PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Knitters

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Doodknitwit
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh my!!! :waving: love all your knitted wonders!!! the bears and doll clothes:yay:

Doodknitwit
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
:waving: thanks!!! for all the prep work you have done for all of us!!!:hug: are we there yet??? :blooby:

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Lizardknit, I DO look like your mom! :shock:
(Is she a redhead? I used to be one too.)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/45502915_d9f7bad29e_m.jpg

Lestrella, I'm glad your hubby is home. But I STILL wish you could come to our get-together! :pout:

Doodknitwit, I can't wait to meet you!!:hug:

lizardknits
06-08-2007, 11:08 AM
nah
shes not a redhead
thats my sister
my sister is a true redhead

my mom was a strawberry blonde but her hair has turned light brown over the years

when she was my age she had my hair color

( a picture of my sister and I to show the contrast)

http://photos-943.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v50/131/122/169803943/n169803943_30230357_2053.jpg

http://photos-017.ak.facebook.com/ip006/v42/131/122/169803943/n169803943_30177017_827.jpg

lizardknits
06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
btw, im what they call a strawberry blonde. My mom was that when she was younger. My hair is a mix of red, blonde, very blonde highlights, and a light brown underneath (all natural).

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
OMG! Another set of blonde and red-headed sisters!
Zip and I had the same hair colors when we were younger. :)

(Ginger, do you have any photos of us? I can't get find my photo album.):pout:

tsmith
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Where is the Knitting going to be? I just found this site and I live in Salisbury!!!! I would love to come a meet whoever likes to knit!
Please let me know.
thanks
Tommy

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Where is the Knitting going to be? I just found this site and I live in Salisbury!!!! I would love to come a meet whoever likes to knit! Please let me know. thanks Tommy
All the details of the get-together are in this thread.

tsmith
06-08-2007, 01:31 PM
"We will be using Table I (the letter - not the number)
It's reserved in my name - Sandy Davis"
I found it. Thanks.
I have been knitting for 1 year. I am a guy. I've had some strange looks, but I'm getting used to it. I visited my first yarn circle June 1st in Charlotte and now I can meet some others in my home town!!!

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Cool Tommy! We'll look forward to meeting you! :hug:
Be sure to bring your own food and beverage for lunch.

I just got some bad news! :pout: Doodknitwit will not be able to come.
:waah:
She has another commitment in the afternoon, and needs to make sure she can be there for that.

We'll miss you, Doodknitwit! :cry:

So, here is our final list of those coming to the get-together:

Shandeh (me) :P
wewantmore, DH, 2 kids (and one on the way!)
knitting4babybear (riding with Shandeh)
tsmith

PixieKnits
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
btw my sister and i are a blonde/redhead sisterhood, i am of course the red head

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
btw my sister and i are a blonde/redhead sisterhood, i am of course the red head
Small world!:hug:

Doodknitwit
06-08-2007, 05:37 PM
:waah:thanks!! knit some for me....:waving:
:hug:

Shandeh
06-09-2007, 12:14 AM

I'm SO sorry everyone. We'll have to cancel our get-together. :pout:

I've been washing clothes all day today, and somehow twisted my knee when I was doing the work. (my bad knee) :help:

So....needless to say, I won't be driving tomorrow. That means that there are only 2 of us left to go....so it wouldn't make sense to reserve a table for just 2 people. :(

I won't lose the money I paid for the table, because I'll be able to call and get a rain check for a later date.

I just hate that we can't get together! :cry:

I'm sorry things didn't work out for us this time.
PLEASE forgive me! :pray:

PixieKnits
06-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I must say im glad it got cancelled maybe next one i can attend!!! :)

wewantmore
06-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Sandy, doing LAUNDRY oh the horror. :teehee: No seriously, put some ice on that knee and rest up.

I hope to meet everyone soon.

Shandeh
06-09-2007, 07:20 AM
The good thing is that the laundry is all done.

The bad thing is we don't get to play at the park. :pout:

Oh well....maybe next time. :-?

lestrella
06-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Bummer. I'm sorry to hear about your knee Sandy. Is that why you are up so early today?

Yesterday I fell down the stairs or, I should say, I flew 10 steps bottom down. I don't know what happened but it was kind of scary. I thought I had broken something and all I could think was about my trip to colombia. Thank God nothing serious happened. I'm only in pain. My left leg (especially my knee), both of my wrists and hands (especially the left one) and my lower back.

Anyway, I run into this article this morning and I wanted to share it with you all. It's about a knitted house. Very interesting. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=460754&in_page_id=1770

I gotta go now. The kids have been up since 7:30am and we have to get ready to go to my brother's house and help him load the truck. They are moving back to Fl today.

:hug::hug:

Doodknitwit
06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
:star:hope you are ok!!!

Doodknitwit
06-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Oh good grief!! :waah: Hope it heals quickly...:star: Take care sit & knit :X::woohoo:

lissalue
06-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh Sandy!! I am soo sorry this happened. I know how much you were all looking forward to the knit together. please rest your knee. You know how it feels about housework :teehee:

I am glad you aren't hurt too badly Lestrella. Don't work too hard today!:muah::hug:

rebecca
06-09-2007, 12:04 PM
OH Sandy, I hope that you feel much better very quickly! If it's any consolation, I won't be doing a lot of kip, either, I sprained both ankles (while on my crutches, I am a true clutz? klutz?! sp?!) so I will be knitting a bit at our daughter's dance recital instead of all over town! If it were not for the recital, I would be knitting in bed!
I hope you are better soon, take care of yourself!!

Lady Violet
06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
sandy, i am soooooooooo sorry about your knee! :pout: :hug:
but on the upside, i may be able to go to the next one! here's hoping! :thumbsup: :happydancing:

wewantmore
06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Lestrella, I hope you aren't hurt too bad. Falling down stairs isn't fun. well duh, but you know what I mean.

Didn't get to do any KIP yet and I might not get a chance too.

BTW, the Mapquest directions to Dan Nicholas are wrong.

katiebug081504
06-09-2007, 05:02 PM
All that redhead talk and I missed it. The only redhead in my family.

zip
06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
OMG! Another set of blonde and red-headed sisters!
Zip and I had the same hair colors when we were younger. :)

(Ginger, do you have any photos of us? I can't get find my photo album.):pout:

Not readily at hand, I don't. Must remedy that.

I'm a brunette now anyway. ;)

lissalue
06-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Well, knitting4babybear and myself managed to get Sandy out of her house for a while anyway. We convinced her that going to a book store close to her house where she could sit and kip for a while would be excellent therapy for her knee:teehee:. I got my grandmaw to watch my kids for a few hours, and we had a really good time. Not as good as it could have been with everyone:pout:, but better than meeting up with no one. knitting4babybear gave us a bunch of really great yarn too:cheering:!! I will try to post a picture of it later. There is a lot of it!! Anyway, hope the rest of y'all had a great WWKIP day. hopefully we will have better luck getting together next time! :hug:

Shandeh
06-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Thank you all for the WONDERFUL well-wishes! :muah:

Lestrella, your fall sounds HORRIBLE! :pout: :help:
(Are you feeling better now?) :heart: :heart: :heart:

As Melissa said, some of us in Charlotte were able to get together to knit in public for a short time. My knee began to feel a bit better, and we REALLY wanted to honor the "Knit in Public" day. I'm SO glad we did! :happydance:

Sweet knitting4babybear gave us LOTS of yarn for our stash, to make room in HER stash for more yarn. :teehee:

Here's hoping we get a FULL get-together again soon! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-09-2007, 11:40 PM
OH Sandy, I hope that you feel much better very quickly! If it's any consolation, I won't be doing a lot of kip, either, I sprained both ankles (while on my crutches, I am a true clutz? klutz?! sp?!) so I will be knitting a bit at our daughter's dance recital instead of all over town! If it were not for the recital, I would be knitting in bed!
Becca!!! :help: I'm SO sorry you got hurt!!! :pout:

i may be able to go to the next one! here's hoping! :thumbsup: :happydancing:
Yay! :cheering:

the Mapquest directions to Dan Nicholas are wrong.
Oh dear! :shock: We will DEFINITELY need to get that resolved before we plan another get-together there.

All that redhead talk and I missed it. The only redhead in my family.
You're among friends! :hug:

wewantmore
06-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey I woulda met up in Charlotte. :nails: And I could use some new stash. :wink:

Sandy I'm glad you were able to get out and about.

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey I woulda met up in Charlotte. :nails: And I could use some new stash. :wink:

I'm sowwy!! :waah:

lestrella
06-10-2007, 10:54 AM
What?!!! You guys met in my area and didn't even invite me? That is just not fair. :mad: :verysad:
Oh, well. I'm glad you had a great time and I'm happy that your knee is doing better Sandy.

