester...just as far as the Coleman Bridge in Yorktown! :wink:

Eloewien
10-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm at the other end of the state in Pulaski... hi :waving:

MzKtKat
01-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Mechanicsville Baby here...HI!!! :clink:

losnana
01-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi, MzKtKat,

My son & his family live near you in Chesterfield County. Their mailing address is actually P'burg, but they're in the county. Give me a "holler" if you ever this way.

Julie

losnana
06-17-2007, 08:59 AM
BUMP!

Eloewien
06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
My parental types are in Chesterfield :)

losnana
06-26-2007, 07:58 AM
My parental types are in Chesterfield :)

So are my DS, DIL and 2 DGDs. My DD, SIL and other 2 DGDs are in Lynchburg, probably not TOO far from you.

Ellen Edwards
07-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm from the Franklin area- known for it's particularly bad smell from the IP paper mill!! I don't get too far these days--I have Fibromyalgia = arthritis and I'm just sore most all the time. But it'd be really nice to see some other knitters nearby!! SURELY there are more VA knitters than us!! I'm not a very prolific knitter, but I would like to knit with others some time.

My son and his wife live in Covington--is that near Pulaski, I wonder?

MAmaDawn
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm in Stafford... it's near Fredericksburg

Lindsey H
11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I live in Smithfield. Not really middle peninsula but just thought I would chime in.

HollyP
11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
:waving: from Yorktown! Again not middle peninsula but close! I know there are more VA knitters here.

losnana
11-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi, neighbors,
HollyP, Yorktown is CLOSE!! In fact, I was there yesterday in court.

In fact, I think anywhere in VA is close. Shall we change the title of this thread to VA Knitters? I don't even know if it's possible to do such a thing.

HollyP
11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
You can change the title by going to the first post and editing. It would be fun to see who lives in this great Commonwealth!

vaknitter
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm up in the central virginia. My in-laws live towards virginia beach

losnana
11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
This is now Virginia Knitters. Let's see how many of us there are. We should have as many s NC does, and they have a BUNCH of VERY ACTIVE KHers.

Rabbitrescuer
12-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm in Roanoke. Don't really consider myself a knitter yet since I'm still learning. But figured I'd add myself to the Va list.

kkatt82
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm here in Virginia Beach, hubby is stationed at Naval Station Norfolk :)

losnana
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm in Roanoke. Don't really consider myself a knitter yet since I'm still learning. But figured I'd add myself to the Va list.
You're still a knitter!!! We're all still learning something.

gingerbread
12-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I new there were a lot of us on here so I will put my two cents in. Stafford here also and I have been here for about six years. A transplant from Massachuestts. The winters are a lot better here. So hi to all of the other knitters from Va. :waving::waving::waving:

losnana
12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi, gingerbread. Your name is perfect for this time of year!!

HollyP
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
:waving:Hey everybody! I knew there were quite a few Virginians here!

chie96
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm from the Franklin area

I am also in Franklin! I've heard that the library has a knitting group Thurs. nights - I'm going this afternoon to ask about it.

MamaMer
12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm in Stafford... it's near Fredericksburg

I new there were a lot of us on here so I will put my two cents in. Stafford here also and I have been here for about six years. A transplant from Massachuestts. The winters are a lot better here. So hi to all of the other knitters from Va. :waving::waving::waving:

I am in Fredericksburg!! Actually, I have a Fred addy, but I live in Spotsy.

You Stafford gals should come down to the Knitter's Cottage on William St in downtown on Tuesday nights from 7-9--Knit Night:) Bunch of crazy knitters get together, to eat and knit:thumbsup:

gingerbread
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh my yes I have been to the knitters cottage. I was very new to knitting and they were very helpful to me. I just might go knowing that some of the people are from this board. I really don't drive at night in the winter. Never was good at it to much snow up in Mass. Which I love that it doesn't snow that much down here. I hope to go down there after Christmas now. With all my new Christmas money.:woohoo:

losnana
12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I just discovered a new LYS in Tabb, VA. That's in York County. It's name, appropriately enough, is The Yarn Shop. I think it has bveen there a little over a year.?

