PDA

View Full Version : OT: Please Fellow Knitting Helpers.........

*KnitPixie*
10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
I know to some of you this might sound silly but to me it is very serious. I treat my dog like my baby. I love her soooo much :heart: We had to go to the vet yesterday because my dog a 12-year old small terrier mix, started to have blood in her stool :pout: I thought it was colitis or something like that because it just started 1 day ago and she still was acting fine then by the 2nd day she acted very tired, wasn't eating or drinking and had more blood in her stool. I knew we had to get her to the vet soon so we took her to the vet for an emergency visit. He checked her out ordered x-rays, and did alot of other stuff and then came back into the room to tell us what he found. My heart sank, eyes filled and I cryed uncontrollably...they found a massive tumor in her stomach and he wasn't sure if it will be operable or not. He asked us what we would like to do 1.) Get her put to sleep now or 2.)Get an ultrasound to see if it is operable....... of course we want to get an ultrasound. If it is operable we will do everything to save our baby but if it is not we will have to get her put to sleep because it'll get bigger explode and she will bleed internally. We do not want her to suffer. I am 22 years old and picked her out in an SPCA as a child. She was 10 weeks old and in with the kittens because she was so tiny. I am asking EVERYONE to please pray for my Rascal, I feel that if we all pray together :pray: :pray: :pray: :heart: :heart: My dog will have a better chance. Please I am trying to remain hopeful and pray her well. I am soo scared of the results and we won't find out till Tuesday..plenty of time to make a miracle.

Braden
10-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I am so sorry. I will surley pray for you and your dog. I treat my dog like a baby, too. Sorry...

rebecca
10-29-2006, 03:12 PM
I certainly don't think it's silly! We treat our pets like they are part of the family because they are! I will pray for you and your pup. Please keep us informed.

jodstr2
10-29-2006, 03:16 PM
:hug: :heart: warm thoughts and positives vibes for you and Rascal. my kitty is part of the family. you're not being silly. hang in there. :heart: :hug:

Ingrid
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Poor baby! :pray:

mrs desert rain
10-29-2006, 03:30 PM
You and Rascal are in my thoughts. :hug: Sending loads of healing and supportive energy!!! :heart:

feministmama
10-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh that's so sweet. You are not silly. And I think yer dog must know how much you love it by asking for even more love. :muah: Here's to hoping she does OK. :heart:

CarmenIbanez
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I will definitely be thinking of you! :hug: :heart: :muah:

Jan in CA
10-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm keeping you and Rascal in my thoughts! :hug: :heart:

nonny2t
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
It is NOT silly to love your pet so much you are overcome and I know that you are in everyone's prayers. Maybe I can at least give you a smile about something that happened to me recently and I was crying for at least an hour about it. I was in the middle of folding a load of clothes from my dryer and the phone rang. I left everything as it was and went and answered the phone, talked, hung up, noticed some of the clothes still a bit damp so closed the door and restarted it. About a minute into it I heard thumping like sneakers in the dryer and a moment later a loud MEOW! I was tumbling my poor cat! He had crawled into the clothes while I was on the phone and had left the door open. I can smile about it now, but then I cried and cried. I love my little Yorkie and my Tabby like my children as I am sure a lot of folks do. I know what I would feel like knowing my pet was hurting. I promise to pray not only for your little dog, but for you and for the VET too!

Faye

hellokitty165
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
I know to some of you this might sound silly but to me it is very serious. I treat my dog like my baby. I love her soooo much :heart: We had to go to the vet yesterday because my dog a 12-year old small terrier mix, started to have blood in her stool :pout: I thought it was colitis or something like that because it just started 1 day ago and she still was acting fine then by the 2nd day she acted very tired, wasn't eating or drinking and had more blood in her stool. I knew we had to get her to the vet soon so we took her to the vet for an emergency visit. He checked her out ordered x-rays, and did alot of other stuff and then came back into the room to tell us what he found. My heart sank, eyes filled and I cryed uncontrollably...they found a massive tumor in her stomach and he wasn't sure if it will be operable or not. He asked us what we would like to do 1.) Get her put to sleep now or 2.)Get an ultrasound to see if it is operable....... of course we want to get an ultrasound. If it is operable we will do everything to save our baby but if it is not we will have to get her put to sleep because it'll get bigger explode and she will bleed internally. We do not want her to suffer. I am 22 years old and picked her out in an SPCA as a child. She was 10 weeks old and in with the kittens because she was so tiny. I am asking EVERYONE to please pray for my Rascal, I feel that if we all pray together :pray: :pray: :pray: :heart: :heart: My dog will have a better chance. Please I am trying to remain hopeful and pray her well. I am soo scared of the results and we won't find out till Tuesday..plenty of time to make a miracle.