Yes! I'm doing better. M joints and knee are still in pain but I don't think is from the fall. Seriously, I think I might have arthritis or something like that but the doctors can't find anything. I don't get it.

tsmith
06-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Sandy,
I hope you are feeling better today. I went to Dan Nicholas and some people were at your table that didn't know what I was talking about when I said, "Is this the knitting group?" I went to the consession stand and they said you had cancelled. I didn't get a chance to check online until today. I'm so sorry we couldn't meet, but your health is more important. It was hot Saturday anyway!
Hope to meet soon!!

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
What?!!! You guys met in my area and didn't even invite me? That is just not fair. :mad: :verysad:
Oh, well. I'm glad you had a great time and I'm happy that your knee is doing better Sandy.

Yes! I'm doing better. M joints and knee are still in pain but I don't think is from the fall. Seriously, I think I might have arthritis or something like that but the doctors can't find anything. I don't get it.
I'm sorry Lestrella! :pout: I thought you were busy getting ready for your trip! Now, I wish I had called you!!! Please forgive me.

Sandy,
I hope you are feeling better today. I went to Dan Nicholas and some people were at your table that didn't know what I was talking about when I said, "Is this the knitting group?" I went to the consession stand and they said you had cancelled. I didn't get a chance to check online until today. I'm so sorry we couldn't meet, but your health is more important. It was hot Saturday anyway!
Hope to meet soon!!
I feel MUCH better today. I'm sorry you didn't get our message before the knit-together. What a pain!

Okay now.....I REFUSE to say "I'm sorry" again!!! :teehee:

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
:psst: couldn't we all use more stash :aww: please let us all know the next impromptu meet up :poke:

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I was thinking about that. :hug:

I'm going through my stash right now, to see what I can share with those of you that were in the original meet-up plan. :wink:

misha rf
06-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh, what a bummer that y'all couldn't meet!! And I'm sorry so many of you have recently experienced some...painful...stuff. I understand completely---this time last year, my lower right leg was in a cast (chipped 2 bones at the top of my foot). I hope everyone's feeling better soon!!! :hug::muah:

wewantmore
06-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Well I finally got to a place in this hat pattern that I understand and LOOKS like it's supposed to. The first part, not so much. :ick: But I refuse to frog it again.

I also have a very tight cast on that won't let the hat stregth. Any ideas on this?

Michelle

wewantmore
06-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah the swelling has started in my feet already.

I do remember this time with Kayla's pregnancy the swelling. It was very BAD then. This seems to happy in the evening and is pretty much gone by morning. But it does get painful.

lestrella
06-10-2007, 10:18 PM
I was thinking about that. :hug:

I'm going through my stash right now, to see what I can share with those of you that were in the original meet-up plan. :wink:

What? So I won't even get anything 'cause I was not in the original meet-up plan? :tap: It's just not fair! :grrr:

It's ok Sandy. I forgive you just because I wasn't going to be able to make it anyway. We didn't finish helping my brother move until 4:00pm. I'm not going to lie to you, I was kind of jealous that you guys met without me.

My trip in on Sunday. I still have to buy a few more things but I'm basically set. I have two doctors appointment this week. Plus, I have my son all day since school is over. BTW, he just turned 6 last week. He is such a big boy. I'm so proud of him.

misha, I hope you are feeling better.

:muah::hug:

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 10:26 PM
What? So I won't even get anything 'cause I was not in the original meet-up plan? :tap: It's just not fair! :grrr:
Girl! You must not check your PMs in here, because I just included you on a message, asking for your yarn preferences. :teehee:

I was thinking that you and I could get together on Tuesday if you want. Barnes & Noble or Starbucks...you say the word. :thumbsup:

sheilaksp
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi, just found this thread, where is everyone from in NC, I am in the Fayetteville area. I am a long time knitter.

tmsl
06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
NC Knitters-please pm your snail and email addresses if you would like to be invited to the grand opening of the new yarn shop in Hickory!!!

Hope to see you soon!!!!

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Hi, just found this thread, where is everyone from in NC, I am in the Fayetteville area. I am a long time knitter.
Welcome, sheilaksp! :hug:

Some of us are from Charlotte, Greensboro, Hickory, Shelby, Statesville, and Chapel Hill.

wewantmore
06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome Sheila. I'm in Charlotte.

tmsl - sent you a PM . :teehee:

Hi Sandy, how's the knee?

Had an OB appt yesterday. Everything is looking good and Dr. thinks baby is finally head down. :woot:

Michelle

tmsl
06-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi guys,

Keep the snails and emails coming!!!! Thanks for all who have sent so far.

Store is named "A Strand of Purls" so you will know it is me when you receive stuff via mail. We plan to open in August with grand open after Labor Day!!!! Busy, busy, busy right now. Can't wait to see you!!!!

Laura

sheilaksp
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the Welcome,
I am new to this forum so I am not sure how to do the posting and such. Where was everyone going to the knit out?
It sounds like most everyone is on the other side of the state from me.
I only have one fairly local yarn store in Stedman, NC. I mostly go into Cary, NC to get my yarn or order on line.
I am currently working on several projects, one is a sweater using Lang Zoom yarn! I was using one of Lang's sweater patterns, but I am adding my views to it, changing it here and there!
I also have a pair of sock going and I am getting reading to start a shaw using Kid mohair yarn that I got from Posh yarn from England. Love their yarn but it $$.
Again thanks for the Welcome
Sheila

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Laura, I'm so excited about your shop! :woot:
I wish I could be there to roll around in the yarn when it's delivered to you! :teehee: (I think you should hand out inexpensive strands of pearls to your first 50 shoppers.)

Michelle, my knee is KILLING ME! :help: It's this stupid weather. We're having a major thunderstorm right now. My "barometer" knee always lets me know about storms ahead of time. :roll:
I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!! :cheering:
And I'm SO glad your baby is head down now. :thumbsup:

I got to meet Doodknitwit yesterday, and she is a smart lady! She is also very nice. :)

Sheila, we had to cancel our last get-together, which was planned to take place in Salisbury. Up til now, all our get-togethers have been in Charlotte. I'm thinking we should plan an indoor event for July or August, because MAN, is it HOT outside!!!
By the way, I just started knitting a lace scarf last night with some kid mohair by Plassard, called "Pichenette". Feels like I'm knitting with thread! :shock:

tsmith
06-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Sandy,
I've been trying to do a lacy project for the last week. I got frustrated and foundout that I combination knit. I've spent the week online discovering what that means. Combination knitting is easy but now I need to compensate for patterns or "re-learn" how to knit. I have some books Amazoning in soon to help. How have you learned how to knit and what have you ran into?

wewantmore
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
:teehee: I started a scarf yesterday too. But its an easy Fun Fur one for my MIL. She's been bugging me since I made one for all the cousin girls for Christmas. I was getting pissy at my hat so I figured something no nonsense would be nice. Now I'm bored just knitting. :nails:

Sandy I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. I "need" to get out by myself. I'm a little t'd off at Steven at the moment.

Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary. All was great. Til he made plans for Saturday to play poker with the guys. "Um honey, you have tickets for Go Diego Go on Sat." him "oh can't you take them?" me "I was hoping you'd take them so I could have some 'ME' time. Plus this was to be your last little hurrah with them before the baby comes". him, "well I did take the kids to the waterpark while you finished working 2 weeks ago". :hair: After he said that and my jaw dropped, he realized that I was still WORKING and it wasn't "ME" time. He is still playing poker and I have begged MIL to take the kids to see the show.

Anyway that was long winded. I rarely get "Me" time, b/c I don't make it for myself. But I was sooooo looking forward to this and the kids were looking forward to getting dressed up to go out with Dad. :tap:

Doodknitwit
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Ms Hickory
did you get my info...:waving: can you tell us where in Hickory the shope will be :):psst::woohoo:

Doodknitwit
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
and Cabarrus county

wewantmore
06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
OH and I'm LOVING this rain. My garden and lawn are too. :wink:

lestrella
06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the new members!

Sand and Michelle, I sure you guys will have a great time together.

Laura, I'm really happy for you. I can't wait to visit your store and meet you. I'll send you a pm as soon as I can figure out how to do it. Can someone explain to me again how to send a pm? There used to be a little icon near our signature but I don't see it anymore.

Doodknitwit
06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
click on the name of person.. there will be a drop down
then click send a private message

Doodknitwit
06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
click on the name of person.. there will be a drop down
then click send a private message

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
How have you learned how to knit and what have you ran into?
I was first exposed to knitting when I was taking Home Ec in high school. My sister (Zip in the forum) had learned there before me, and I thought I would catch on like she did, but I had a hard time with it in my teenage years.