And if any of y'all go to Williamsburg, be sure to visit the Knitting Sisters. Wonderful place with tons of gorgeous yarn.

bjc1050
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm in the Winchester area.

losnana
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Glad to know you bcj1050.

losnana
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
vaknitter, RunningMommy, chie96, and MamaMer, I've added you all to my friends list on Ravelry. I had already added the other Virginia knitters who are there. MamaMer, I don't know how, but when I typed in MamaMer in the people search on Ravelry, it sent me to your profile. How do it know???

HollyP
12-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I just discovered a new LYS in Tabb, VA. That's in York County. It's name, appropriately enough, is The Yarn Shop. I think it has bveen there a little over a year.?

And if any of y'all go to Williamsburg, be sure to visit the Knitting Sisters. Wonderful place with tons of gorgeous yarn.
The Knitting Sister is great! I absolutely love every one there and they have such gorgeous yarn.
You know what I live literally 5 min away from the Yarn Shop and have never been. Is it any good? The owner scared me in her last shop so I have avoided it.

truble2301
12-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm in Suburbiaville in Chesterfield County. I agree with you F-burg area people, though, that the Knitting Cottage is darling! I've only been once, but I will definitely go back. The owner (Nancy??) could not have been more welcoming.

gingerbread
12-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Welcome truble2301 Great to see you here.
I agree the Knitting Cottage is a great place.
To much going on right now in my life to get down there. It is on my wish list to get there.:roflhard:

losnana
12-15-2007, 09:56 AM
The Knitting Sister is great! I absolutely love every one there and they have such gorgeous yarn.
You know what I live literally 5 min away from the Yarn Shop and have never been. Is it any good? The owner scared me in her last shop so I have avoided it.

Holly, what do you mean she scared you? She wasn't there when I went in. A gentleman I believe to be her husband maybe was the only person working. It is not a large shop, but they had a lot of good stuff there.

JamOKnit
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi all! I'm in the Greater Richmond area!! I have a few friends that knit and we try to get out in public at least once every other month and knit, eat and gossip. :)

Eloewien
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm down in the Pulaski area but visit richmond regularly to pester parents :)

MamaMer
12-18-2007, 12:16 PM
vaknitter, RunningMommy, chie96, and MamaMer, I've added you all to my friends list on Ravelry. I had already added the other Virginia knitters who are there. MamaMer, I don't know how, but when I typed in MamaMer in the people search on Ravelry, it sent me to your profile. How do it know???

That is weird! I am on there, but I haven't had time to put much up there right now. After Christmas is my goal:teehee: And it is even doubly weirder that I actually go by a different user name there! lol

I'm in Suburbiaville in Chesterfield County. I agree with you F-burg area people, though, that the Knitting Cottage is darling! I've only been once, but I will definitely go back. The owner (Nancy??) could not have been more welcoming.

Nancy is right! She is a sweet lady, everyone there is so helpful--it is where I learned to knit:inlove:

VaNana
12-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm also from Virginia - Danville, which is in the south-central area just above the NC border.

Glad to meet everyone!

losnana
12-31-2007, 02:37 PM
I t was strange to see your name!! My dgds call me Nana, too.

VaNana
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Julie - I am also Nana to 2 granddaughters.

Everyone - Here in Danville there are no good yarn shops. I have been to a couple in Greensboro, NC, but tell me of more. Those of you in or near Richmond, Roanoke or Lynchburg - any good ones there?

I did hear there are good ones in Charlottesville.

I travel to Norfolk quite often as my son lives there so do you know of any in that area? I did find some on Mapmuse but wonder what you think of them.

Thanks!

vaknitter
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Personally not a huge fan of the ones in C-ville. IMHO they are not very welcoming and warm. I have been to both with questions regarding a project and neither would answer my questions without charging me. One offered to order a specific color yarn for me (a brand they carry) and never did and the other got put out with me when I didn't take her suggestion for yarn.
We used to have an awesome one in Gordonsville, but she closed : (

losnana
01-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Everyone - Here in Danville there are no good yarn shops. I have been to a couple in Greensboro, NC, but tell me of more. Those of you in or near Richmond, Roanoke or Lynchburg - any good ones there?

