PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Knitters

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

katiebug081504
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey guys. I haven't been on here in awhile! Such a cute baby! I was wondering if any of you know a yarn store that carries Reynolds Signature, or maybe a website that sells it?

lestrella
08-03-2007, 04:01 PM
:woohoo:So, where exactly is the store located?

katiebug, maybe laura carries Reynolds signature and you can order it from her.

I haven't had a chance to knit this whole week. Can you believe that? I guess I can be knitting now instead of being here but I'm just too tired right now. When my husband is out of town I don't get a break. And now with the puppy...he definetely keeps me busy. He is doing great though.

BTW, I updated my flickr photos with FOs from April and May. Check it out!!!

I can't believe school starts in 3 weeks. :woohoo: It's time for the knitting club!

I'm excited but nervous at the same time. During open house I'm going to have a display table in the school lobby. I need some ideas. I was thinking about putting a basket with different kinds of yarns for the kids to feel it. Also, displaying some of my finish projects and bring in some books and patterns. Help me out please! I've never done this before and I want to shine. I want the principal to be pleased and excited about it.

xoxoxo

Shandeh
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Neato!!
Laura's yarn store is open! :cheering:

and Lestrella is starting to teach kids to knit! :happydance:

Laura, tell us the name and address of your shop again, and let us know if there is a website.

Lestrella, did you decide what to do about knitting needles for the kids? Maybe it would be a good idea to let them purchase their own at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think if they make an investment in the craft, they'll be more inclined to stick with it. :)

Or, you could teach them how to make their own with that wooden dowel tutorial I've seen online.

misha rf
08-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Lestrella, that puppy is so adorable!!! Will he keep the blue eyes??

Wewantmore, your daughter is beautiful!!

And Laura, I'm starting to feel the urge for a road trip!! :happydance:

tmsl
08-04-2007, 10:06 AM
The store is called "A Strand of Purls" .

Directions from Hwy 321:
Turn onto 2nd Avenue (beside Mc Donalds-right turn if going North, left turn if going South)

2nd will become a one-way street, stay on this until you come to intersection at HWY 127(main 4 lane road) turn left.

We are down 127 about 2 miles on the left beside Udderly Delicious Ice Cream.

Please tell me who you are so I can put names/faces together!!!

Laura

tmsl
08-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh, I don't have Renyolds Signature but I do have the new Renyolds kids collection. I will look into the Signature, what colors were you needing??

Belphoebe
08-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Beautiful baby girl! :woot:

Adorable puppy! :woot:

And a new knitting stor opening nearby! :woot::woot::woot:

Holy cow! What an exciting time we live in right now! :woohoo:You guys are the best!

lestrella
08-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Lestrella, that puppy is so adorable!!! Will he keep the blue eyes??

Thank you! I hope he keeps his blue eyes! He is so cute!

lestrella
08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Neato!!
Lestrella, did you decide what to do about knitting needles for the kids? Maybe it would be a good idea to let them purchase their own at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think if they make an investment in the craft, they'll be more inclined to stick with it. :)

Or, you could teach them how to make their own with that wooden dowel tutorial I've seen online.

We were thinking about buying them all together and maybe that way we can get some kind of discount. However, I just got some wooden dowels, I'm going try to make my own needles and then teach them how to do it.
We can probably make our stitch markers as well. I just learned how to do them with Artlady's tutorial. I made 4 so far. I just need to keep practicing the "neck" wrapping. It's kind of hard when you don't have the right tools or the money to invest on them.

So, when can we see each other? Would you come over and visit? I just don't want to leave the puppy alone for too long and my husband is out of town.

:hug:

Shandeh
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
So, when can we see each other? Would you come over and visit? I just don't want to leave the puppy alone for too long and my husband is out of town. :hug:

I spoke about getting together in another part of the forum, but can't remember where it was.

Anyway, I can't come to your house, because I'm allergic to dogs! :pout: We can do a quick cup of coffee if you want! :hug:

tsmith
08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
However, I just got some wooden dowels, I'm going try to make my own needles and then teach them how to do it.
I made some and gave them to some children at my church. I just used one this weekend to teach a real crafty kid how to bind off. I found that making the points was easiest using a band sander or even a pencil sharpener. It will take some time to create a good needle. I got hand cramps making eight of them. You will need to use some fine grit sandpaper (400 grit is best) to polish them to a smooth workable surface. I'm not sure if young kids would have the patience to make their own. it took me about 45 minutes to make two good needles. Worth the experience not so sure about the loss of time - I'd rather be knitting. Hope this helps.:shrug:

lestrella
08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the tip tommy. I know exactly what you mean. I tried making one yesterday and I didn't like sanding it out. I will probably do them myself just for the heck of it. Now that hobby lobby has 50% off on all knitting supplies, I think I will just buy their needles. It would save me a lot of time. I still need to check with the school first. I want to make sure that I will get reimburse later as I don't really have the money.

Sandy if you are free on Friday, we can meet at the starbucks near hobby lobby.

BTW, here is a picture of my first stitch marker. Next time, I need to keep in mind the "neck coil" and make it a little longer so the beads don't interfere with my knitting.

Has anyone heard from babybear?

Shandeh
08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I like the stitch marker!

If you're looking for input on handmade stitch markers, here is my opinion.

I prefer for my stitch markers to have a solid ring at the top, with no break. Because, the break in the ring catches on my nice yarns. Also, I don't really like a lot of extras on them, because, they interfere with my knitting.

(I rarely use stitch markers anyway, and when I do, I tend to just use cheap plastic rings.)

I bet you're having fun making them!

wewantmore
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Hope everyone is staying cool in this HOT HOT HOT weather.

tmsl
08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
:hot::hot::hot:Does that say enough????

Laura

Shandeh
08-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah.....I prefer the weather when the temperature is in the double digits. :???:

I'm ready for Fall.
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/blatt12.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/acornleaves.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/blatt13.gif

Belphoebe
08-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm looking even more in the future. I want snow this winter. I'm originally from Iowa and I feel cheated! I swear, McDowell and Burke counties are in some sort of snow void! We got just a dusting the past two years and I want more! Come on snow!!!!!!

(Plus I'd really like a chance to wear my nordic wool sweaters again. I miss seeing them on rather than in my sweater box. :eyes:)

Shandeh
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, the snow is stingy here in Charlotte too. But, some years we get several feet! It never stays though. It melts away pretty quickly. We just get stuck with lots of ice, and no trucks to scrape it off, so the roads get really bad. If it snows here, we just all stay home.

Well....unless we run a business or something. :shrug:
(but I think THEY should stay home too.) :teehee:

Here's a video I made of the little bit of snow we got in Charlotte last winter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNduMQa3qs
(did you hear my camera hit the window?) :roflhard:

Here's another one I made out the side window.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09kL578WE6I

Belphoebe
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Ooooooo! Snow videos! I like, I like! Maybe I'll get some more, make them into some sort of looping video, and pretend it is snowing. Course I'd have to turn the AC on full to get the ambiance. cloud9 Ahh, dreaming is fun.

tmsl
08-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm with you on the snow!!!! I love it and we never get enough anymore. To sit at home with the logs glowing, drinking hot chocolate and knitting while the flakes pile up outside.

Ah, to dream.....

wewantmore
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Coming from Florida, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of snow we've had in years past.

Doodknitwit
08-10-2007, 03:33 PM
It was fun putting a face with a name... I was able to meet them on their stop at Hobby Lobby.. Great ladies and Wewantmore's kids are so well behaved and too cute for words. Can't wait to do it again when it isn't 104!!!! Love Lestrerlla's accent :psst::blooby::blooby::blooby::blooby:

Shandeh
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, we had fun together. It was a "spur-of-the-moment" get together for some of us in the Charlotte area.

Lestrella and I met for coffee at Starbucks this morning, then wewantmore called to say she could meet us at Hobby Lobby. Then Doodknitwit called as well. We wandered around Hobby Lobby for a while, causing some frustration for a couple of us that got lost. (That place is HUGE!)

We also had time to grab a bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A, while Doodknitwit left us to go to Cottage Yarn. The day went WAY too fast, but it was fun. And Doodknitwit was right....the heat was SCORCHING today!
:sun:

Lady Violet
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
that's it. i'm moving to charlotte.

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Doodknitwit
08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
come on down!!! :blooby: room for more who :heart: :X:
:roflhard:

lestrella
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I had a great time today!!! I got to meet dooknitwit and wewantmore for the first time...very nice ladies and wewantmore kids are just too adorable.