I tried again in 2003, using the internet as my guide. I bought a skein of red yarn and some size 10 needles, and watched the free online videos over and over again. I also bought the CD at Hobby Lobby called "Knitting Made Easy" (http://www.amazon.com/Coats-Clark-Knitting-Made-CD-ROM/dp/B000BVV6M4). Watching the stitches in action taught me MUCH more than any book ever could.

You should check out Amy's free videos in this forum.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Sandy I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. I "need" to get out by myself. I'm a little t'd off at Steven at the moment. I rarely get "Me" time, b/c I don't make it for myself. But I was sooooo looking forward to this and the kids were looking forward to getting dressed up to go out with Dad.
Aw Michelle! We gotta get that man of yours with the program. You DESERVE a nice break! :pout: (and your kids deserve the special time with him as well.)

Can someone explain to me again how to send a pm? There used to be a little icon near our signature but I don't see it anymore.
Just click the person's name, and you'll see the option to "Send a Private Message".

PixieKnits
06-15-2007, 03:56 AM
Which Hickory is it in? one is near me an hour away not far from Rocky Mount and the other is on the other side of Charlotte 3 and half hours away :(

misha rf
06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Which Hickory is it in? one is near me an hour away not far from Rocky Mount and the other is on the other side of Charlotte 3 and half hours away :(

She told me it's the one in Catawba County. I'm hoping to bribe my husband into driving...he can go visit some NASCAR stuff while I buy yarn! Then I can knit in the car. :rofling:

PixieKnits
06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Thats the one thats 4 hours from me ;(

Belphoebe
06-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm so excited a yarn shop will be close to me! Hickory is maybe 30 minutes from my house! :happydance:xxx Now, to just get enough money for yarn.

sheilaksp
06-16-2007, 09:59 AM
How far is Hickory from Fayetteville if I go down 95?

PixieKnits
06-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Sheila about 3 1/2 hours :(

tsmith
06-19-2007, 09:19 AM
So when can we have a meetup? I'm just eager to meet and knit in a group. I've been to one in Charlotte (my only one) and I'm just itchin' to do that again. :XY: Can we set one up? Please!

sheilaksp
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
3 1/2 hours, It takes me 4 hours or so to go to my son's. He lives in Spartenburg, SC. I usually go down 95 to florence then go to **** to columbia ( I think ), my direction are around here some where. So I guess I won't get to go unless I take a trip to see him and my grandson!

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 12:24 AM
So when can we have a meetup? I'm just eager to meet and knit in a group. I've been to one in Charlotte (my only one) and I'm just itchin' to do that again. :XY: Can we set one up? Please!

It will probably be a few months before we can get together again, because it's just too dang HOT now!

I'm thinking that we can plan a get-together in September.

Until then, we'll just have to commune in here. :)

Doodknitwit
06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
heading to mts Fri!! and SURPRISE :eyes: I want to shop for yarn:roflhard::poke:

tmsl
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Asheville is probably the closest.

Shandeh
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
If I were going to Asheville, I would check out Earth Guild, because I've always been fascinated by what I've heard about that place.

But, then again....I'm a spinner. :teehee:

Belphoebe
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
I've heard good things about Earth Guild too. Let us know how it is if you stop by.

Shandeh, if I didn't know better, I'd say you had it out for me. Now that I'm off for summer...and no get togethers? :roflhard: Maybe by then I'll have my shawl finished so I can show it to you. Stay cool! :hug:

misha rf
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Earth Guild is cool!! Purl's is nice, too. So is Yarn Paradise (which isn't near the other 2, but still in Asheville).

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Shandeh, if I didn't know better, I'd say you had it out for me. Now that I'm off for summer...and no get togethers? :roflhard: Maybe by then I'll have my shawl finished so I can show it to you. Stay cool! :hug:

I'm sorry my friend! :pout:

You know, you guys can plan one without me if you want.

I am NOT the Queen of the NC KH get-togethers. :teehee:
(at least I TRY not to be.....) :roflhard:

lestrella
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi!! I justwanted to send a quick hello all the way from Colombia.
We are having a blast here. We are surrounded by mountains and Itīs beautiful!!! I went to a few yarn shops here, but they donīt have much and itīs more expensive too.

:muah::hug:

PixieKnits
06-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Glad you're enjoying yourself! :)

lissalue
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey Larissa!! Thanks for posting so we know you got there okay. I am sure you are having a wonderful time with all your family. Be safe!! :muah::hug:

Brrlracinbt
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Joining in on this post... I live in Mount Airy, NC and Chapel Hill, NC (yep wierd)
Fave yarn shops are Circle of Friends in Elkin, NC and Knit Picky in Winston Salem.
I hope to join a meet-up in the future!

wewantmore
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome new members.

Nothing new here. I haven't picked up my needles in about a week. I'm bored with the Fun Fur scarf and that hat is just giving me a fit so I haven't picked it up either.

I'm just in blah mood. There are times I am all energy and getting baby stuff together and the other times (most of them now) I'm just tired and HOT.

How did everyone in the area fair with those storms the past couple of nights? Man the wind and lighting are SCARY.

Michelle

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry you're blue, Michelle! :pout:
Are we gonna have to sit and knit together again to cheer you up?

lissalue
06-26-2007, 03:12 PM
the storms have been really bad around her for the last several days. i saw lightening strike about 100 yards from our house last night. it was scary.:help:

PixieKnits
06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
its storming here as i type :( I really hope is a nice day saturday for my sons birthday party.

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I LOVE thunderstorms, because the whole world just feels so ELECTRIC!! (I must be a descendant of Benjamin Franklin.) :teehee:

PixieKnits
06-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I AM ALMOST done joshuas sweater!!!!!!! woohoo! :) i posted a pic in the 1st sweater KAL! :)

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Congratulations! :cheering:

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I was out and about today, and it was SO HOT!!!
:hot:

I'm worried about how July and August are going to be for us.

I've lived here my whole life, so I'm used to our hot summers, but I think it's gonna be worse than ever this year. :help:

PixieKnits
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
oh it was awful here too, not that you're that far away! LOL i couldn't even stomach taking the boy to the park so we skipped today!

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Back when I had little boys, I used to turn on the water sprinkler, put them in swim trunks, and throw them out in the yard. Pretty soon, we'd have a yard full of kids. :teehee:

Doodknitwit
06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
finished my rib warmer vest!!! finally :eyes:
we have had alot of thunder etc... not enough rain!!
hope everyone is recovered from their falls...

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm still a little sore, but not as bad as I was.
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to let them take a look.

misha rf
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better, Shandeh.

It poured here for a little while. The power went out for about 10 seconds at the library. And then I had to take the scenic route home b/c the power lines were down---again. There's one particular stretch on one backroad that gets hit hard no matter how mild the storm. (We've had 3 outages since April.) You'd think Duke would give up & put the lines underground.

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Several years ago, I dated an engineer for Duke. He was part of the underground wiring program. He showed me a cut-away portion of an underground cable. It was amazing!

munchkin10
06-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Here is another Mt. Airy Knitter with an obsession, I have lived in NC for 37 years . I was born and raised just across the state line in VA. and I l....u.....v yarn, it doesn't matter what kind or color, if I lay my eyes on it my mind starts whirling on all the things I could make with it! I taught myself to knit years ago then I kind of laid it down for several years. I started back about 10 years ago with a vengeance.

I love to knit sweaters, shawls and yes even socks!! My favorite time to knit is at night ,watching t.v with my husband of 38 years and our little dog, it just seems to help me unwind from the day.

A neat place I have found to get yarn for charity projects is at Estate auctions. Sometimes you can find a yarn lover like myself and her stash will be endless. I recently scored some mohair yarn for a steal at one of these auctions.

I am now working on a Ulstar lace coat with a hood, (I love lace knits). My next project is a western style sweater jacket with a horse on the back.

Ima

Shandeh
06-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Welcome, Ima! :muah:

misha rf
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Ima!!! :waving:

wewantmore
06-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I love storms. Mainly rain, I hate hate hate thunder. I can take lighting (from afar, it was way too close for my liking the other day). The wind is very scary too.

Welcome Ima.

Congrats on finished projects.

Sandy thank you so much for your call. It really lifted my knitting spirits.

I bought yarn yesterday. Sugar N' creme from Hobby Lobby for $1.11 a skein. And I have to check but they LOOK bigger than the ones I bought at Michael's.