I did hear there are good ones in Charlottesville.

I travel to Norfolk quite often as my son lives there so do you know of any in that area? I did find some on Mapmuse but wonder what you think of them.
Thanks!
There is a wonderful one in Williamsburg called The Knitting Sisters. If you're ever close check it out.
There is one in Lynchburg, but I don't remember the name. I haven't been in several years, and think it has moved since then. It had a fair amount of good stuff, but was in a very tiny shop, so it was difficult to maneuver around and see everything. I don't know about C'ville or the other places you mentioned.

Rabbitrescuer
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
There's one here in Roanoke called Sereknity, it's wonderful. Very warm & inviting. You can just drop in to knit & chat if you like. I tried teaching myself to knit from a book & was having trouble- dropped in there & Brenda taught me what I needed to know.

JamOKnit
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
There are several LYS in Richmond but I've only been to one...the ladies there were very nice, inviting me to come to their classes, etc. but I had trouble finding any yarn there that I could get cheaper than I can find on the internet. They had lots of eyelash and specialty yarns, and I was just looking for some plain ol' basic worsted. :)

VaNana
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks everybody, I think next time I have the opportunity I will try the one in Roanoke - it sounds the best

I can't imagine wanting to charge to answer questions! Not very inviting!

Tia
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM

YAY! Winchester! I lived there for 6 mos. before we moved to WV. (I know I'm crashing this party being from WV, but I'm only 4 miles from the VA line next to Loudoun Co. in Harpers Ferry.)

I shop in Winchester all the time...don't you just love the 'new' Michaels? :woot: They would build that shopping center AFTER I moved away. :wink:

knitchick16
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey, I'm a knitter from Virginia!:happydance: :knitting:
What's up everyone?!
I also do crochet for all you fans of that too!

Over and out!

sillywoman826
01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
HI,
I know where Glouchester is but I am about 75 miles west of you in Charlottesville area. I am new to this form, a beginning knitter - well I have knitted about 6 scarfs but have not progressed past the scarf stage :>(.

Paige AKA Sillywoman826

sillywoman826
01-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi Theresa,
We are not that far apart even though you are in WV, I live in Standardsville, just across the mountains from Harrisonburg off Rt 81. I love it here. I have a Micheals in Charlottesville & Harrisonburg, also several specialty knitting stores in Charlottesville that i visit. I am new to this group.
Paige AKA sillywoman826

losnana
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know of a good LYS in or around Harrisonburg? I'm going to Masanutten for a week in mid-February, but can't ski this year because of bad knees. the up side of this is that I have extra money for yarn. Just need to know where to go.

truble2301
02-01-2008, 08:04 AM
The Knitting Basket on Grove near Libbie in Richmond is very nice, as is the Yarn Lounge on Cary Street in Carytown. I've never been to Unraveled, out at Gayton Crossing and I've had two less-than-pleasant experiences in Lettuce Knit at Stony Point, so I won't be returning there. Unlike The Knitting Basket and The Yarn Lounge, Lettuce Knit gave me the distinct impression that the shop was "members only," IYKWIM. There might be wonderful people there, but I missed them on my two visits.

ETA: It's a bit of a drive from Richmond, but Holly Spring in Powhatan on Route 13 is also very nice!

catinblack
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I found the thread on VA knitters and wanted to jump in. I am in Blacksburg, VA, home of Mosaic Yarn Shop, friendliest little shop on the planet. She also sells very great yarn and has plenty of it. She is having a knitting retreat with very famous teachers in June. Check it out by visiting the website for Mosaic Yarn Shop and clicking on Purl Jam.

escomyluv
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey all. I'm here in Halifax, Va. I'm new to this site and new to knitting. But loving both so far.:muah:

losnana
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi there, escomyluv! If those are your children in your avatar, they are adorable. Stupid statement: they are adorable whether they are yours or not!!

losnana
05-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Catinblack, thanks for the info on the LYS in Blacksburg. We VA knitters have to help each other out so we're not TOO outdone by our neighbors to the south. Those NC knitters are something else!