Sandy, thank you so much for taking your time to meet with me for coffee. I really needed the break. We have to do it again.

:hug::hug::hug:

lissalue
08-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I am so glad that you all had such a great time. Wish I could have made it. Maybe next time.

lestrella
08-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Melissa, I was hoping to see you and babybear today. Oh well, maybe next time. I hope everything is going well with you and the family. Take care.

Shandeh
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I never heard from babybear. :verysad:

But, the good thing is that we were able to see wewantmore's little baby girl!
cloud9

wewantmore
08-10-2007, 10:52 PM
You guys are way too kind.

Luckly you (well Sandy did) didn't see the 'meltdown' Joseph had at Hancock Fabrics. :oops: But he did have a tummyache and just wanted to be held, but I was nursing Samantha and couldn't do it. :pout:

Anyway it was great to meet you two too. Sandy thanks for hanging with us at Chick fil a and for the coupons.

Michelle

Shandeh
08-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Luckily you (well Sandy did) didn't see the 'meltdown' Joseph had at Hancock Fabrics. :oops: But he did have a tummyache and just wanted to be held, but I was nursing Samantha and couldn't do it. :pout:

I felt so sorry for him! :pout: He was a trooper the rest of the day, though. And that was a LONG time to be away from home. He was so friendly to me at Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A. I think he's very mature for his age.

And your daughter is so sweet and fun.

You're a lucky mom. :heart:

wewantmore
08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Sandy.

When we got into the car he finally did what he needed to do (poop) then fell fast asleep.

Thanks again for a great time.

Michelle

Doodknitwit
08-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Ms. K is personality plus... Joseph is a little charmer...
:heart::heart::heart:

Shandeh
08-11-2007, 12:07 PM
And I forgot to mention that I really like your mom, Michelle. She is such a nice lady. :)

I think that all 8 of us had a good day together. :hug:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

You know, you guys are supposed to try to get together in a couple weeks at tmsl's yarn shop. I have to play organ for a wedding that day, so I won't be there. But, you can all still do it without me.

Doodknitwit
08-11-2007, 04:11 PM
And I forgot to mention that I really like your mom, Michelle. She is such a nice lady. :)

I think that all 8 of us had a good day together. :hug:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

You know, you guys are supposed to try to get together in a couple weeks at tmsl's yarn shop. I have to play organ for a wedding that day, so I won't be there. But, you can all still do it without me.

what day is it again??? :woohoo:

Shandeh
08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Saturday, August 25th at "A Strand of Purls"

Here are the directions Laura (tmsl) gave us before.

Directions from Hwy 321:
Turn onto 2nd Avenue (beside McDonalds - right turn if going North, left turn if going South.)

2nd will become a one-way street. Stay on this until you come to the intersection at Hwy 127 (main 4 lane road). Turn LEFT.

We are down 127 about 2 miles on the left, beside Udderly Delicious Ice Cream.

Please let Laura know who you are if you decide to go!

lestrella
08-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey guys,

I was browsing through the forum and I found this comment about Laura's store in one of the threads. These is exactly what it says:

"Thanks, Amy. I am excited to find your forum. I just want all viewers to know that I visited the new yarn shop w(A Strand of Purls) in Hickory, NC, on Friday and it is fantastic! The store is so inviting, and the selection of yarns is not to be believed!!! I have been knitting for years, and I have never seen a shop so perfect for knitters of any age. Good prices and wonderful customer service, too. Go and see for yourselves!

shuggin"

Isn't that cool!!! :woohoo: Hooray for Laura

wewantmore
08-13-2007, 09:37 AM
That is very cool. :woot:

I might just make the trip on the 25th. Kayla is heading to the mountains with her friends for the weekend so I'll have one less kid to tot around. Though she is the most helpful one.

Shandeh
08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
That's AWESOME! I'm sure that Laura is proud. :)

Doodknitwit
08-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Well while visiting the best yarn shop around... Cottage Yarn this afternoon.. who walks in but...................:waving: Shandeh, Lissalu and Yarn Baby!!!

that is the cutest little girl.. :heart: .:blooby: you never know who you'll meet :roflhard:

Shandeh
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
:)

You never know when you'll see me, do ya? :wink:

Doodknitwit
08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
:roflhard: have a great day??? get yarn??

Brrlracinbt
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
soooo... anyone near Elkin, NC needs to stop by Circle of Friend yarn shop downtown. I now have a both there with my hand painted yarns, patterns and kits. :-D

Shandeh
08-17-2007, 07:50 PM
have a great day??? get yarn??

We had fun. We had coffee at Starbucks, then felt yarn for an hour at the Cottage (I bought two skeins of red baby yarn), then we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. It was nice!

I now have a both there with my hand painted yarns, patterns and kits. :-D
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

lestrella
08-19-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm glad you guys had a great time at cottage yarn! I wish I was there too.
Doodknitwitt, you seem to go there a lot. Is it that close to you?
Is anyone going to their outside market sale? I think is on the 25 of this month.

Doodknitwit
08-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Its worth the drive!!!! I try to make it on my route.
It will be awesome sale

misha rf
08-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Brrlracinbt, that's awesome!

August 25th is a VERY popular date for events this month!

wewantmore
08-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make it on the 25th after all. :(

Money is VERY tight and we just can't afford the gas to travel to Hickory. :( :pout:

Brrlracinbt
08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
What are the hours on the 25th? I have a horse show in Elkin that morning but would like to head that way afterward. We live in Mount Airy so it is a bit of a drive back, but sounds like it is worth it! :-)

Shandeh
08-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, as misha pointed out, now we have TWO events on that date!

tmsl's NEW yarn shop in Hickory is willing to let us come and have a get-together that day. (The shop is called "A Strand of Purls".)

And Cottage Yarn is having a sidewalk sale that day from 9:00 - 5:00. (Everything outside will be 40-50% off!)

The only thing I will be able to do is go to Cottage Yarn for a quick glance, because I have to play organ for a wedding that day.

:pout:

wewantmore
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh man.

I just found out that I will be 2 kidless this weekend. But I still can't make the trip to Hickory. :!!!:

Shandeh
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I was just thinking of you this morning, my friend!
:muah:

I'm sorry you can't go anywhere. :pout:

Oh man.
I just found out that I will be 2 kidless this weekend. But I still can't make the trip to Hickory. :!!!:

lestrella
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I just wanted to say a quick hello :waving:. I've been kind of busy this week. Tomorrow is open house at school and I'll have a display table for my knitting club with some of my FO's. So, I've been knitting like crazy lately. I should be able to breath after tomorrow.

:hug::muah::hug:

Lady Violet
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to say a quick hello :waving:. I've been kind of busy this week. Tomorrow is open house at school and I'll have a display table for my knitting club with some of my FO's. So, I've been knitting like crazy lately. I should be able to breath after tomorrow.

don't forget to take some pictures! i'm sure we'd all like to see how you end up displaying everything. :)

Shandeh
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow! It's already here! Good luck, Lestrella. :hug:

And I wanted you to use the DVD I bought.

Oh well, I guess you can use it during the actual event, after things get started with the kids.

tsmith
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Hope everything went well.

Doodknitwit
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Laura
got the card about the store..:woohoo: :yay:

:blooby: :waving:

Liz Martin
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks so letting me know about Charlotte Yarn (http://www.charlotteyarn.com). The ladies were so nice. It was the nicest yarn store I ever been in. Their selection was great. They just got in the Sublime yarns, which I love.

Belphoebe
08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Laura
got the card about the store..:woohoo: :yay:

:blooby: :waving:

I got mine too! :woot:

Shandeh
08-25-2007, 01:26 AM
I got mine too! :woot:

Me 3! :happydance:

lestrella
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you guys!!! Open house was a complete succcess! :woot: I couldn't tell who was more excited: the kids or the parents?

I had to share a display table with another club so there was no much space to display things a little better. Well, what matters is that everyone was impressed by my FOs and the kids were really excited about learning to knit :woohoo:. My Orange blossom doll was a hit.

I'm posting some pictures of my display table here but if you would like to see the rest of my FOs click on my flickr photo link next to my signature. There are just way too many to upload them here
Laura, I got your invite :cheering:. Thank you so much. Unfortuately, I won't be able to make it that day. My husband will be out of town and I can't drive that far.

Gosh, I feel like I'm forgetting everything I wanted to say. BTW, my puppy has grown so much. I took him to the vet yesterday and he is already 19.6 pounds. I'm posting a picture of him as well. His eyes are not blue anymore. They are green.