Michelle

munchkin10
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Michelle,

Congratulations on your up-coming event. I hope all goes well for you and yours. I have a daughter , she is 37 and I had a son but we lost him in a car accident in 1994 - he was 21 at the time of his death.
Knitting was my greatest therapy and still is to this day. There is something very therapeutic about taking a skein of yarn and working it into something new and exciting.
One of the favorite things I love to do is the charity knitting. That gives me and avenue for my knitting because the drawers of my armoire or full of things I have made for myself.
Gotta' scat it is time for the afternoon skies to open up again. The thunder rumble is getting to close for comfort.
Ima

Thank you for the welcome Misha rf and Shandeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shandeh
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Ima, you should check out our Charity Knitting section!

We have LOTS of projects going. :hug:

Michelle, I'm glad you're feeling better, my friend! :muah:

Shandeh
06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to talk about SAFF.
The Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair
http://www.saffsite.org/index.php

I go every year, and always have a BLAST!
There are lots of yarn vendors, spinning displays, fiber animals, and cool classes.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/54945269_48cc515526.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/106/283517626_0f0b661ac1.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/283517624_a2b5c60151.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/283517629_ed6fac730c.jpg

Two years ago, I took "Beginning Knitting", and learned some things I didn't already know.

Last year, I took "Beginning Spinning", and learned how to make better yarn. (see me there on the back row?) :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/350184896_594dc4161b.jpg

This year, I plan on taking two workshops on Saturday to help me be a better knitter.

"The OOPS Workshop" and "Fair Isle Knitting"

I just hope I get signed up before the classes fill!! :help:

I don't know if I'll be going on Friday or Sunday, but time will tell.

SAFF 2007 takes place on Friday, October 26th, 9am to 6pm; Saturday, October 27th 9am to 6pm; and Sunday, October 28th, 9am to 4pm.

Admission is free on Friday. On Saturday & Sunday the fee will be $2/person for 13 yrs. & older (no charge for 12 yrs. and under). Tickets purchased on Saturday may be reused on Sunday.

They offer free Child Care (for toddlers & older) on Saturday & Sunday in Kids' Alley

lissalue
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting about this Sandy, i definitely want to try and go this year. i need to go check out the workshops and see if there are any i want to go to.

sheilaksp
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for posting Sandy a friend at a yarn store had told me about a month ago and wanted to go but left it at that.
I have gone to the website, they have some really interesting classes. I would love to do the spinning and dying classes. I have a spinning wheel, ashford, but have not a clue what I am doing.
I was trying to see if they had a brocure or not but I didn't see one so I e-mailed one of the people there and downloaded some of the information.
Again thanks for letting us know, maybe if enough of us go we could meet there if we can find the time to break away from all the yarn.

Doodknitwit
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
welcome Ima!!! :hug::woohoo:

misha rf
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
The Husband & I went last year on Sunday. He liked looking at all the critters. Kinda made up for having to look at all the yarn. :teehee:

Thanks for the reminder--I'll have to look at the classes....it's only about a 20 min. drive for me.

PixieKnits
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Welcome Ima! :)

And Sandy, oh how i wish it was closer and not 5 1/2 hours away! I might have to BEG DH to take me anyway! LOL

wewantmore
06-28-2007, 08:06 PM
:?? Why can't I figure out where the SAFF is being held? :??

PixieKnits
06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
go to directions ;) thats how i figured it out.

Shandeh
06-29-2007, 12:30 AM
It's held at the Western North Carolina AG Center in Fletcher, NC.
(The first time I went, I had to stop and ask for directions a couple times.)

It's a HUGE building, where they sometimes have rodeos! :shock:

It's so amazing when you go there for the fiber fair, because there is yarn on EVERY LEVEL of the arena. AMAZING!! http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif

If you guys want to take a class, you'd better sign up now.
They fill up VERY quickly!!!

We will DEFINITELY make plans to get together. :)
Maybe we can find a hotel nearby and make it a weekend event!

Misha, my husband went with me last year too. He was such a sweetie. He took photos of all the yarn while I was taking my spinning class.

Every year, I'm tempted to buy an angora rabbit. They are so fluffy and cute!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1113/655835891_5ec5f58f20.jpg

Here's another view of all the yarn vendors at SAFF:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1343/655835923_3880622f0b.jpg

PixieKnits
06-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I got my yarn for my Tomato today!!!! woohoo well i guess i had better finish up my shrug first!

munchkin10
06-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Sandy,
Thank you for the pic's of the yarn fair. The yarns looked to be awesome. I found the site an checked out the scheduled events and got directions. What better time to head to Ashville than in the beautiful fall of the year?
I will definitely check out the charity site!

Doodknitwit & PixieKnit

Thank you for the welcome's , may your knitting today go easy! Last night I had to undo 9 rows of work to correct a big mistake I had made. :knitting: That's when I knew it was time to lay the needles down and hit the sack.

Ima

Shandeh
06-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Woo Hoo! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
It looks like we are going to make SAFF a KH get-together!

I started a thread under "General Knitting", and will post all the details there!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61205

misha rf
06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I can't wait!!! :cheering::happydancing::cheering::happydancing:

My husband was in love with the alpacas. They were so cute! We were joking about getting a couple...then a coworker of mine told me how much they cost. :shock: (That's why she only has llamas.)

The bunnies were adorable! Unfortunately they'd be cat food at my house. :rofl:

Shandeh
06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Ha! :roflhard:

wewantmore
07-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Anyone have exciting plans for the 4th?

We normally do a Knights Game, but we are skipping this year. I'm just too big and hot. :ick: We normally go for Father's Day too, but missed it. :( I hate that we didn't do any of our normal traditions this year.

Michelle

Belphoebe
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
We plan on attending some of the Red, White, and Bluegrass activities in Morganton.

lissalue
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
We are probably going to have a cookout at my mom's and swim, if it is pretty. If not, then nothing. we can see the mall fireworks from our yard, so we will watch them maybe.

DS is going to the Knight's game Saturday with our church. they will stay for the fireworks afterwards too.

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Marvin is off work Tuesday and Wednesday, but we haven't planned anything yet.

misha rf
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
We haven't decided yet. Last year (our first down here) we couldn't go to the fireworks b/c of my broken foot. I didn't really feel like trying to navigate around a lot of people while on crutches. :rofling: We might go this year.

tsmith
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
What should be done with a day off - Rest and knit. I'll probably be invited to a family's home, but I plan on knitting - (I have some toy cats that have to be knitted and a llama that has to be created from an existing pattern.)

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
What should be done with a day off - Rest and knit. I'll probably be invited to a family's home, but I plan on knitting - (I have some toy cats that have to be knitted and a llama that has to be created from an existing pattern.)

What pattern are you using for the cats?
Are you able to use any of the yarn I gave you?

Sarah_NC
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm also from NC and just stumbled across this thread! just wanted to say hey - I live in RTP - right on the border line of durham and raleigh :o)

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Welcome, Sarah! :hug:

Doodknitwit
07-02-2007, 05:51 PM
welcome!! :yay:

Lady Violet
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
welcome, sarah! :waving: we're practically neighbors! :cheering: :happydancing:
i saw that you're a teacher. where do you teach?

Sarah_NC
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I commute to teach in Vance county - hopefully in a year I'll be teaching closer to home

Sarah_NC
07-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Can any one tell me the deal with bringing knitting needles on airplanes? I'm using #9 bamboo circular needles for what I'm working on now but I don't want to risk bringing them if they will be confiscated.

Lady Violet
07-03-2007, 11:35 AM
closer would definitely be good. :teehee:
when i flew to lackland for my brother's graduation from BMT :cheering::cheering: at the end of april, i took my bamboos to work on a dishcloth on the plane. i had no problems whatsoever. i know other KHers have had problems. it may depend on the airline and where you're going. of course, it could just be the individual security people, too. :think:

Sarah_NC
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
did you fly out of RDU? If so, then maybe I'll risk it...

Lady Violet
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
yep. that's the first time i've tried to take needles on a plane. i just left them in my bag and didn't say anything about them. i did the same thing on my return flight. maybe i just got lucky. :oo: :teehee:

tsmith
07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
What pattern are you using for the cats?
Are you able to use any of the yarn I gave you?
Sandy,
Here's what I made with some of the yarn you sent me.
She really liked the horse!!!
Thanks!!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/fhtommy/Knitting/CoraandHorse.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/fhtommy/Knitting/Horse4.jpg

The cat pattern is from the "World of Knitted Toys" by Kath Dalmeny. A great book - the patterns are huge!! The horse took 1 1/2 Skeins! The cat I'll be making is smaller than this one (from the same book): http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/fhtommy/Knitting/AlisaandCat.jpg

Sandy, thanks again! I'm going to try to go to the SAFF! It looks fun!!

tsmith
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
did you fly out of RDU? If so, then maybe I'll risk it...
Sarah_NC,
I flew recently to Wisconsin and they had no problems with my knitting needles. Heres a link from the RDU site about knitting needles:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1252.shtm
It wouldn't hurt to be prepared, but I would take the needles.