Knit4Fun
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey there, fellow VA knitters... :waving:

knittingfool
05-16-2008, 07:31 PM
hi teri
I am also a Mass transplant. Im in Roanoke. Where in Mass are you from? Chelmsford is my home.

Pat
Knittingfool

losnana
05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Hello, knittingfool and knit4fun. Always nice to hear from other Virginia knitters. I know there are more of us out there.

MichelleC
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm in Stafford Va. I'm new to the forum and knitting.

losnana
06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi, Michelle. I'm in Gloucester, but I think there is at least one other KHer here from Stafford. I checked : MAmaDawn and gingerbread are both in Stafford.

WandaT
06-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi fellow VA knitters! Just found this thread and thought I'd say hi! I'm in Va. Beach!!

MichelleC
06-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi, Michelle. I'm in Gloucester, but I think there is at least one other KHer here from Stafford. I checked : MAmaDawn and gingerbread are both in Stafford.

Thank you!!

losnana
06-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi, Wanda T, we're nearly neighbors.

Knit4Fun
06-14-2008, 01:30 PM
If there's any northern Virginia (DC suburbs) knitters out there, I just wanted to pass along that a new LYS just opened up where I live in Centreville, VA.

It's in the Centreville Square Shopping Center at the corner of Machen Road and St. Germain Drive (across from the library). The name is With Yarn in Front. I also recommend Sino's Inn which is in the same shopping center if you like great Chinese food.

I'm off to check out the store now myself... :cheering:

Okay...an update - the store is really nice with lots of great yarns...Louet Gems, corn yarn, Plymouth, Baby Ull, lots of great sock yarn, Reynolds, etc. The prices are good too and the owner and others there were SUPER nice and welcoming - it's a great addition to the NoVa yarn scene!

HollyP
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
:waving:Hi Virginians!!! I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I knew there were more of us. I was in Williamsburg yesterday w/my Mom for a Dr appt. Afterward we went to Knitting Sisters. Mom is not a knitter but absolutely loved it there. She said if it was closer she might actually take up knitting just to hang out there. I did practice restraint ***gasp!*** and walked away without buying anything. I put myself on a yarn diet this summer. The only thing I've bought this summer has been for my surprise theme swap pal.

I'm really glad to see ya'll! We need to represent!

BeckyH
08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Fellow Virginians! I am in Leesburg, In Northern VA. No LYS in my county at all. I know about the one in C-ville, but did not like it. Any others you all know of nearby?
I grew up in Roanoke, and have been to "Needle on the square" there, which is small, but nice.

Becky

Knit4Fun
08-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Becky!

I live in Centreville and can recommend from experience a store in The Plains called Hunt Country Yarns (www.skeins.com) - Bob (the owner) is fantastic and his knitting classes are amazing. It's my favorite LYS so far.

I've also heard good things about Old Town Needlecrafts in Manassas and Uniquities in Vienna, but I haven't been to either store yet.

There's a couple more in the area but I am not a fan of them personally - Nature's Yarns in Fairfax and Capital Yarns in Chantilly, but then again, I really like the Centreville yarn store so far (it's new and they are still getting stock in but the staff is so friendly).

Good luck! :hug:

BeckyH
08-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree about Capital Yarns. They are not so great. I felt they were over priced, and not very friendly. I have not tried Hunt Country Yarns yet, or the others you mentioned. I will have to check them out.

I visited Knitting Sisters in Williamsburg over the summer. They were wonderful!! Very friendly, and helpful. I wish I lived closer to Williamsburg.

I will try the others you mentioned too. Thanks

MAmaDawn
08-12-2008, 11:23 PM

I'll be closer to you soon... I'm moving to West VA at the end of the month...