One more thing, the Morrison YMCA will have a Zumbathon in the Ballantyne Corporate Park outdoors on Sept. 14 from 6-8pm. I will be participating and thought that maybe you guys will be interested in joining or just coming to watch. It's free!! And you don't have to be a Y member to participate. It should be a lot of fun.

Sandy, It was really nice talking to you today.

Did anyone make it to the cottage yarn sale? I wanted to go but didn't want to torture myself (no money for yarn).

Tommy,you were right about the knitting needles. It's really hard to get the point right.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!!!

Shandeh
08-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I wasn't able to go to the sale, because I had to play organ for a wedding today. :pout:

But, I need to go through my yarn in my craft room to see exactly what I have before I buy more. :???:

It was nice to talk to you too, Lestrella! :hug:

Your life is interesting and busy!!

By the way, Lestrella and I will be getting together on Monday in Charlotte if any of you other Charlotte KHers want to come. It will just be an impromptu thing. We're thinking of going to check out the new Trader Joe's!

Doodknitwit
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Thank you guys!!! Open house was a complete succcess! :woot: I couldn't tell who was more excited: the kids or the parents?

I had to share a display table with another club so there was no much space to display things a little better. Well, what matters is that everyone was impressed by my FOs and the kids were really excited about learning to knit :woohoo:. My Orange blossom doll was a hit.

I'm posting some pictures of my display table here but if you would like to see the rest of my FOs click on my flickr photo link next to my signature. There are just way too many to upload them here
Laura, I got your invite :cheering:. Thank you so much. Unfortuately, I won't be able to make it that day. My husband will be out of town and I can't drive that far.

Gosh, I feel like I'm forgetting everything I wanted to say. BTW, my puppy has grown so much. I took him to the vet yesterday and he is already 19.6 pounds. I'm posting a picture of him as well. His eyes are not blue anymore. They are green.

One more thing, the Morrison YMCA will have a Zumbathon in the Ballantyne Corporate Park outdoors on Sept. 14 from 6-8pm. I will be participating and thought that maybe you guys will be interested in joining or just coming to watch. It's free!! And you don't have to be a Y member to participate. It should be a lot of fun.

Sandy, It was really nice talking to you today.

Did anyone make it to the cottage yarn sale? I wanted to go but didn't want to torture myself (no money for yarn).

Tommy,you were right about the knitting needles. It's really hard to get the point right.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!!!

my how beautiful your display was!!! love the dolls..

love the pup..she/he will grow into those paws :roflhard:
what kind of dog??

yes was at the "sale of the year" There was a 50 cent table, 5 $1 tables 2 $2 tables... some 40%, some 50% off bins out on the lawn under shade trees and canopies.... they had a huge fan to give the shoppers a breeze :hot:
I spent $33 and got over $300 worth of yarn!!! an amazing event because the quality of the yarns..., the helpful women. I've never been to such a great sale!!! :woohoo::yay::blooby:

lestrella
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks!

OMG Dooknitwit, I can't believe you only spent $33 for a $300 dollars worth! That's awesome! Would you post some pictures of what you got?

Doodknitwit
08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
camera on fritz :tap:.... i messed :eyes: it up on bsj... pic taking...
i got lots of ribbon, lite lopi wool, some goldleaf ribbon.....,
berroco yoga.................most of what i bought will make the Have Fun Scarves in Sally Melville's book the Knit Stitch.
self fringing..knit lengthwise from 4-8 diff yarns... in texture, weight etc... :blooby:
what a fun time.....

Shandeh
08-26-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm so sad I missed it! :pout:

wewantmore
08-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Sandy, thanks for the invite, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

So sad I missed the yarn sale.

lestrella - That booth looks great. I hope you have a record turn out. The puppy is so cute too.

Doodknitwit - Man sounds like a nice stash you bought.

Boy is it storming here. We need the rain, but all the lack of water we've had and these winds are not a good combo.

Samantha is growing well. Had her one month check up on Friday and she's 8 lbs 8 oz. (birth weight was 6 lbs 14 oz)

I had a nice quiet weekend, with two kids gone. I cleaned out all the kids toys. Threw tons of stuff out and boxed up others for a later date. (they just had too many to choose from and I was tired of the mess)

Ok, I think I need to shut this computer down. Major lighting.

Michelle

Doodknitwit
08-26-2007, 06:13 PM
wow my DD called she said it is dark at Concord Mills..
:pray: for rain...............
I can't make it either but we are getting a Trader Joe's soon... love that store.. they started in Calif!!!:woohoo:

yes I got some lovely yarns...:X::X::X:

lestrella
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
:verysad:I'm sorry you guys won't be able to make it today. Last time I didn't spend that much time with you and I was hoping to see you again today and get to know each other better. Oh well...

I'm glad to hear the Samantha is growing well and that you had sometime for yourself (sort of) this weekend.

Ok, I better go and start preparing things for school. Today is my son's first day of school and his first time taking the school bus. Let's see how that goes. He is not too thrilled about it. He got a great teacher!! She had called twice already within the last 5 days just to see how he is doing and to tell him how excited she is that he is going to be in her class and that they are going to have so much fun today. How cool is that? I already love her!!!!:woot:

wewantmore
08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I hope the bus ride went smoothly.

So glad I shut down. Not 10 mins later we had about a dozen power surges, the total power outage for about 3 hours.

I saw the Trader Joes going in off Mallard Creek. :woot:

Shandeh
08-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, Lestrella. It looks like you will only get to visit with little ole me. :teehee:

I'll see you in an hour! :hug:

lestrella
08-27-2007, 05:41 PM
You won't believe what happened to us today. As you all know, my son was riding the school bus today for the first time. Morning bus was late for about 20 minutes but off he went.

After having a great time with Shandeh today, I came back to wait for my son anxiously at the bus stop. I couldn't wait for him to tell me everything about it! To our surprise, my son didn't get off the bus. I went inside the bus and started calling his name but no response. I almost :passedout:. I started to panic. My husband started to panic. The bus driver just look at us and didn't say anything. I was mad :tap: and scared. We ran back home and tried to call the school I don't know how many times. The line was either busy or there was no answer. I send my husband to school while I stay trying to get in touch with the school and waiting at the corner just in case he was sent in another bus. This has been the scariest moment of my life. I was just thinking about my baby being lost somewhere, scared, hungry. To my surprise, I got a call from a really nice lady telling me that she had my son; he got off at the wrong neighborhood. I don't even know how she got my number but I'm glad she found me. My son was hysterical, crying, scared. He didn't want to go into the lady's house...'cause you know how we are always taught not to talk to strangers. Luckily, the neighborhood was close to mine so I just went through my backyard looking for her house. It was a really scary experience. He is fine now but it took us some tiem to calm him down. And of course, he doesn't want to ride the bus tomorrow. I don't blame him.

I'm still shaking...

Doodknitwit
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
so sorry to hear about his first day!!! How scary for all of you... Glad all is well now..

wewantmore
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM

Shandeh
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
What a nightmare! :help:

But, thank God it had a happy ending.
Give him lots of hugs and kisses tonight.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

lestrella
08-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Thank you guys. I'm glad his home and safe but it was really scary. I'll pick him up tomorrow though.

Shandeh
08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Be sure to talk to the school counselor about it.

wewantmore
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
:woot: A week of non 90+ weather. :woot:

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
:woot: A week of non 90+ weather. :woot:
yes relief at last!!! :hot::woohoo:

Shandeh
09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
This calls for a celebration! :)
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/9.gif

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
feeling better Sandy??:blooby:

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Handpaint Heaven and Trash and Treasure
Hosting
Cherry Tree Hill Labor Day Sale
Dear Yarn Lovers:

With 2 days down and 2 days to go, we thought we would add yarns to our line up to replace sold out yarns:

Wool In The Woods
Since so many of you loved the Wool in the Woods selections, we are offering 4 more yarns:

Iris, Newport, Aspen and Cherry Blossom.

Iris is a hand dyed 100% cotton that comes 200 yards per skein. It is a worsted weight textured cotton, great for end of summer items and baby items as it is very soft on sensitive skin. We have it in only 1 color--Iris, a solid purple. This yarn would make a great carry along as well. Hold it with another yarn to use a background for a cotton throw or knitting bag, scarf or sweater. This yarn did retail for $12 per hank. Get it from us for $8 and enjoy the huge savings! The label says: 21 stitches/ 26 rows to 4" on size 6 needle. Hand wash lay flat to dry. Shown at right.