Sarah_NC
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
thanks for the help! Everyone is so friendly here :happydance: This is my first summer vacation as a teacher, so I'm trying to adjust to having not much to do...this has given me a new way to use my time.

lissalue
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I flew in May, but not from RDU, but i had no trouble in asheville, atlanta, or houston. and welcome.

Tommy, your work looks great. i really like the horse and cat. are those your daughters?

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 03:18 AM
I love your knitting Tommy!! :inlove:

I've never tried to knit a toy before.
Maybe I should broaden my knitting horizons. :think:

I'm so glad you could put the yarn to good use. :thumbsup:

Sarah_NC, I've never flown since I started knitting. But, if I ever do, I will take along a cheap plastic knitting needle set the same size, so I can swap them out if I need to. I'll also take an stamped envelope, so I can mail my good needles back home!

wewantmore
07-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Those toys are great.

What nice weather we had last night.

We sat outside on the deck and watched our neighbors 'duke it out' with their fireworkds. :wink: It was Great. We did our own little ones (aka LEGAL) and sparklers Joseph had a great time.

Michelle

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Marvin and I missed all the festivities.

I worked on getting stuff out of his future "cave", and he played computer games. :teehee:

(He deserved to play, because he worked HARD yesterday, removing wallpaper, and helping me move boxes and furniture.)

When the day was over, we were both exhausted and went to sleep before 11 PM. We flipped through a couple channels on TV and saw a couple fireworks. I guess we were just July 4th rebels this year. :wink:

tsmith
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I flew in May, but not from RDU, but i had no trouble in asheville, atlanta, or houston. and welcome.

Tommy, your work looks great. i really like the horse and cat. are those your daughters?
lissalue,
I am single with no kids, but I get be "Uncle Tommy" to alot of the kids in my church. I'm the Youth Pastor. On Sundays I'm usually found with the children hangin out. These are my friends kids. One of the youth got me involved in the Yarn addiction. I blame her for all of this!!

tsmith
07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Knitting toys gives me the opportunity to knit. There's not much out there that's masculine to knit and the few things that are are boring. I've learned a lot with the toys and I don't have to know the size of whoever I'm knitting for!!!
I've started "You're Putting Me On" Socks that may become something that I knit more. http://tiajudy.com/soxform.htm
Has anyone knit with bamboo yarn?

lissalue
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
lissalue,
I am single with no kids, but I get be "Uncle Tommy" to alot of the kids in my church. I'm the Youth Pastor. On Sundays I'm usually found with the children hangin out. These are my friends kids. One of the youth got me involved in the Yarn addiction. I blame her for all of this!!

It is good that you have some people to knit for. and, is it "blame" or "thank"? :teehee:

Knitting toys gives me the opportunity to knit. There's not much out there that's masculine to knit and the few things that are are boring. I've learned a lot with the toys and I don't have to know the size of whoever I'm knitting for!!!
I've started "You're Putting Me On" Socks that may become something that I knit more. http://tiajudy.com/soxform.htm
Has anyone knit with bamboo yarn?

i think i would definitely like to try toys sometime. my so keeps asking for a cat, so we'll see about that.

i really enjoy socks. hop you will find you do too.

i have not used bamboo yarn, but i have felt some. what i felt was very nice and soft.

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I haven't knit with bamboo yet, but I've heard that it behaves like linen yarn when you're knitting...no stretch at all.

misha rf
07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Tommy, the toys are adorable! My mom used to make us crochet animals. My monkey is now her dog's toy. (It periodically gets repaired b/c the dog loves it so much.)

I bought some bamboo yarn last month. Haven't decided what to do with it yet, though. It does feel nice, though. :rofling:

lestrella
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
:cheering:Hi! It's been almost 3 weeks for me so I need some time to catch up. Welcome to the new members.

I just got back last night. I had a great time in Colombia! However, coming back to the state yesterday was a nightmare. We left the house at 4:00am and didn't get home until 10:00pm last night.
When we arrived in Houston, my husband was detained for like an hour. Apparently, he was invisible. His records were not in their system. He's been in this country for like 25 years and travels all the time. He doesn't even look or speak like a Colombian. Anyway, they finally let us go. After that, we went to get our luggage and went to customs before connecting to our flight to Charlotte. That was another hour waisted there. We had a licor in our carry on that we totally forgot about it. So we had to check in our carry on or they were going to throw it away. While my husband did that, I went to get something to eat 'cause we hadn't had lunch and it was almost 3:00pm. DH was taking forever. I finally saw him and told him that our flight was lleaving in 10 minutes. I was still waiting for our food so I told him to start walking towards the gate with our son to gain some time. I was in such a rush that I forgot to get the drinks. I started runnning like crazy looking for the gate B72. I think I ran a least a mile inside airport. when I finally thought I found the gate, I had to go upstairs and take the trolly/monorail. and like if all that was not enough, the monorail went out of service.
The good news is that it was 2:50pm and not 3:50pm as I thought. I forgot that there was an hour difference and I never changed the time in my watch.:doh:We finally found our gate and had time to eat before boarding.
When we got home, we found out the our ac wasn't working. We need to do something about that today.

Anyway, I'm just glad to be home.

Tommy, I love your knitted toys. I love making toys too.

Sarah, I just came last night from South America. I didn't have any problem with my needles. I took my denise's and a set of bamboo DPNs. I even had my scissors.

tsmith
07-06-2007, 12:50 PM
lissalue - It's really "thank", but I'm a guy and I can't show that much of my feelings. People would think I was prissy. HAHA
The sock (First one) is a little bigger than my foot but that's what the first ones supposed to be. I'll probably get some bamboo this weekend and try it on the next sock.

misharf - My mom made a crochet bear for me when I was small. She said I would drag him around by his necktie. I found him in a box recently (poor thing I found his ear in the bottom). Those are good memories.

lestrella - What kind of toys have you made?

Belphoebe
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Lestrella, I feel your pain about flying. The last time I flew with my dd, we had a layover at O'hare. The connecting flight was listed at one gate, but when I got there it wasn't the right one according to the attendant. She kindly told me where the right gate was, which was ALL the way across the concourse. I was carrying my purse, diaper bag, car seat, and by that time Emma and our lunch. I had only a few minutes and somehow made it.

Lady Violet
07-06-2007, 01:16 PM
lissalue - It's really "thank", but I'm a guy and I can't show that much of my feelings. People would think I was prissy. HAHA

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Welcome back, Lestrella!! :muah:

Tell us all about your travels!

lissalue
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Tommy, we wouldn't want them to think that, now would we. :teehee:

Lestrella, I am so glad you are home!! I missed you! :muah:

wewantmore
07-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Sandy thanks for the call yesterday. Sorry I missed it. I have been feeling 'weird' and had laid down to take a nap.

I have finished two baby hats, one blue one purple. I did finish a dishcloth too, but it came out like a bad rectangle. I've started a new one. I also finished my MIL's scarf. Yes a scarf in July. :teehee:

We are on baby watch 2007 :thud: I washed all the baby clothes I have and man are they tiny. I can't believe we are gonna have another little one here in less than 2 weeks. :noway:

Michelle

Doodknitwit
07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
congrats on the newest babe!!!! exciting isn't it

Shandeh
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm...feeling "weird". I think the baby might be ready to come into the world! :cheering:
Keep us posted, Michelle! :muah:

wewantmore
07-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Nothing new to report. Just hanging around. Knitting. Trying my hand at another dishcloth.

lestrella
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Thank you all for the welcome and lissalue thank you for missing me :hug:.

It's kind of hard to be back after a long vacation. We are not motivated to do anything around the house. We just want to be on vacation for the whole summer.

This week I've been focusing on getting a puppy to my son. He's been begging for one for the longest time and I really think he deserves it. Yesterday, I found an add of a lab retriever and I contacted the person right away. She emailed me back and send me pictures. He is adorable!!! But she said that she was waiting for someone that was interested in the puppy to get back to her. I'm going to contact her again today hoping that the person never called her last night so we can have the puppy. Wish me luck. I mean, if you haven't her from them is because they are no interested anymore, right?

Tommy, I like to make dolls and stuffed animals. If you click on my flickr photos link next to my signature, you can see some of the things I've made.

Sandy, I called you on Sunday but never heard back from you. How's your craft room going?

wewantmore, all the best with your delivery!:heart:

:muah:

tsmith
07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
lestrella,
What beautiful work you've done. Looks like single crochet. Beautiful!!! The Susanita doll is so well done. Thanks for letting me see that. I got into knitting toys after trying the single crochet toys. I think it's easier to be creative with single crochet (mine could never be as good as yours). Thanks, again!!!

lestrella
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks Tommy! Yeah, they are in crochet as I just started knitting recently. I made a little monster before I went on vacation but I haven't had the chance to take a picture of it. Your toys are as great or even better so you should feel very proud.

