PDA

View Full Version : FO: Lace Bracelet for a friend

Orangeus
10-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Ages and ages ago I posted a WIP of a braclet I was making for a friend, and I never got around to blocking it until now, and I felt bad for posting the half finished project, without following up, so here it is!

Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it pre-and post blockage, and I wrapped it up as soon as it was dry without getting a picture still.
I stole it back from her after she unwrapped it, and took some '11 at night, must use flash' pictures!

The bracelet! Finished! (The outer desk bits have been photoshoped to reduce glare, but that is nearly true colour for the bracelet)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/Orangeus/Knitting/Braceletwhole.jpg
The ladybug buttons are an inside joke of sorts, since that's kind of her nickname. And the button loops are just crocheted chains I sewed onto the bracelet because I can binded off WAY TOO TIGHTLY, plus I still can't crochet.

Close up of the pattern.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/Orangeus/Knitting/BraceletDetail.jpg
It was the 'Bluebell' one, from Knitty's 'Perdita', although with the colours I picked I think it looks more like butterflys. Thus, I've renamed this one 'The Monarch'

It was very fun knitting it up, and I highly reccomend it to a newbie lace knitter (considering I am one!), since it's such a small project, you don't have to commit to buying a 'proper' amount of yarn for something like a shawl or even a scarf.
Getting the beads on was a bit annoying (I had braces for two years recently, yet there was NOT ONE of those little floss threader thingies around the house when I actually needed them!) And the finishing was not as easy as the knitting, but it didn't stop me from starting the one for myself! Using size... US 00 instead of US 1 though, so it's not so floppy...not sure if this will work in my favour or not though!

(oh and my friend says she absolutly loves it, and is wants me to teacher her to knit now. I think I'll wait until after her first semester in college at least, so she doesn't fail any classes because she was in her dorm knitting! I showed her how to make a hat on the Knifty Knitter Loom though, so she could have a unique beanie, which I'm finishing for her)

callmesusan
10-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Very Pretty. She will love wearing it and getting comments on it!!

rebecca
10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Gorgeous! You are a good friend :wink:

knitaddict
10-28-2006, 12:19 PM
That is very pretty!! :heart:

Jan in CA
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
That is gorgeous!! Excellent job!

Amber
10-28-2006, 03:30 PM
That is so pretty! What a sweet friend you are!

Andrea
10-29-2006, 10:14 AM
That is really REALLY pretty! :inlove:

Old Knitter
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
We'd really love to see a picture of it on her wrist...........

mwedzi
10-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey, I remember when that was a little WIP. And now it's grown up into a full grown bracelet. It's so cute.

Orangeus
10-30-2006, 02:15 AM
When I talk to my friend again, I just know she's going to think you guys are the nicest! A picture of it 'in action', will probably have to wait until the holidays, though.

I will say this, it's a really good thing I don't know anyone that wears shawls, otherwise I would slowly become obessed with knitting lace! I already want to start making up my own patterns! It truley is the Curse of the Tiny Holes (in knitting), hahhaha.