Hi Fellow Virginians! I am in Leesburg, In Northern VA. No LYS in my county at all. I know about the one in C-ville, but did not like it. Any others you all know of nearby?
I grew up in Roanoke, and have been to "Needle on the square" there, which is small, but nice.

Becky

Hunt Country Yarn is WONDERFUL! Lovely little town too! It will be about 45 min drive, but I think I will make that every now and then... it was such a nice place, wish I had time to sit and knit while we were there.

I haven't been to Knitter's Cottage much cuz it's hard to go without my kids and they have post on their site and in the store that they prefer if you don't bring your kids. So that makes it hard for moms to go.

nephthys8
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey hey VA knitters! Now this is a thread I can get into. I:

- grew up in Winchester (or Funchester as I like to call it :mrgreen:)
- went to college at Longwood University (smack-dab in central VA)
- currently live sandwiched between Fairfax City and Vienna, VA not far from the metro

It is nice to know that there are other knitters around since I'm new to this and it has been super great reading that there are good yarn shops in northern VA. (Centreville isn't far at all!)

:grphug:

figaro
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi all! I am going to be in the Culpeper/Fredericksburg area for Thanksgiving from the 26th to the 30th. I am wondering if there are some nice yarn stores that I might be able to attack, um I mean visit while I am in the area? :shifty: I sure would appreciate the help!

Thank you!

nephthys8
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey Debbie! Since I see that you are on Rav, check out the DC/MD/VA Fiber Arts group on there. There are several wonderful LYSs in northern VA, but I'm not intimately familiar with the ones down near Fburg. I think that group can point you in the right direction, though. :)

playfulpixie
05-19-2009, 10:21 AM
I am in Bristol, WAAAAY down in the southeast corner..in fact half the town is in VA and half is in Tenn.!

Dari
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I go to school at Lynchburg College in Lynchburg... good to know I'm not the only VA knitter out there :D

Fonda
08-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Hey to all...I live near the Charlottesville area, about 15 miles east toward Richmond, and we have a couple of very good shops here. If y'all want the address I can send it to you and the phone number.
Great to have a place for Va. knitters. I have been knitting for about one year and love all the exciting patterns I hope to get to in the future. lol:
Virginia is a fabulous place to live!!!!!!:muah:
Fonda

Watercolor Ponies
09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi all! I am going to be in the Culpeper/Fredericksburg area for Thanksgiving from the 26th to the 30th. I am wondering if there are some nice yarn stores that I might be able to attack, um I mean visit while I am in the area? :shifty: I sure would appreciate the help!

Thank you!

I am from Spotsy/Fredericksburg and we have an AWESOME store here called The Knitter's Cottage. www.knitterscottage.com (http://www.knitterscottage.com)

Tuesday night Knit Night if you are going to be in town then :)

truble2301
10-06-2009, 05:18 AM
I am from Spotsy/Fredericksburg and we have an AWESOME store here called The Knitter's Cottage. www.knitterscottage.com (http://www.knitterscottage.com)

Tuesday night Knit Night if you are going to be in town then :)

I second that! I'm from Richmond, but I stop by The Knitter's Cottage whenever I'm in town. Very nice shop.

Watercolor Ponies
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll be closer to you soon... I'm moving to West VA at the end of the month...

Hunt Country Yarn is WONDERFUL! Lovely little town too! It will be about 45 min drive, but I think I will make that every now and then... it was such a nice place, wish I had time to sit and knit while we were there.

I haven't been to Knitter's Cottage much cuz it's hard to go without my kids and they have post on their site and in the store that they prefer if you don't bring your kids. So that makes it hard for moms to go.