I have a list of so many other toys I want to make but I haven't been knitting much lately because my joints are in a lot of pain lately.

BTW, we are getting the puppy. The lady emailed me back saying that he was ours. We are so excited!! He won't be ready to come with us until the end of this month. We are so anxious to get him.
Right after I found out that the puppy was going to be ours, I got another response from another person I had contacted about a golden retriever. Gosh, those puppies are so cute. I wish I would've known about them earlier. I don't want to cancel on the other lady because it won't be too ethical. But anyway, if there is anyone here or that you know that is interested in a golden retriever (7 weeks old) let me know. They are located in Salisbury, NC. They are just adorable!! I wish I can afford them too.

Shandeh
07-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Congrats on the puppy, Lestrella! :hug:

Yesterday, I received confirmation from SAFF (http://www.saffsite.org/) that I am registered for the class I signed up for. Yippee!! :happydance: Last year, I waited too late, and missed out on one of the classes I wanted. I'm trying to be smart this year, and get signed up early. I'm thinking of sending in registration for another class this week.

The class I'm taking is called "The Oops Workshop". It's only $15, and I think I'll learn a lot. I'm taking the one in the morning, so I'll be free to shop in the afternoon after lunch.

Here are the details:

The "Oops" Workshop / Margaret Heathman
Duration: 1.5 hours, Sat. 9:30 -11a & 4p-5:30p
Class Fee: $15.00
Materials Fee: None
Level: Students should be able to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off without assistance. Youth 15 yrs. and older.
Participants Should Bring: Smooth, light-colored worsted weight yarn and appropriately sized needle (7, 8 or 9); scissors, a G, H, or J crochet hook; a tapestry needle; pen/paper/notebook for taking notes.

Come and make mistakes on purpose and learn to correct them. We will be working with swatches as we tink, frog and ladder stitches into their correct positions. A fun class that keeps your knitting flowing! You will leave the class with more confidence in your knitting ability because you can fix your mistakes!
Homework prior to class: (1) Cast on 10 sts; (2) Knit 4 rows; (3) Work in stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl one row) until entire piece measures 4" from the beginning;
(4) Do not bind off. Bring your swatch to class with your needles and yarn.

wewantmore
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Sandy that is great that you got into the class. I'm not signing up for any as I'm still not sure if I can make it.

Dishcloth number 2 is done. Not really square but that's b/c I ran outta yarn and well just didn't want to buy a new one for the 6ish rows it needs.

Not sure what to knit next. I have NOTHING on my needles. (I did frog that stupid hat that gave me such a hard time.) I'm not attempting it again in the near future either.

Baby and I are still hanging out. I noticed I have the date wrong in my siggy. :?? It's only by a day, but still......... at this point a day is like F O R E V E R. :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Not sure what to knit next. I have NOTHING on my needles. Baby and I are still hanging out. I noticed I have the date wrong in my siggy. :?? It's only by a day, but still......... at this point a day is like F O R E V E R. :roflhard:
Bless your heart, Michelle. I hope the little one gets here FAST!
(I need to know if it's a girl or a boy, so I can make something for it to wear!)

Did you need to get together again, so I can help you choose a new knitting project? :teehee:

wewantmore
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
I would love another get together. I did start another dish cloth. They seem easy enough. :thinking: Maybe third times a charm to get it 'right'.

I want to try some socks as my Swap Pal and Sandy gave me some awesome sock yarn. :woot:

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, I've been thinking it would be cool to get together with the Charlotte KHers again. It wouldn't be a long drive, and we could meet in an air-conditioned place, like a library or something.

I'm available tomorrow (Saturday, July 14th) or next Saturday (July 21st). I can't do the 28th, because I'm playing for a wedding that day.

Any takers?

lissalue
07-13-2007, 01:09 PM
I am available on the 21st, but not tomorrow. :cheering:

tsmith
07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I would like to get together with you on the 21st. Can I come too?
I have only been in one knitting circle and I would love to meet you.

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Anyone can come, but it will be taking place in Charlotte this time. Gas is so expensive, and it's so HOT outside!

I just checked online, and the Charlotte libraries all require payment to reserve their meeting rooms. I don't really feel like paying this time. How about if we meet at a mall, where we can sit and knit or mill around if we want?

How about Concord Mills? We could meet in the eating area there.

tsmith
07-13-2007, 01:26 PM
That would be fine with me. 35 minutes from my house. Sweet!

lissalue
07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I will have to check about someone to keep my kids, and i just realized that i may not have money for gas to drive that far 2 weeks in a row. i will have to get back to you.

wewantmore
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I might be able to pull it off for the 21st. Though not sure how much knitting I'll get done. Harry Potter comes out that day and I'm sure I'll have my nose in the book. :teehee:

Doodknitwit
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
what day??? tomorrow?:X:

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I might be able to pull it off for the 21st. Though not sure how much knitting I'll get done. Harry Potter comes out that day and I'm sure I'll have my nose in the book. :teehee:
OMG!!! You're right Michelle!!!
I can't meet AT ALL that day! :shock:

I guess we'll have to wait until August. :-?

Virtuous36
07-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Let me know when y'all confirm a date and time in August and I will try to make it out at Conord Mills to finally meet everyone!

Shandeh
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Sure thing! :hug:

Belphoebe
07-15-2007, 01:50 AM
You really expect to knit at Concord Mills mall? :roflhard: Sorry, couldn't help myself..... :happydancing:

Shandeh
07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
You really expect to knit at Concord Mills mall? :roflhard: Sorry, couldn't help myself..... :happydancing:
Definitely!!! I'll have no problem at all.
My knee hurts too bad to walk all the way around that place! :help:

Doodknitwit
07-15-2007, 09:18 AM
its a mile or 2 around...

tsmith
07-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Let me know when we can get together to meet and knit. I've just got to meet this group. You have been very nice to me!

Belphoebe
07-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Definitely!!! I'll have no problem at all.
My knee hurts too bad to walk all the way around that place! :help:

Sorry about the sore knee! :hug:

I'm just too ADD to sit still for long with a whole mall around me. :angelgrin:

tmsl
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
If you wait until August for the knit together, I can suggest a new yarn store in Hickory as the meeting place if you don't mind the drive.....:thumbsup:

Laura

Shandeh
07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Talk about great minds, Laura!!
I was just gonna post to see if your shop was open yet! :thumbsup:

wewantmore
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh I like that idea. :woot:

Belphoebe
07-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Woo Hoo! Hickory, Hickory! :happydance:

Shandeh
07-17-2007, 05:29 AM
OK tmsl....if we're gonna meet at your place, you're gonna have to set it up, and tell us what to do. I've never been to Hickory in my life!

What date? What time? How do we get there?

Is there a place at your shop where we can sit together and knit?

If I need to do anything, let me know.

tmsl
07-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Best directions are from Hwy 321 (which you can use to come up from Charlotte or get off I40 at exit 123 take the North exit)

From 321 turn East(right if you are going North on 321) onto 2nd Avenue. 2nd will take you through town and you will turn left at HWY127. There is a stoplight and it is a 4 lane road you are turnign onto. Stay on HWY 127 for about 2 miles, we are in a strip mall with Subway and Udderly Delicious Ice Cream.

We do have seating, that was one of the main things I wanted for our store. We are trying to get open Aug. 1, but we may want to schedule this in late Aug. (25th?) so I can have kinks worked out.

Let me know!!!

Laura

Belphoebe
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
The 25th works for me as far as I know. :happydance:

Doodknitwit
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
the 25th!! Shandeh do not hurt yourself...so you can enjoy!! :waving:

Shandeh
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, doggone it. I can't do it that day. :pout:

I'm playing organ for a wedding on August 25th.

But, you guys can go ahead without me.:wink:

misha rf
07-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't go on the 25th either. :pout:

We're going to the race at Bristol!! :happydance:

Shandeh
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I've heard that Bristol is a good place to watch.

Belphoebe
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Is the 11th possible? :shrug:

Doodknitwit
07-18-2007, 09:56 AM
I think Laura wants us to wait till kinks are worked out...........

misha rf
07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I've heard that Bristol is a good place to watch.

So I've heard! This will be my first NASCAR race ever! I'm really excited!!! :cheering:

wewantmore
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
OMG, you are going to have a BLAST. I love watching the drunks. :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Well I'm scheduled for an induction on the 24th. (can we say, yay Gordon?) LOL.

