PDA

View Full Version : Pattern for Ballet Slippers in Washcloth

luv2knit
10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I am looking for a pattern that has ballet slippers in the washcloth. I have seen all kinds with hearts, saying, animals, but would like to have one with ballet slipper for my DD.

Any suggestions where I could find a pattern for ones with ballet slippers?

Happy Knitting!

gardenmommy
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
You can make your own if you have a graphic of slippers that you like at

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

Like....

rebecca
10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I like that chart :cheering: :cheering:

gardenmommy
10-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I just found a clip art graphic that I though would work well, plugged it in to the Knitpro, and that's what came out!

luv2knit
10-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks, The clipart for my ballet shoes is the wrong format, but I am pretty sure my husband can change it with his photo programs so I can use it on the website suggested. I was able to get it to work on another picture, so I know I can at least do that!

Now for creating an actual knitting pattern that is certainly something I haven't done, so guess it's time to learn :lol:

Any suggestions for how to go about that??? :??

gardenmommy
10-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I guess I didn't explain the ENTIRE process.

I found a clip art in Word, pasted it there, copied the clip art and pasted it into Paint and saved it as a .jpeg, THEN uploaded it to the Knit Pro.

You'll probably have to do some refining of the "fuzzy" areas and decide if they will be one color or the other.

Number up the rows from the bottom right, starting with 1. If you're doing a cloth, decide what you'll do for your border, like garter or seed stitch.

For the actual design, you could make the dark purple the K stitches and the white the purls on the odd numbered (right side) rows, which you will read right to left, and on the even numbered (wrong side) rows which you will read left to right, P the dark purples and K the white stitches.

luv2knit
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
That is ok, you gave me a great place to start with the website! I had a little bit of an idea of how to do it, with the way you explained it really helped clarify how to take the picture and make it an actual knitting pattern. :figureditout: It actually doesn't seem that hard!

Thanks for ALL your help :notworthy: I have learned so much since I joined!