Aspen is a rayon/cotton blend yarn with a nylon binder. This yarn is soft and surprisingly sturdy. It is a worsted weight stranded yarn variegated in a combination of three colors: rust, brown and beige. It would make a lovely throw or pillow, great for bags and purses. It goes well with the Newport and Cherry Blossom we also have on sale. Mix and match for a great variety! The label says: 20 sts /26 rows to 4" on size 6 needles. 200 yards per hank. The yarn did retail for $8.50. Get it now for $5 per hank and mix and match with Newport and Cherry Blossom.

Newport is the same as Aspen and Cherry Blossom, only in a different color combination of: lavender, purple and wisteria. Mix and match with Aspen at the same price!

Cherry Blossom is the same as Aspen and Newport, only in a different color combination of: lavender, wheat and loden. Mix and match with Aspen and Newport at the same price!
Aspen, Newport, Cherry Blossom

Cherry Tree Hill

Supersock Solids

We have added Supersock Solids. This Supersock comes in 20 solid colors. a 100% washable fingering weight merino, with a put up of 4 oz./420 yds. hank. Knit a pair of socks from just one hank. Regularly $18 each--now only $12. The four Supersock Solid design contest winning patterns have been added to the pattern page.

Orphan Bag Price Reduction

If you like brights here's your chance to get the 1 lb. grab bags for less! Bright bags only will be reduced from $30 per pound to $20 per pound beginning today. All yarn is Cherry Tree Hill first quality!

CHERRY TREE HILL PATTERNS ($4 each or $3.33 each when you buy 3 or moreó33% off!)

Song of Joy Socks: Knit from one hank of Supersock Solid
Laced Rib Socks: Knit from one hank of Supersock Solid
Brickyard Joe Socks: Knit from one hank of Supersock Solid
Let Your Hair Down Socks: Knit from one hank of Supersock Solid

Happy Hunting, and thanks for making this a great sale! We hope you get everything you want!

From all of us at Trash And Treasure and Handpaint Heaven!

Yarn Girls [yarngirls@discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com]

Shandeh
09-02-2007, 06:36 PM
feeling better Sandy??:blooby:

I'm feeling better, but still kinda weak. I guess I've just overdone it with all the furniture moving and tile-laying.

So, I'm taking it easy for a few days.

tmsl
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Be sure to go yarn shopping this coming weekend, maybe I can suggest a store??:teehee:

Laura

A Strand of Purls

Doodknitwit
09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Be sure to go yarn shopping this coming weekend, maybe I can suggest a store??:teehee:

Laura

A Strand of Purls

hope to see you soon!!!
website yet?

Shandeh
09-04-2007, 11:51 AM

Laura
A Strand of Purls

I really want to come! I just have to figure out how to get to Hickory. And my poor car is just limping along right now. I need to take it to the shop, because one of the wheels is out of alignment or something. (My steering wheel is wiggling all the time.) :teehee:

Lady Violet
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I need to take it to the shop, because one of the wheels is out of alignment or something. (My steering wheel is wiggling all the time.) :teehee:

isn't that what makes driving fun? :??

Shandeh
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM

Yeah! I should be singing "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" while I drive! :teehee:

wewantmore
09-05-2007, 05:53 AM
OMG we just watched that movie for the first time over the weekend. :teehee:

Shandeh
09-05-2007, 08:51 AM
:teehee:

I must have been channeling your family. :shock:

lestrella
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Where is everybody? What have you guys been up to?

Well, I've been been doing a lot of Zumba this week. The Zumbathon is tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I'm beat so I don't know if I'll have the energy tomorrow to do it.

I've been knitting little things here and there. I'll post pictures once I get my camera back. My husband took it to Italy this week.

I'm really excited because my son is knitting now :woohoo:. On labor day I taught him the knit stitch and he did a bit chunk of garter stitch. Today, he learned to purl all by himself and he is doing the stockinette stitch. It's so cute to see him doing it because he sings while he knits. Or, when he's in the bathroom he makes up songs about knitting. Isn't that cool?

Yesterday I went to the Michaels on Pineville and told them about my knitting club and ask them if they would consider giving us a discount since we have to buy supplies for 20 kids. They say that they don't give discounts. That's consider charity donations and it has to come straight from corporate. I was so disappointed! Oh well, I just hope that we get some donations thru the parents at school.

Shandeh
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm really excited because my son is knitting now :woohoo:. On labor day I taught him the knit stitch and he did a bit chunk of garter stitch. Today, he learned to purl all by himself and he is doing the stockinette stitch. It's so cute to see him doing it because he sings while he knits. Or, when he's in the bathroom he makes up songs about knitting. Isn't that cool?
That's WONDERFUL! :happydance:

Yesterday I went to the Michaels on Pineville and told them about my knitting club and ask them if they would consider giving us a discount since we have to buy supplies for 20 kids. They say that they don't give discounts. That's consider charity donations and it has to come straight from corporate. I was so disappointed! Oh well, I just hope that we get some donations thru the parents at school.
Lestrella, I think you should check with the school about how they handle supplies for other clubs and groups in the school. I would expect that parents pay a fee for supplies for activities like that. You could have them pay enough to cover a set of needles and yarn, or you could give them a list of supplies they need to purchase for their child to participate.

wewantmore
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
What kind of supplies do you need? I have 3 sets of size 7 or 8 plastic needles. I was going to send them to someone but she didn't need them. You are more then welcome to them.

What kind of yarn are you using?

In personal news. Kayla fractured her finger SWIMMING. :shrug: Don't ask, we don't know. Crazy kid would only hurt herself doing a 'sport' I always felt was injury free. :doh: Silly me.

Anyway. Joseph is now potty trained. He decided last week that he was too big for diapers. So we are now all un'erwears (his word) Even at night. :woot:

Samantha is well a 7 week old baby. She gets gassy at night and from about 4pm til 10 is on and off crying/sleeping. It sucks, but this too shall pass. Right?

I haven't gotten much knitting done. I did finish a steering wheel cover for my Mom. (Thanks Sandy for the 'pattern') I'll mail it out to her when I finish one for my Aunt and Gma.

I borrowed a book about knitting socks from the library. I think it's a brand new book and I am the first to borrow it. :roflhard: Now just to find time to read and knit. I also have 2 other 'self help' books I'm 'reading'. Ceaser Millan's Dog Whisperer and You on a Diet by Dr. Oz from Oprah.

I need something to FREEZE time so I can get some ME time.

Did anyone get that rain last night. Man I woke up and was like "what is that noise?" then realized it was rain and did a little happy dance in bed.

Michelle

Shandeh
09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
In personal news. Kayla fractured her finger SWIMMING.
Poor Kayla! :pout:

Anyway. Joseph is now potty trained.
Congratulations, Joseph! :thumbsup:

Samantha is well a 7 week old baby.
What a sweetie! :heart:

I did finish a steering wheel cover for my Mom. (Thanks Sandy for the 'pattern')
You're welcome! :wink:

It's nice to see you "talking" in here again. It means you're finally getting some sleep, in the midst of taking care of all your children! :hug:

Doodknitwit
09-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself! I am a newbie knitter. :waving: I'm from a little town just north of Greensboro and at the moment I'm a student at Appalachian State in Boone! I've just been knitting for about 1 1/2 years and I haven't ventured out from scarves, hats and headbands. Hopefully I can find enough time to make a sweater, thats my goal for 2007!

Guess you know about Bluerdige Needle Arts that is now in Foscoe??

Lady Violet
09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
i have a question about license plates and since there are so many KHers in NC, i thought i would ask it here. why are new plates now coming with red numbers and letters instead of blue? did they run out of blue ink? :teehee: i figure at least one of you has to know someone who works for the DMV. :??

lestrella
09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Wewantmore, I'm sorry about Kayla's finger. Is she doing better now? :thumbsup: for potty training. It took me forever to potty train my son. He was doing great at home but the daycare didn't help much. One time he had an accident in his class and I'm sure one of the teachers made a comment to him about not being a big boy because that day he came home crying saying that he wasn't a big boy and I had to send him back in pullups. I think he was traumatized after that because he still doesn't like to use the restroom at school.

Thanks for the offer on the needles. But are you sure you won't need them. Maybe Kayla would like to learn how to knit.

shandeh, I hope you are feeling better.