Sandy lets try to get together either Friday or sometime this weekend. Not sure how much 'time' I'll have to knit, but coffee would be great.

Michelle

Shandeh
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
misha, you are gonna LOVE IT when all the cars pull into pit road at the same time. I think I actually had an out of body experience when I saw it the first time. :shock: Watching all those fast moving mechanics furiously working at the same time is absolutely AMAZING!!! (careful, or a bug will fly into your mouth!)

Michelle, you and I MUST go see a race together sometime. That would be so cool! :) (Did I ever tell you that I used to teach piano to a few NASCAR kids? Ricky Rudd's son, Ricky Craven's daughter, and Jeff Burton's daughter.)

Michelle, I sent you a PM, because I thought that you and lissalue were already talking about us getting together this Friday. Anyway, long story short: I'm meeting Doodknitwit Friday morning for coffee, then planning on seeing lissalue in the afternoon somewhere. Maybe I'll have time to see all 3 of you on the same day!

wewantmore
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
:roflhard: I didn't realize you guys were trying for a meet up on Friday.

Sandy I replied to your email. Not sure if I will drive to Gastonia to drop off the needles. I can't stay and knit/chat b/c I'll have the kids with me. Well unless it's later in the day and Steven is already home. :teehee:

Shandeh
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
As it turns out, I won't be able to meet with ANYONE! :pout:

My stupid back is hurting very badly, so I'll be stuck at home.

wewantmore
07-19-2007, 03:58 PM
:pout:

Please rest up. We can meet another time.

lestrella
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
:pout: oh, sandy. I told you to take it easy. Take a hot bubble bath and rest as much as you can. I'll see you next week!:muah:

Hey tommy, I saw you are a member of meetup as well. Have you been to any of their meetings? I haven't. There's always a conflict with my schedule.

Tomorrow afternoon we are going to meet "Speedy", our new lab retriever. We are really excited!! I'll post pictures.

BTW, I'm enclosing a few nature pictures from my trip to Colombia. My son didn't want to come back. He had a great time!

Shandeh
07-19-2007, 11:47 PM
:pout:
Please rest up. We can meet another time.
I'll do my best. I'll try real hard to get better. :(

:pout: oh, sandy. I told you to take it easy. Take a hot bubble bath and rest as much as you can.

Tomorrow afternoon we are going to meet "Speedy", our new lab retriever. We are really excited!! I'll post pictures.

BTW, I'm enclosing a few nature pictures from my trip to Colombia. My son didn't want to come back. He had a great time!

I actually hurt my back while I WAS taking it easy. (I fell in the shower.) I'm SO excited about your new puppy! And the photos of your trip look gorgeous! :heart:

lissalue
07-20-2007, 12:27 AM
don't try too hard, we wouldn't want you to pull a muscle or something. :roflhard:

ok, not that funny, but it is late, and i am silly. :teehee:

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
You're allowed to be silly! :hug:

PaperGirl
07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
HELP!

My sister is in NC this weekend, and wants to fina a nice yarn shop to pick me up something to thank me for keeping her kids. :heart:

Is there one in or around Concord, or Charlotte?

And is there one that sells Mmmmmmmalabrigo? Cause Ill tell her thats what I want. :roflhard:

But really, any suggestions? :muah:

wewantmore
07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
There's one called Charlotte Yarn. http://www.charlotteyarn.com/

That's the only one I've been to. Well that's not true, but I won't recommend the other one. Not sure if they carry MMMMMMMMMM.

Michelle

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I think Charlotte Yarn has Malabrigo, but I KNOW Cottage Yarn (http://www.cottageyarninc.com/) has it! :thumbsup:

wewantmore
07-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Sandy for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of your cousins store. :oops:

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
That's okay.
I'll give you 40 lashes with a yarn whip when I see you again. :teehee:

Doodknitwit
07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Cottage Yarn has mmmmmmmmmmMalabrigia and alot of new lines from the trade show in already.. Sirdar Baby Bamboo for one..... soft

Doodknitwit
07-20-2007, 09:44 PM
LAURA......are you open :psst: Labor Day???? that may be a good time for a road trip :poke:

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I agree. If we move our get-together to September, I'll be able to come!

knitting4babybear
07-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I missed you too, Estrella. ;)

HI PEOPLE!!!

Three more days and I'm free, free, free! :)

I'll start making my rounds of base touching soon....

Hope everyone is well.

Shandeh
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
TOUCH ME!!! TOUCH ME!!!
:teehee:

sheilaksp
07-21-2007, 07:30 PM
How is everyone doing. I have been under the weather for a long while. What has been going on? Did anyone ever get a get together set up? I don't know if I will be able to attend the fiber fair dh has a big paper due for his master and I am the proof reader and corrector! Hope everyone is doing okay.

lestrella
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi!!

sheilaksp, welcome back!

babybear, thank you for missing me. I'm glad to hear back from you and that you will be free soon so we can get together.

sandy, I'm sorry you couldn't go to your Harry Potter party. I ended up going for a little while. We had fun!

Today we went to Myrtle beach. That was the longest trip ever. Sandy, I couldn't remember the name of the beach you told me. You were right about Myrtle beach...It was packed!! but My son had a great time. I need to find a beach closer to charlotte. Myrtle beach is way too far.

Yesterday we went to meet our puppy. He is so cute! He is "red fox color" and he has blue eyes. Will his eye color change as he grows up?

I won't be able to make it to a get together on labor day weekend. I'll have visitors from out of town.

Shandeh
07-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Lestrella,

I don't know of a closer beach. They all take over 3 hours to get to from Charlotte. The quiet beach I recommended to you before is Holden Beach (http://www.holden-beach.com/).

If you want to live closer to the beach, it looks like you're gonna have to move, my friend.

Here's a little map I made of the beaches I've been to on the Carolina coast. They are all about the same distance from Charlotte.

auburnchick
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I posted this question in the General forum, so please forgive the repeat (should have just posted it here)...

Anyhow, do y'all know of any good yarn stores in Winston/Salem NC? I'll be traveling there with my family this week and like to mix pleasure with pleasure. ;)

Thanks in advance! :muah:

Doodknitwit
07-22-2007, 03:45 PM
have put a query out to my friends who knit & shop there :)

PixieKnits
07-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I know of at least 2 shops in Winston/Salem! I asked my hubbys Aunt Veda :D we go there every couple of months.

tsmith
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
lestrella,
I went to one. It was on the South side of Charlotte - long drive for me, but it was the only yarn circle I've been in. I really enjoyed it. I meet a great lady named Catherine who introduced me recently to a place called Rave Knits in Concord (30mins fromt the house). They have a lot of yarn. I will be using them as my supplier for this addiction.
I still want to meet with some of you.

Sandy,
I just got confirmation for the SAFF - The "Oops" Workshop morning session. I think you had said you were going to that one. I look forward to meeting you there and anyone else that is going. Can we get together and do lunch that day, as a group?

lissalue
07-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I feel sure we will probably all do lunch together that day. I could be wrong, but it sounds like a very good idea to me. I have decided since it will be my first fiber fair, not to take any classes, just to wander and sit and knit, enjoy the scenery, all that.

Shandeh
07-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Tommy, I'm not sure we will all be able to have lunch together. There are some fast food restaurants nearby, but I'll be more interested in looking at yarn at the fair! :teehee: I'm taking another class in the afternoon, so I'll be rushed during lunchtime. (plus I'm not a fast walker, because of my bad knee.) I've been thinking of just taking a bag lunch that day. :thumbsup:

Melissa, that's EXACTLY what I did my first year. I just wandered around, and only had 30 dollars in my pocket. I was amazed at all the displays and yarn vendors and spinning wheels and fiber and sheep, llama, alpaca, and angora rabbits. It is such a COOL PLACE!
:inlove:

Last year, I took more money with me, so I could buy more! :wink:

lissalue
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Melissa, that's EXACTLY what I did my first year. I just wandered around, and only had 30 dollars in my pocket. I was amazed at all the displays and yarn vendors and spinning wheels and fiber and sheep, llama, alpaca, and angora rabbits. It is such a COOL PLACE!

Last year, I took more money with me, so I could buy more! :wink:

i think i will take more than $30 but, it is nice to see we are still twins. :teehee:

lestrella
07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks Sandy for the beach info. I'll keep those in mind next time I go to the beach. BTW, you did a great job with the map. hey, are you willin to meet friday morning?

tommy, I've been meaning to go to their meetings but Friday night doesn't seem to work for me.