I will pray for Rascal.... please keep us posted

Jeremy
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm hoping and praying for the best for your poor dog.

hedgehog
10-29-2006, 07:20 PM
awwww... I just lost my baby-man (cat) of 19 years...

i'm sending as many cosmic vibes as i can...

i understand how hard this is..

-hh

*KnitPixie*
10-29-2006, 07:22 PM
:heart: I feel soo much love and prayers for my dog. You are all filling me with positive energy and I need it desperately. Thank you all for making me feel so much better about the situation. She is doing well as far as eating and drinking goes. She has stopped passing blood for the time being, I think her meds are doing that. I just hope we can remove this tumor, and that it is operable. Again thank you all for your support. :grphug: :pray:

Pink Dandelion
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Awww :pout: (((HUGS))) & prayers for your little doggy and yourself.

jdee
10-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm so sorry your Rascal is sick. I'll remember you and your baby in prayer. I know how you feel, because I'm a basket case when one of my kitties gets sick.

10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your doggie. Me and my Bailey are sending warm healing thoughts your way... :heart: :heart:

Quiara
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
It's not silly. I'll pray for you (all) and Rascal.

knewbie
10-30-2006, 12:04 AM
It's not silly at all. good thoughts and hugs headed for you.

I don't know what I wqould do with out my "kids" the pugs and the poo send their best too. :heart:

AnotherBecca
10-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Oh no! I will keep you and your dog in my thoughts/prayers! I am so attached to my cats, I can imagine how nerve-wracking this must be for you! :hug:

janelanespaintbrush
10-30-2006, 07:53 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug: :heart:

HamburgKnitter
10-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Healing vibes coming from my way too!

I don't think you're crazy at all. I have three cats that I love dearly. My oldest (almost 19) has Chronic Renal Failure and I don't hesitate a second to do everything and anything I can to make his remaining time happy and comfortable.

Rascal is a lucky dog to have such a caring family! :heart:

itsazoo
10-30-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm so sorry that you and Rascal are going through this. My thoughts are with you all.

I think it is great that you rescued Rascal from the pound. He is so lucky to have you. The unconditional :heart: from a pet is so special. There is nothing silly about loving them back.

Ronda
10-30-2006, 10:32 AM
:pray: Praying for you!

stitchwitch
10-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts. :hug:

*KnitPixie*
10-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok everyone tommorrow is THE day. Keep your fingers crossed and pray :heart: I take her to the vet tommorow morning at 9:15 am and they will do a ultrasound. They will then have me go home and call me to tell me to pick her up. I will then discuss the results with the doctor. Hopefully goood news.

Braden
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I hope it goes well. Still praying for you.

Sknitter56
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I'll be praying that Rascal can be treated and will recover from this illness. Losing a pet is like loosing a member of the family. My Scarlett, a golden retriever, had a stroke at 13 and I had to have her euthanized. The hardest decision I ever made, but the best one at the time. I still think about her all the time. I just recently got another pup from the pound in Savannah and she is a joy. Little mix of chow, black lab, and golden retriever. She's a mixed up pup, but lovable as heck. I'll pray for you and your companion and we all hope for the best.

Mary

debbie9707
10-31-2006, 01:08 AM
I am so sorry to here your news about Rascal. I to have dogs that i love dearly. These things are hard, we have had I share. Things always work out the way they should. Ya know? They know when you are helping. So love them , They are ours for only a short time.

Ill say a pray please let us know.
Debbie