It seems that I will have about 20 students on my knitting club and there will be about 15 more on a waiting list. i was supposed to start with 10 only, but there's been a lot of emotional problems because the kids ( or should I say the parents?) want to get in so bad. I mean, it's wonderful to see all that enthusiasm but, at the same time, I can't take them all at once. I don't want them to be frustrated. I want to be able to dedicate some time to each of them individually.

Ok, I'm really hungry now and I can't think anymore so I'll check on you all later.

lestrella
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Lady violet,
I have not idea, but thanks for reminding me that I need to renew mine next month.

misha rf
09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
The DOT didn't really say why they chose to change the color:

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/hot_topics/PlateRecall.html

(there's a link in there to a PDF file about the recall that gives a little more info, but the only thing about the color is that they're changing it.)

Lady Violet
09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
wow. i didn't realize they're replacing the old ones, too. that seems kind of, well, superfluous.

"Removing old plates from our roads will increase the safety and security of our drivers and provide law enforcement agencies with an updated identification tool."

how exactly? as far as i can tell, all they've done is change the color. wouldn't improved road conditions increase the safetly and security of NC drivers even more? just my two cents. :roll:

Lady Violet
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Lady violet,
I have not idea, but thanks for reminding me that I need to renew mine next month.

glad i could help! :teehee:

wewantmore
09-21-2007, 06:05 AM
Lestrella I don't need them. I bought Kayla a pair of bamboo needles to learn on. :oops:

The DMV are just messed up. I agree spend the $$ on the roads.

Kayla's finger is doing better. But yesterday at swim class, Joseph went under. He lost his footing and couldn't 'right' himself so he was face down. I jumped in. I saw it happen and knew he wouldn't be able to pick himself up. He was only in the 'baby' pool so 2" of water max. Still very scary. He held his breath the whole time. He was a little scared, but was fine. Even got back in after a potty break.

Then he fell in the locker room and cut up his elbow.

I am not liking 'swimming' anymore. We've done classes there now for about 4 yrs on and off. It's not like it's 'new' to us. :shrug:

Shandeh
09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
OMG! Poor Joseph! :shock:

Your family has had quite an adventure lately.

Hang in there, my friend. :hug:

Doodknitwit
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
oh the photos don't do your creation justice!! I sasw it the last time at Cottage Yarn. It is so sweet!!!:yay:

MrsDavis3
09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
It turns out that my sister and her husband will be here visiting on the weekend of the SAFF. I will like seeing them, but I have to confess I'm a little disappointed that it's THAT weekend. I was imagining hanging out at the fair for hours and hours, buying yarn and looking at demonstrations. I'm on the waiting list for one class, but I haven't heard anything.

I guess I can hope that they might want to come with me, but if they do, I'm sure I'll have to leave before I want to.

Shandeh
09-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Doodknitwit! :hug:

Mrs Davis, I'm so sorry about the change in your plans! :pout:

Belphoebe
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I know I'm late in responding...but we just potty trained Emma this summer. She was around 3 years 2 months at the time. We had tried when she was younger, but she just wasn't ready. All in all it took her about two weeks to be trained to use the potty during the day and then about two months to catch on for nighttime. She occasionally wets the bed at night still, but hasn't had any daytime accidents. My mother, my sister, and all kinds of other mothers were on me to have her trained. I just listened to Emma and watched for when she seemed ready. My girlfriends all said she would do it when she was ready and not before. Glad I had girlfriends! My mother was making me feel like a bad mom. Oh! Another thing we did....not that I agree with bribery, but we found some fairy dolls that if Emma filled a chart up with stickers from using the potty, she got one. There were six fairies in all, so she was really motivated. (Emma was on a fairy kick at the time...now it is dinosaurs.)

Anyway, hope it helps!

Doodknitwit
09-23-2007, 12:08 PM
yea Emma!!! :yay:

lestrella
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi!

As always, just stopping by for a quick hello.

I found out that hobby lobby has all the knitting accessories for 50% this week. So, I rushed there today to buy supplies for the knitting club but I didn't know that they don't open on Sundays. I was so disappointed.

Oh, this morning I locked myself out of my house. I took the puppy for a walk and forgot to take my keys. I told my son to grab my cell phone but he forgot. It was like 8:30am and I was afraid to wake up my neighbors asking for help but I took my chances. I went to one of my neighbors (I used to drive their son to school last year). They usually have baseball games on weekends so I figured the are either gone or getting ready for a game. Anyway, the husband was in the supermarket so I had to wait for him to come back and see if he could open the door for me. He looked a little puzzle at first but he finally figured out how to open it. It took him like an hour but I was so happy to be able to go home.

DH will be back home soon. It's been so long and i miss him so much.

sheilaksp
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
It's been over a month or so since I checked in last, :doh:for those that have forgotten, I am in Fayetteville, I guess I am across the state from most of everyone. I didn't get to Hickroy for a row of Purls opening,:oops: did anyone go? How was it? Is there anyone on my side of the state? I have been busy knitting and quilting. I have been working on 3 shawls, :knitting:MS3, fir cone shawl and the Trinui shawl! I need more time to get things knitted. I also have a baby sweater and vest started and a couple pair of socks and I am in a KAL for a sweater!
Back in August I did get to do my first Tandem parachute jump. I had a ball and am ready to do it again. Now as I tell my husband (who is retired army) I am no longer a leg!:woot:
Just thought I would stop by and say hi and see what ever one was up too. I won't get to go to the southeaster fiber fair this year:sad:, husband has a big paper due that weekend and the paper comes first!
Hope everyone has a good week Happy Knitting :knitting:

http://sheilakayp.blogspot.com/ (http://sheilakayp.blogspot.com/)

Shandeh
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I found out that hobby lobby has all the knitting accessories for 50% this week........but I didn't know that they don't open on Sundays.

Oh, this morning I locked myself out of my house.
I think you should just stay locked up in the house until he comes back! :teehee: (Just kidding, my friend. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.)

Back in August I did get to do my first Tandem parachute jump. I had a ball and am ready to do it again.

I won't get to go to the southeaster fiber fair this year:sad:, husband has a big paper due that weekend and the paper comes first!
Congratulations on the parachute jump! :thumbsup:
(I always dreamed of doing that.)

I'm sorry you can't make it to SAFF this year. :pout:

sheilaksp
09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I hope everyone that get's to go to the fiber fair has a great time and learns alot. Maybe you can let us know what you learned.

Shandeh
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I learned a lot my first year:
TAKE LOTS OF MONEY, SO YOU CAN BUY THE FREAKIN' GORGEOUS YARN.

My second year, I learned how to spin yarn by taking the "Beginning Spinning" class! :)

This year, I'm learning how to correct mistakes in the "Oops Workshop", and how to do Fair Isle knitting in the afternoon.

MrsDavis3
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I learned a lot my first year:
TAKE LOTS OF MONEY, SO YOU CAN BUY THE FREAKIN' GORGEOUS YARN.

My plan exactly.

wewantmore
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh I love skydiving. Been 3 times. :teehee:

Can we PLEASE get some rain....... :tap:

Shandeh
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh I love skydiving. Been 3 times. :teehee:
:shock:

sheilaksp
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Skydiving is a blast, I am hopefully going to take sole lesson come spring. We could use alot of a nice steady rain! The ground is so dry! I figure we will get rain when the State fair comes, It seems to always want to rain then.

lestrella
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
skydiving?? You guys are brave! I can't even think about it. I'm so scared of heights...I don't even like rollercoasters.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been really busy lately. Tomorrow is our first knitting club meeting. I'm so excited!!!:woot::woohoo:.

Today, my co-leader and I spent about an hour casting on all the needles to make it easier for the kids tomorrow. We'll start with the knit stitch instead of casting on for our first lesson. Casting on and knitting the first row can be frustrating and I don't want them to feel that way. I want them to be excited about coming back next week.

Gotta go and get ready for tomorrow. I have to be in school at 7:15AM.

Good night!!!:waving::muah:

wewantmore
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
:teehee:
That's how I started to teach Kayla. I casted on for her.

I need to get your address for schedule a 'meet up' so I can get you those needles.

Shandeh
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Great way to start, Lestrella! :thumbsup:

lestrella
10-05-2007, 02:44 PM
:woohoo:The knitting club went well. I had 15 girls eager to learn and 5 assistants (my son's teacher and teacher assistant, the media specialist, speech therapist and my friend). I don't know what I would've done without them. None of the girls knew how to knit and some of them were getting frustrated. Others, were really excited and they didn't want to leave the room. They were like, "oh, I wish the club was everyday." They didn't get to finish their bookmark, but I let them take their materials home to practice.