I really would love to go to the Fiber Fair. If my dh is in town at the time, I would convince him to drive me there ( I only drive local; no expressways for me). Hopefully, he won't have a business trip that weekend.

lakeout
07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I live in Sherrills Ford ..., just joined & was browsing ... let me get this right, a YARN shop, in HICKORY? oh yes....

sheilaksp
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome, Where is Sherrills Ford at in NC? I am not familiar with that location. I am in Fayetteville, still too far to go to Hickory!

Shandeh
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
i think i will take more than $30 but, it is nice to see we are still twins. :teehee:

Wonder Twins - ACTIVATE! :roflhard:

Thanks Sandy for the beach info. I'll keep those in mind next time I go to the beach. BTW, you did a great job with the map. hey, are you willin to meet friday morning?
You're welcome for the map, and Thanks for the compliment! :)

I'm not sure if I can meet Friday morning, because I have to play organ for a wedding rehearsal that night. I'll probably be sleeping late to get my energy up. :sleepy:

I think that next week might work better for me.

lakeout
07-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi Sheila --

Sherrills Ford is Southeast of Hickory, Northwest of Charlotte. Lake Norman area, between Mooresville & Denver. In other words, I'm out in the country. NASCAR country.

You're closer to the beach, we're closer to the mountains.

Any other knitters up this way? I've been knitting for years, but always looking to improve my skills & learn new techniques

LADYDINC
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
HI EVERYONE: DIANNE HERE FROM CLEMMONS, NC. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A KNIT SWAP OR KNIT ALONG FOR THE NC KNIT GANG? I WOULD LOVE FOR SOMEONE TO HEAD IT UP? I THINK IT WOULD LOADS OF FUN TO HAVE A NEW ONE GOING ON. I DO KNIT NITE ON WED. EVENING AT KNIT PICKY IN WINSTON SALEM AND WOW WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF LADIES. WE HAVE A BALL. IF ANY OF YOU ARE AROUND COME ON OUT AND JOIN US. LOT'S OF NEW THING GOING ON ALL THE TIME.:woohoo:

Doodknitwit
07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Lakeout yes a yarn shop in Hickory....
Laura can you give her directions????

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 02:03 AM
WHY DON'T WE HAVE A KNIT SWAP OR KNIT ALONG FOR THE NC KNIT GANG?

I did have an idea the other day that you all might be interested in.

As you know, I'm the one that started the Oddball Blankets in the forum.

I was thinking that it would be cool if we could each make an Oddball Lap Afghan for ourselves. We could each cast on 200 stitches of washable worsted weight yarn, and knit for 3 inches, then pass the blanket to another person. The blankets would be passed from house to house, and eventually return to the ones that started them. Then, we would each keep the blanket we started for ourselves.

The only problem with this is that we would each be knitting a LOT. But, the cool thing is that we would have stitches on it that were knit by our North Carolina friends.
:)

We would need 16 of us to make them "lap afghan" size.

Doodknitwit
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
sweet!!!!

Belphoebe
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Sheila --

Sherrills Ford is Southeast of Hickory, Northwest of Charlotte. Lake Norman area, between Mooresville & Denver. In other words, I'm out in the country. NASCAR country.

You're closer to the beach, we're closer to the mountains.

Any other knitters up this way? I've been knitting for years, but always looking to improve my skills & learn new techniques

Lakeout...I live in Morganton. Boy was I excited that there would be a shop in Hickory too! Can't wait until it is open! :woot:

clsimmons
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Is there any one here?????? I was stuck on a pattern and called all around this place: Craftsman guild, Art Gallery, etc.. trying to find someone. I found a forum here on 1st sweater KAL and Artlady really helped me out. What would I have done without her??? My library is pretty 'thin' in the knitting category.
I was told there use to be a LYS in the Edenton area but has moved to Plymouth, NC
So, does anyone know of anyone around here? Even the community college doesn't have classes anymore.
But, I'm having fun anyway!!!
:X:Catherine

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 01:05 PM
If anyone is interested in doing the North Carolina Oddball Blankets, just send me a PM. I'll keep a list of names and addresses, and we can either pass over our blanket to another NC knitter, or mail it if we live too far apart.

When we have get-togethers, we can bring our blankets and work on them together. :)

wewantmore
07-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't read or 'caught up' just yet.

Wanted to let ya'll know that I had a baby girl on Thursay the 24th. Samantha Elisabeth was born at 12:43pm weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and is 19" long.

We are doing great and home now.

Sandy sorry I never called you. Everytime I had a chance it was early morning and I know you are a night owl and didn't want to wake you.

I'll post pictures once I get them all uploaded.

Michelle

LADYDINC
07-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Shandeh: Count me in on the odd ball blanket.
Dianne Maxcy, ladyidnc@triad.rr.com Can't wait.

PixieKnits
07-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Happy Birthday Samantha! My cousin had her little boy at 12:32am on the 24th! :)

Doodknitwit
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
:waving: are you keeping your avatar :woohoo:

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
..........I had a baby girl on Thursay the 24th.

Samantha Elisabeth was born at 12:43pm
weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and is 19" long.

I'll post pictures once I get them all uploaded.

Congratulations!
:star: :sun: :cheering: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :cheering::sun: :star:
Welcome to the world,
sweet little Samantha Elisabeth!!!
:)

Doodknitwit
07-26-2007, 09:04 PM
has anyone been here???:psst:

misha rf
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM

Wanted to let ya'll know that I had a baby girl on Thursay the 24th. Samantha Elisabeth was born at 12:43pm weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and is 19" long.

CONGRATS!!!! :woohoo::happydance::cheering::woot::balloons:

Can't wait for the pics!!

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Woo Hoo!

We now have 4 knitters signed up to make Oddball Lapghans for ourselves. We need more of you to join!

Here are the ones participating so far:

Shandeh
misha rf
LADYDINC
Doodknitwit

Here's my idea:
We would each start our own lapghan, casting on 150 or 200 stitches, using worsted weight yarn, then knit the design of our choice for 4 inches.

You could specify if you want your blanket to be washable, or 100% wool, or whatever. You could also choose a set of colors you would like for your lapghan. You could even ask that we all continue knitting in the stitch pattern of your choice. (I would think it should be a basic design, so that no one is intimidated.)

We would need to include a memo with our blanket, stating our preferences.

Any other ideas?

lestrella
07-27-2007, 08:44 AM

...... I had a baby girl on Thursay the 24th. Samantha Elisabeth was born at 12:43pm weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and is 19" long.

Michelle

:balloons:Congrats!:balloons:
:woohoo::happydance::yay::cheering::woot: :):blooby::clink::present:

I'm glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. I can't wait to meet you both!

:muah:

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
lissalue just signed up to join the NC Lapghan KAL, so now we have 5 knitters. :)

Shandeh
misha rf
LADYDINC
Doodknitwit
lissalue

Let's wait a week, and then we can start working on our lapghans. If no one else signs up, we'll just each knit for 8 inches. That would make each of the lapghans 40 inches long. Would that be long enough for everyone?

Belphoebe
07-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Congratulations! I love babies! :woot: Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

LADYDINC
07-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a plan. Just let me know when to start. I like the idea of keeping to the basics. As far as colors go for me I want a any colors. I love the Noro yarns the way the colors go so many different ways so Lots of different colors and yarns are just fine for me. I think that is what makes it so unique.

Shandeh
07-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Oooo!!! A Noro lap afghan would be gorgeous, wouldn't it?

I think I want mine made with Debbie Bliss Pure Silk! cloud9
(Just joking!) :roflhard:

I just set up a different thread for our lapghan, here in the same "Knitters Knear You" thread.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=918777#post918777

lestrella
07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Introducing the newest member of our family, Speedy. He is a 6 weeks old Lab retriever and he is a sweetheart! He is keeping me busy. He woke me up 4 times last night. Not too bad for a puppy, right?

Isn't he adorable?

:hug::hug:

wewantmore
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG he is so adorable.

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
That's a sweet puppy. :)

Doodknitwit
07-29-2007, 08:20 PM
oh my gawd such a sweet face Lestrella.. he looks sad.

wewantmore
07-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Picture time

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
AWWWWWW!!!! :aww: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Michelle!!!! You did GOOD!!!! :thumbsup:

What an ANGEL BABY!!! :hug:

lestrella
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
OMG! She is so precious!! God Bless you both!:heart::muah:

wewantmore
07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
cloud9
Thanks Guys, I think she's a keeper. :heart:

Doodknitwit
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
you look wonderful!! she is an angel!!

lissalue
07-30-2007, 05:20 PM
She is gorgeous! :inlove:

Congratulations. I hope everything is going well, and that you are getting as much sleep as can be expected. :teehee:

tmsl
08-03-2007, 01:16 PM
We are open!:happydance:

Tuesday-Friday 10:30-6
Saturday 10-4
Sunday & Monday -Closed

Come see me!!!!!

Laura