PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr to the USPS!

Georgiasmama
10-29-2006, 01:13 AM
I ordered some books from Amazon, and they were suppose to be here today, I just checked the tracking on them, and they were missrouted! Poopy on them. and they are working hard to get them to me shortly. What a bummer! Just when I wanted something fun and new.

I will just have to wait a few days more to get my books, I got Knitting for peace, One Skein Knitting, and something else. I can't remember. haha

Pink Dandelion
10-29-2006, 01:20 AM
:pout: aaawww I hate it when that happens! My packages have ended up in some really silly places before.

HamburgKnitter
10-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Amazon is normally pretty reliable, but sometimes they *know* when you really need your order bad...and mess that one up. Has happened to me several times! My sympathies!

AnotherBecca
10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
I've had good experiences with Amazon. Once I jumped the gun and complained that I hadn't received some books yet. They arrived 2 days later. 4 days later, an identical replacement set arrived. :oops: Didn't that just make me feel awful for making a complaint!

nonny2t
10-29-2006, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't necessarily blame Amazon guys! The ole USPS is the pits! Awhile back I went to the USPS website to see if I could make postage etc for a package and mail it from home. I made a label and postage for a priority mail package I wanted picked up at my home and shipped out. They NEVER picked it up, put a hold on all my mail instead, and when I took it to the post office, she made me stand in line then reweighed it and got snotty about how they didn't have home pickup for packages. Ok, I lost my temper BIG time and said something in a language only known to sailors and stormed out. When I called on Tuesday (Monday had been a holiday) wondering what happened to my mail, it took me 3 days to finally get my mailman on the phone and he said I put a hold on it but that he would deliver it that day. I told him in no uncertain terms I DID NOT put a hold on my mail and he got snotty and said he would include the hold slip to prove it to me. When the mail came, I looked at the slip and it clearly said, PACKAGE PICK UP AT RESIDENCE! It wasn't even a hold mail FORM!

Faye

losnana
10-29-2006, 02:00 PM
BE CAREFUL. Last year at Christmas I ordered several items from Amazon and requested that they be sent by UPS, rather than USPS. Since i have a PO Box, I gave only the physical address, where there is NOT a mailbox. Turns out that UPS or Amazon has some sort of contract with the USPS, causing my order to be delivered by UPS to the local PO, which promptly returned it. That was because there was no box at the physical address I had given. Yet nowhere on the Amazon site did it mention this fact. Since these were Christmas gifts I was fit to be tied and made tht fact known. I got about the same response as Nonny 2T at the PO. Since I have had a personal post office box at that PO for 25 plus years and a business one there for nearly as long, it isn't as if on knew who I am. Plus this is a small area, not a large city. :!!!: :!!!:

Whew! I feel better now.

Georgiasmama
10-29-2006, 10:27 PM
hehe I am glad you feel better! I would have been mad too..

I dont think it was Amazons fault just yet anyway. because I have ordered from there before and thing got here just fine. when I did check it on the website thru USPS, it said THEY shipped it somewhere else. must have gotten on the wrong truck. I just hope it wasn't like to another state!

hopefully it comes tomorrow, wouldn't that be nice!