My son had to come with me because my husband was out of town. We got to school at 7:10 AM. He was so good the whole time. He drew for the whole hour we were there. He was really excited because some of the girls were impressed with his drawings and they wanted to draw with him too. I told him that maybe next time he can sit and knit so they can watch him and learn from him. He said, "but remember mami I'm not knitting, I'm purling, now." He sounded so cute.

Although our time flew by and we didn't get to do much, I'm glad the way everything turned out. We are all looking forward to our next meeting.

Shandeh
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a success to me! :cheering:

Lady Violet
10-06-2007, 03:18 PM
have any of you been getting the green NYC commercials, or is it just us raleigh-ites? they do know there's a Y in there, right? it's not just NC. i think someone's very confused. :teehee:

Shandeh
10-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I've never seen the commercials. But that doesn't mean they aren't being played here. I very rarely watch TV.

Lady Violet
10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
i don't usually watch it either, but it's saturday and i didn't go to the highland games (i'm sick and tired). more yarn money, right? :wink:

Shandeh
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Yarn money is ALWAYS good! cloud9

wewantmore
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone going to the race this weekend? I'm so bummed we don't have tickets. (if anyone knows of 2 tickets let me know)

I did however win 4 tickets to Fridays show of High School Musical on Ice. :woot: The kids are excited. As is Mommy and Daddy. :teehee:

Shandeh
10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I wish I could go to both!

misha rf
10-08-2007, 07:30 PM
We're going to the race! I can't wait!! My SIL & her son are going, too. The Husband & I are considering this a reward after putting up with houseguests this past weekend. (My friend & her husband.)

lestrella
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey, how did you get tickets for the High School Musical show? That is so cool! Have fun!

misha, have fun at the race too.

I wanted to take this night to catch up with KH but I'm so tired and sleepy that I don't know if I'll be able too.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope we can plan a get together soon. Who's going to the fiber fest?

wewantmore
10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
There's a local Free parenting magazine (Charlotte Parent) and they had an online 'contest'. You just fill out the form to enter. They have one monthly and my friend has won twice not these tickets, but others and DVD's. I don't think many participate. http://forums.ovusoft.com/image/image.aspx/smile_lol.gif Either way, Kayla and Joseph are excited. I made the mistake of telling Joseph about it. Now that's all he keeps asking. "now we go High School Musical?" Um No.

Doodknitwit
10-09-2007, 08:35 AM
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTjh.html

:psst::psst:

Shandeh
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I made the mistake of telling Joseph about it. Now that's all he keeps asking. "now we go High School Musical?" Um No.
Oh my gosh! :roflhard: I remember those days!!! You poor thing. But, there's really no way you could have avoided him finding out about it. He would have heard one of you discussing it eventually.

wewantmore
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Dude, I love the decrease on that hat. :inlove:

sweerrosy
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
hello I am just over the line in virginia I love to knit and crochet I make baby set bathroom sets you name it I try to do it

Shandeh
10-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Welcome, sweerrosy! :hug:

sheilaksp
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
We had a green article in the Fayetteville paper but I haven't seen the commericals on TV and we get the Raleigh stations. I agree I have not a clue why NC should be getting them unless they want us to be aware

Shandeh
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone about SAFF. It's in 15 days! http://www.saffsite.org/

It's an AMAZING fiber fair, in the mountains of North Carolina. REALLY worth the trip! :thumbsup:

wewantmore
10-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm glad the tickets were Free. :teehee: It was good, Joseph enjoyed himself. Kayla was a tad disappointed that it wasn't the actual actors skating, despite the fact I had given her fair warning of this fact.

I knitted her a tiny little purse, it's cute. I took pictures, but I can never figure out how to upload to this site. When I do I'll post it.

I've been sitting outside knitting while the kids ride their bikes. I LOVE this weather. Windows have been opened since Wed. night.

Michelle

Shandeh
10-15-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm glad you had fun, Michelle!

We WANT to see your photos!
Here's a link in the forum from Silver (one of the moderators) about photo size and stuff like that.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=34840

wewantmore
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Nothing 'frilly' but this is the purse I made her. I ran out of 'funky fur' yarn so that's why it's so small. I wanted it to have a flap that I could put a button on to close it. Oh well, she loves it.

sheilaksp
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, do post a picture would love to see it!

sheilaksp
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Very cute! I bet she loves it, good colors for a little girl. You could put a snap on the inside of the purse so she could close it if you like.

Shandeh
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
....or a magnetic closure. You can find them in the sewing section at Hobby Lobby.

I love that purse!! :inlove:

lestrella
10-16-2007, 09:06 AM
:waving: How's everyone doing?

What a beautiful bag, Michelle!!! i bet Kayla loves it!

I've been running around as usual. Time seems to go by so fast that I barely have time to sit in the computer.

The knitting club is doing well, I guess. The girls are still excited but I get a little worry. We haven't passed the knit stitch lesson yet. I'm planning to put an add in the newsletter this month asking for volunteers. It's hard because it's at 7:30am and nobody wants to volunteer that early especially if you have younger kids that you need to get ready for school.

This past weekend we went to the Grandfather Mountain. We hiked for like 3 hours. There was a point where I couldn't go anymore. I frozed. I couldn't look anywhere. I was scared and dizzy. it was a very rocky and steep trail. My son had a blast. He is totally fearless and couldn't understand why I was so scared.

Now, the big news....ta...ta...ta...tan....:woohoo::woot: I'm going to start working soon!!!! Yeah!!The principal at my son's school offered me a job as a TA. I don't know when I'll start but it's going to be pretty soon. They got all my papers and they are only waiting for a letter of recommendation from my old boss in NYC. i am so happy!!! We can actually start getting rid of some of our debts...and buy yarn:cheering::blooby::woot:

ok, I think that's it for now. i will see you guys at the fiber fest. I'm so excited!!!

wewantmore
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
:woot: That's fantastic. More yarn money is always a plus.

Yes, I am planning on adding a button of some sort to the purse.

Doodknitwit
10-16-2007, 10:30 AM
great news about the new job!! :happydance:

wewantmore love Kayla's purse!! :blooby:

Shandeh
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Congratulations on your job, Lestrella! Way to go! :thumbsup:

wewantmore
10-19-2007, 06:48 AM
:inlove:
Thank you Sandy. She looked so cute in her outfit. And just a picture of her smiling. :wink:

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Awww Michelle!!! What a cutie pie baby girl!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

And you're right. I think she'll still be able to wear it next spring and summer! :wink:

You know, she looks like Kayla in the first photo, and like Joseph in the second photo.

lestrella
10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
What a cutie!!! She is adorable!!!

I just got my ralvery invite but I'm having problems signing in.

Knitting club is going well. i want to get the whole school involve in a charity project. I just send an article for the newsletter asking everyone to help in our efforts of providing hats and blankets for the preemie babies at a local hospital during the holiday season. I hope to get a great response.

My DH gave me a new digital camera for my birthday. He broke mine, accidentally, when he was in Italy last month.

I can't believe Fiber fest is right around the corner. I can't wait!!!

wewantmore
10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
So jealous of your SAFF outting this weekend. So wish I could have attended. Maybe next year.

I am 5609 in line for Ravelry :woot: They are adding people so fast. when I signed up, Oct. 6 there was over 14,000 and I thought I'd never see the light. Now I can start to see a beam trying to poke out to let me IN. :teehee:

carolsloan
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Since I'm a native Carolinian, and I STILL LIVE HERE, I guess I'm as good as anybody to start a thread for North Carolina knitters.

I was born in Charlotte, and have lived in the vicinity my whole life. I would love to get to know other knitters in the area.

So far in the forum, I've found the following Carolina knitters:
jeskatkel (Dallas)
tmsl (Hickory)
maman (Charlotte)
sop 1 (Charlotte)
hedgehog (Greensboro)
Liliyarn (Greenville, SC)
Danielle (Waynesvegas, NC)
benniesma (NC)
Seedy (NC)
foothills (Mount Airy, NC)

I haven't spoken to all of you, but maybe that can change now! :)
Sandy ,
Hi . I am in SC . I live in Piedmont , near Greenville . I'd love to be able to send the lady from Greenville SC a message . How would I go about doing that ? Thanks !