As long as your kiddos aren't grabby and crazy, they don't care. :) She just displays a lot of her yarn at that enticingly low small kiddo height, and for other shoppper's sake, it is nice to try to keep the hanks in tact, kwim? I take my kids in all the time, I just make sure that they sit in the rockers up front (my olders) and my youngers are in a carrier or stroller. It has never been an issue :)

glittersquirrel
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm not technically a VA knitter since I live in DC, but I'm a new honorary VA girl since I started taking classes as NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College) this fall :yay:

I've never actually been to a proper knitting/yarn shop before. I just started in late spring, and my small stash is from Michael's. I found a couple types of yarn that are really pretty and one which I think is great quality, but the others are Red Heart. I thought my friend's mom was just being kinda snooty when she told me it had no give to it, but now that I'm really working with it, I can see her point!

Anyway, I'm blabbering on because I'm so excited to see some nearby knitters! :muah:

We should do a road trip to all the shops you've mentioned! (Hey, I'm a dreamer---I don't deal in logistics).

needlewench
12-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi y'all, just found this thread and am happy to see so many knitters in the area! I think a road trip to visit yarn shops would be so fun! My favorite so far is Uniquities in Vienna - Brenda (owner) is so generous with her time, she even worked with my 8yo son to help him pick yarn and taught him a new cast on for a blanket he's knitting this winter. I'm in Reston. You can find me on Ravelry at needlewench, and my (very new) blog is http://7jarsofmustard.com. Happy needling!

glittersquirrel
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi, needlewench! I keep hearing good things about Uniquities... I'll have to check it out. I ended up going to Knit + Stitch = Bliss in Bethesda, MD, and they were very, very nice as well, and told me to feel free to come in with questions any time.

I'll look you up on ravelry.

Meanwhile...
Roooad triiiip!

portoprincesa
01-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Virginia Beach area! Nice to see some local moms :)

DadnLex
03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi new to this whole knitting thing..... trying to help my daughter who wants to learn. I'm from Fredericksburg. Spotsy really.

luckygal813
03-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm in Manassas. anyone close to there?

ShanaHoo
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi, I'm a :heart: Virginia:heart: Knitter!

I grew up in Spotsylvania (still spend a lot of time there because my family and DBF's mother are still there), knit my way through college in Charlottesville until 2009, and now live in Lorton. Occasionally I also knit on my lunchbreak at work in Rockville, MD.

pixie91075
05-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Military transplant here. I live in southern Stafford county (think Falmouth). Started knitting at Christmas 2010.

ShanaHoo
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Hello :heart: Virginia :heart: knitters!

Just a reminder that the Get Your Knits in Virginia Yarn Crawl starts next month (July)!

Here's the website for the LYS's that are participating!

Get Your Knits (http://www.getyourknits.com/Get_Your_Knits/Home.html)

"This years’ Get Your Knits goodie is this super-cool and eco-friendly recycled cotton project bag! Purchase the bag at any participating yarn shop and enjoy 15% off your purchases (excluding needles, notions, and previously marked-down items) for the entire month of July!"

:heart: Virginia is for Lovers.. and Knitters! :heart:

isbrealiomcaife
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Attempting to learn down in Norfolk.

Knittynew
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Anybody out there from my area? Just nosy I guess.

Hi fi there , just start knitting..How about you?:knitting:

Kala
01-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm in Pound Virginia, close to Norton and Wise

ShanaHoo
01-31-2012, 12:58 PM
:heart: Virginia :heart: Knitters!

In case you haven't heard, there is a new LYS in the Fredericksburg area. Old Town Yarnery opened up on William Street over the holidays. I've been in a couple of times to pick up needles (Addi Turbos!). Here is their website: Old Town Yarnery (http://www.oldtownyarnery.com/Old_Town_Yarnery/Home.html)

If you are in the area, drop by and support them!

capva
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi Ellen,
I use to live in Boones Mill, am now in Roanoke. Not exactly loving all the snow today. Just finished shoveling the car and driveway. It's still snowing so probably have to go out again!!!

capva
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Another transplant here from Long Island. Now living in Roanoke and loving it. BUT not loving the snow right now....lol

capva
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Sorry about the double answers...

xToXicBeAutYx
03-11-2014, 12:31 PM
I used to live in Richmond, VA. I just moved to Harrisonburg, VA. I don't know anyone here, so if there's anyone on here from Harrisonburg... let me know! :grphug: