PDA

View Full Version : No knitting for over a week.

SabrinaJL
10-28-2006, 02:44 AM
We are moving next week and I have so much to do, but instead, I continue to knit. So I decided it was time to pack away all my yarn and needles. I thought I might keep a small project out (like a hat) but I knew even that would be distracting.

I feel really really bummed about this. I know it will be at least next Saturday (maybe later) before I'll be able to knit again. It's ridiculous how depressed this makes me. :verysad: I mean, it's just knitting, right?

Rorshach
10-28-2006, 02:52 AM
no, it's not just knitting, it's an addiction that we all take pleasure in. Least that's how I see it, and considering how you're feeling at the moment, I would say that you've got the addiction as well. :D Now for the bad news, there's no patch for this type of addiction :D

Braden
10-28-2006, 09:16 AM
no, it's not just knitting, it's an addiction that we all take pleasure in. Least that's how I see it

I see it as not just knitting, but a way of life. ROFL

janelanespaintbrush
10-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Why not use knitting as a little reward after you finish the tasks you've set out to do for the day? It might actually give you more incentive to get things done, and would be a great way to relieve some of the stress of moving. Giving it up cold turkey -- well that's just crazy talk, woman! That would probably just exacerbate your stress level in the long run.

Case in point... recently I didn't knit for a few of days because I was mad at DH's socks for not wanting to fit right, and I noticed that I started to feel really down. When I picked up the needles again, I started to feel better. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I think there may be something happening at the neurochemical level when we knit that fosters our emotional well-being. Hmmm... maybe that's why everyone at KH is so nice and supportive. We're all high from knitting!

SabrinaJL
10-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm weak and shameful.

I broke into one of the boxes and got out the hat that I'm knitting for Caps to the Capital. I just couldn't do it. Besides, I was having a yard sale today and I figured sitting there doing nothing for 5 hours while waiting for people to buy my crap was completely pointless. So I finished the hat.

Also, for the longest time I've been thinking I don't have a "yarn stash" because when people say that I think of massive quantities of yarn. Well, I was gathering up all my yarn and bringing it into the living room to put away. I kept find bags and boxes of yarn all around the house. By the time I gathered it all up my family decided that I need some serious help. :teehee:

But I think there may be something happening at the neurochemical level when we knit that fosters our emotional well-being. Hmmm... maybe that's why everyone at KH is so nice and supportive. We're all high from knitting!

Actually, since I first came here I was amazed at how helpful and kind everyone is (lots of other sites have mean, snarky people) so I think you may be onto something.

stitchwitch
10-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I took a ten day "sabbatical" from knitting to help my husband take care of his mom's estate (she died on Oct 16th). Today I finally had a moment to just sit down and knit something. I knit up a headband and it felt good to be back to some semblence of normality again. It felt strange be gone from my knitting for so long, picking it up again was like saying hi to an old friend.

Quiara
10-28-2006, 09:15 PM
We're all high from knitting!

It's the wool fumes.

knitaddict
10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I can completely sympathize with you!! Not too long ago I got the flu... *really* badly... and was unable to knit for what seemed like years. It was amazing how much my spirits soared even while my tummy still did flip-flops when I finally had the energy to pick up my needles again. :)

cozy
10-29-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm glad you were able to knit something! And I completely understand. It's one thing to not feel like knitting (I know...what??) but it's another thing to want to knit & not be able.

LOL@"the wool fumes."