Shandeh
10-26-2007, 03:09 PM
So jealous of your SAFF outting this weekend. So wish I could have attended. Maybe next year.
:pout: I wish you could come too! :verysad:
I am 5609 in line for Ravelry :woot:
I can't wait to see you there! You'll LOVE the place! :wink:
I'd love to be able to send the lady from Greenville SC a message . How would I go about doing that ?
Her KH name is Liliyarn - you could just do a search for her profile, but I've found it here for you.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=12763
When you click that link, it will take you to her profile. Just scroll down the page, and look on the right side of the page. You'll see the option to "send a private message". Good luck!

Shandeh
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
SAFF was amazing! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
I really enjoyed the trip, the yarn, the spinning wheels, the alpacas.
And I got to meet misha rf, tsmith, and Leah22b!
You can read all about it and see more photos here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=992731&postcount=183

Lady Violet
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
i'll be going to wilmington on saturday and coming back on sunday. i'll be at the wilmington hilton riverside. does anyone know of any LYSs downtown? i would LOOOOVE to check them out while i'm there. besides switching up my knitting atmosphere (and enjoying my trackout :wink: ), that's kind of the point of going. my mom will be there for a few days for an art teachers' convention and i thought i'd share her hotel bill for a night.

oh yeah. last year she went to a great little shop that was run by a lady who's been on several daytime talk shows. she knits really neat little neck things (but they're really expensive). mom can't remember the name of it. has anybody here heard of it?

Shandeh
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Here is the photo of tsmith, misha rf, Leah22b, and me!
(in clockwise order from top left)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/1793173841_78d958a16f.jpg

wewantmore
11-01-2007, 10:47 PM
I recieved today the most wonderful gift. YARN. A lady that lived near my parents passed away. Well Sandy lets she say her stash would blow your away. Anyway, I got first pick. :woot: Sad news is that it's all in NM so I had to do it via some very bad pictures. But I got the box in today and YUMMMMMMY YUM YUM.

She didn't put in one set I had asked about and we got our wires crossed on another, but all in all :noway: it's a lotta yarn.

I'll post pictures later.

Michelle

Shandeh
11-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Yay Michelle! :cheering: You deserve all that wonderful yarn! :hug:

wewantmore
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks Sandy.

:woot::woot::woot::woot:
I have just a little over 1500 people in front of me, so I should have my invite by mid-next week.

Lady Violet
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
i just had one of those super :doh: moments. we're going to see my brother on okinawa (:happydance:) sometime next year while dad and i are tracked out. since we won't be able to get our plane tickets for under a grand apiece, the later the better. SAFF is during our trackout. when we visit my brother, it will be for two weeks. right now i'm thinking we will probably go during our october/november trackout which means i'll miss SAFF. sorry ladies, but i have my priorities. :teehee: you can bet i'll be looking for LYSs on the island. i've been googling them for months already. When we start talking about actual dates for our trip, i'll let ya know. we had just better have at least one get-together before then, "just in case". pretty please? :flirt:

yes! i finally get to use the purple smiley!!! :roflhard:

Shandeh
11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes, I agree. We need another get-together soon. :)

wewantmore
11-03-2007, 09:06 PM
:pout: Please pray for my brother. He's in jail on false child abuse charges. I don't want to post any details, but I can say with 100% that yes they are false.

His arranment is on Wed. So he's there til then. No more teaching job at the moment.

Oh the charges are about his own son, not a student.

Michelle

:verysad:

Shandeh
11-04-2007, 04:15 AM
:pray: :heart: Michelle's Brother :heart: :pray:

Doodknitwit
11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
praying the truth comes out quickly!!!

wewantmore
11-04-2007, 12:32 PM
praying the truth comes out quickly!!!

Thank you. That is a good thing to pray. Never thought of it. I'll start my prayers with that.

Ellawyn
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello. I'm from Nc. In the Hickory Area. I'm a newbie to knitting. :)

Shandeh
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Welcome, Ellawyn! :hug:

wewantmore
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
They've doubled his bail and it's all over the media where he lives. :(

Shandeh
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh Michelle!!! :help: :verysad:

Eccie
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
First, I'll admit that I haven't read all 900 and something posts in this thread but I wanted to say Hi and that I'm from Lincoln County NC :)

tmsl
11-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Ellawyn!! I own a knit store in Viewmont called A Strand of Purls, stop by anytime if you need help with something.

Laura

Shandeh
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Laura, do you think it would be possible for us to set up a get-together at your shop this month? Maybe on a Saturday or Sunday?

lestrella
11-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh, Michelle:hug: I'm so sorry about your brother's situation. I hope everything gets solved soon.

Welcome to the new members.

It's been kind of crazy lately on my side and I haven't had a chance to be around much. I promise to take some time this weekend to get caught up here.

Take care,

tmsl
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Shandeh,
I am closed on Sunday and have family coming for Thanksgiving otherwise I would open on a Sunday for you guys. Saturday's are a go, just let me know when you might want to plan it. I would love to meet you all.
Laura

hollandcrew
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I live near Concord, NC. We moved here from VA 2 years ago. I am a monther of 3 (all under 8). Ijust started knitting several years ago. I am finally branching out and making things that are not rectangular in shape. I am working on my first slipper pattern. Cannot wait to get to know you guys more!! Enjoy this beautiful NC day!
Rickell

tsmith
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I live near Concord, NC. We moved here from VA 2 years ago. I am a monther of 3 (all under 8). Ijust started knitting several years ago. I am finally branching out and making things that are not rectangular in shape. I am working on my first slipper pattern. Cannot wait to get to know you guys more!! Enjoy this beautiful NC day!
Rickell
Welcome hollandcrew. I go to a yarn circle in Concord. It meets at Rave Knits (a great store!) If you'd like more info you let me know.

Shandeh
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I am closed on Sunday and have family coming for Thanksgiving otherwise I would open on a Sunday for you guys. Saturday's are a go, just let me know when you might want to plan it. I would love to meet you all.
Thanks Laura! Maybe we could plan for the first Saturday in December. That would be December 1st. Anyone else interested?
We could bring what we're working on for Christmas! :)

Cannot wait to get to know you guys more!! Enjoy this beautiful NC day! - Rickell
Welcome Rickell! :waving:

carolinacj
11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi y'all....I'm a true newbie....new to knitting, new to the board, and somewhat new to NC. We moved from Dallas, TX to Kernersville, NC about 2 years ago.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here...I can knit and purl, and that's about it! I learned to make scarves last Christmas and now I'm hooked....but I sure don't understand many of the patterns and the lingo.

I'm currently working on a simple baby blanket for my upcoming new nephew....it's slow going, but at least it's not a scarf!

Talk to you soon!
cj
(Cathy)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Shandeh
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Welcome, cj! :hug:

lakeout
11-11-2007, 02:01 AM
greetings Ellawyn. I'm down in SHerrills Ford, not too far away....

lestrella
11-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Welcome new members!!! How's everyone else doing?
Can somebody tell me where time goes? It seems that my days are flying and I don't have time for anything.
I got myself a ball winder and I've been spending a lot of time winding yarn for my knitting club. I don't know what my girls have been doing with the yarn but they are all tangled up. They are doing pretty well with their knitting though. We'll be making preemie hats for the hospital during this holiday season. One of the girls already finished her first hat. Isn't that awesome?

Shandeh
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
That's so COOL, lestrella! Your club sounds WONDERFUL! :cheering:

Shandeh
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, no one else has said anything about getting together on December 1st. Maybe I should say it louder.

WOULD ANY OF YOU LIKE TO GET TOGETHER ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1ST AT TMSL'S YARN SHOP, "A STRAND OF PURLS" IN HICKORY?

Do you think that will get a response? :teehee:

wewantmore
11-13-2007, 06:21 AM

I have it on my calendar

lakeout
11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
12/1 Get-together in Hickory sounds great to me -- might I humbly suggest that you start a *new* thread, something like NC December get together?

I only check this thread occasionally, there's so much personal chatter. PLEASE don't take that wrong, just so many diverse posts that I never saw your original message.

ALSO, Shandeh, I'm sure I've seen you up on Ravelry. We've got a Lake Norman group (of which Laura, owner of A Strand of Purls, is a member). Please feel free to post get-together in that group also :)

Looking forward to meeting you.... never made it to Saff.

-Linda

Shandeh
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I have it on my calendar
Yay! :woohoo:

12/1 Get-together in Hickory sounds great to me -- might I humbly suggest that you start a *new* thread, something like NC December get together?
Looking forward to meeting you.... never made it to Saff.
I changed the title of this thread, so hopefully that will help to get attention. ;) (We usually post our get-togethers in this thread, so I'd better leave it here.)

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! :hug:

Eccie
11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
There is a yarn store in Hickory? I never knew that.

Shandeh
11-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Yes ma'am... tmsl (a member of our KH forum) just opened the shop this year!

Eccie
11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
That's great! Is there a website yet, or somewhere I can get directions? (Sorry if it's already been posted in this thread and i missed it)

Shandeh
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Here are the directions Laura (tmsl) gave us.

Directions from Hwy 321:
Turn onto 2nd Avenue (beside McDonalds - right turn if going North, left turn if going South.)

2nd will become a one-way street. Stay on this until you come to the intersection at Hwy 127 (main 4 lane road). Turn LEFT.

http://www.astrandofpurls.com/ (http://www.astrandofpurls.com/)
A Strand of Purls
2161 N. Center St
Hickory, NC
828-327-PURL (7875)

Eccie
11-14-2007, 12:26 PM

tmsl
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
HWY 127 is also 2nd St NE then changes to Center Street. google has a problem with that sometimes.

Can't wait to meet you guys!!!

Laura

wewantmore
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Laura I'm working on a Wine Cozy. :frog: I'm on the "icord" ridge. I think I've tinked it 3 times.

tmsl
11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Is it an I cord Bind off???

Mine is just a square that you pick-up stitches around and work in the round for so many inches. It is felted so very forgiving.

Laura

Howdovely
11-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh no!!! I will miss this too! I'll be in Raleigh that weekend!!!!! Argh!!!!!!! Would love to meet other knitters in person - I don't really know anyone else who knits, and sometimes I feel like I need a knitting buddy to stay on track!
Well, we'll have to keep planning these get togethers, and I will be sure to make it to one of them!!

Shandeh
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry you can't come, beekaync! :pout:

I'm sure we'll have another get-together soon. ;)

lestrella
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I won't be able to make it to this one either :verysad: .
At what time are you guys meeting anyway?

Lady Violet
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh no!!! I will miss this too! I'll be in Raleigh that weekend!!!!! Argh!!!!!!! Would love to meet other knitters in person - I don't really know anyone else who knits, and sometimes I feel like I need a knitting buddy to stay on track!
Well, we'll have to keep planning these get togethers, and I will be sure to make it to one of them!!

i know exactly how you feel. if you're coming to raleigh for "pleasure", you'll want to check out shuttles, needles, and hooks. they're on chatham street in cary, and they're open on saturday 10-4. it's a little old blue house that's really easy to miss if you're not looking for it. there's usually a handful of shoppers in there earlier in the day. it's completely packed with yarn (as in "falling off the walls" packed!), so there's not a ton of room for customers, but the ones who fit are great. i just love knitters. cloud9

Lady Violet
11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
does anyone know if the charlotte mall (i'm guessing south park) still has an ice rink? someone on ravelry asked if i knew and i told her i'd try to find out. TIA!

wewantmore
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
It's Eastland Mall that has the rink and I believe they are still opened.

Ok scratch that. I just asked Steven (he's there every week servicing some customers) he says it's closed down and it's all dirt now.

wewantmore
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I think there is one by the Northlake mall. Oh that might be a skating rink. I'll Blingo it real fast and update.

wewantmore
11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I guess not. I couldn't find one.

Lady Violet
11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
thanks for looking! i'll let her know.

tsmith
11-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Lady Violet,
Am I mistaken or is that a "sonic screwdriver" in your image? (Dr. Who fan?)

sheilaksp
11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome to all the new people on the list! I am mostly a lurker, I just post every down and then but I am here. I am in Fayetteville which is away from everyone else.

tmsl
11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Did you see Lady Violet's location?? I am not a Dr. Who fan, but my sister is and Gallifrey is a reference to Dr. Who.

Lady Violet
11-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Lady Violet,
Am I mistaken or is that a "sonic screwdriver" in your image? (Dr. Who fan?)

but of course! :teehee:

Lady Violet
11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome to all the new people on the list! I am mostly a lurker, I just post every down and then but I am here. I am in Fayetteville which is away from everyone else.

that's not that far away fron me. i go to fort bragg with my family sometimes for sunday brunch. in fact, i'm probably taking my grandfather down the day after thanksgiving (christmas jewelry shopping for my grandmother). it should be interesting! :teehee:

Howdovely
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!! I go to Raleigh very very often on the weekends, and hadn't yet looked for yarn shops. Will definitely check this one out.
I FINALLY just went to my first yarn store last week. It is called Common Thread in High Point, near where I work. Very nice there, and they had lots and lots of yarn to touch.

i know exactly how you feel. if you're coming to raleigh for "pleasure", you'll want to check out shuttles, needles, and hooks. they're on chatham street in cary, and they're open on saturday 10-4. it's a little old blue house that's really easy to miss if you're not looking for it. there's usually a handful of shoppers in there earlier in the day. it's completely packed with yarn (as in "falling off the walls" packed!), so there's not a ton of room for customers, but the ones who fit are great. i just love knitters. cloud9

Shandeh
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome, sheilaksp! :hug:

Shandeh
11-19-2007, 08:47 PM
does anyone know if the charlotte mall (i'm guessing south park) still has an ice rink? someone on ravelry asked if i knew and i told her i'd try to find out.
There is a brand new full-size ice skating rink in Indian Trail. It's used for the Charlotte Checkers practice rink, and is open to the public as well.
Here's the website:
http://www.xicenter.com/

Lady Violet
11-19-2007, 09:25 PM
thanks Sandy! :muah:
i'll let her know!

sheilaksp
11-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I go to Shutters, Needles and hooks at least once a month! If I get out of there for under $50. then something is wrong. Carol has all types and kinds of yarn and if you have a problem she will be more than glad to help you. It's an old house and she has it jammed packed with yarn and you have to look in all the cornors. You'll have fun!

sheilaksp
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
We go to the brunch at the office club alot! I doubt if we will go this weekend though. Not sure about our company. Where are you taking your grandfather jewerly shopping at? Rudy's has redone his place, I haven't been there since September but from what Rudy said it was going to be fairly high speed. Bigger for more people. I need to go but I get into trouble there!

Lady Violet
11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
the very first time i went to shuttles was actually the first time i could find it - i just told myself that if i couldn't find it by looking, i would stop and ask at the bead shop. that's what i did. turns out i heard the directions wrong or was told wrong and was looking at the wrong end of chatham! :teehee: anyway, the first time was right before i started my job so i was broke. it was a recon mission. ever since i apparently can't leave there without buying some mmmm. :rofl: at least i have a pattern for all the mmmm i've gotten. :thumbsup:

eta: my grandfather already went to the base for medicine without me and got "a little something" while he was there. no "day-after" retail! :cheering:

Howdovely
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I've had a change of plans on December 1 and might be able to make it over to Hickory! I was invited to a baby shower here, so depending on what time everyone will be in Hickory, I may be able to swing both and then just go to Raleigh after, or on Sunday instead.

Has there been a time set for the get together in Hickory?

Shandeh
11-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Yay! I'm glad you can come! :)

We haven't set a time yet. What would be good for the rest of you? I'm thinking maybe 1:00?

sheilaksp
11-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Question, How fair is the yarn store from Fayetteville! I am about 30 minutes from 95! I am about 2 miles from the Hoke County line! I am on the other side of Fayetteville! Also would need directions there if I can swing it! Thanks

Shandeh
11-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Question, How fair is the yarn store from Fayetteville! I am about 30 minutes from 95! I am about 2 miles from the Hoke County line! I am on the other side of Fayetteville! Also would need directions there if I can swing it! Thanks
Here's the website: http://www.astrandofpurls.com/ (http://www.astrandofpurls.com/)

A Strand of Purls
2161 N. Center St
Hickory, NC
828-327-PURL (7875)
When I looked on Google maps, it looks like it is about a 4 hour drive from Fayetteville. :shock:

Howdovely
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Here are the directions Laura (tmsl) gave us.

Directions from Hwy 321:

http://www.astrandofpurls.com/ (http://www.astrandofpurls.com/)
A Strand of Purls
2161 N. Center St
Hickory, NC
828-327-PURL (7875)

Do you know if it's between 21st Ave. NW and 22nd. Ave. NW, or is it after 22nd. Ave? I just like to have the crossroads so I know that I did indeed (as usual) pass it the first time.

I'm mapping out my route and putting it in the car so I don't forget it. Seems pretty easy, but I've never really been to Hickory before. Drove through it on the highways, but never actually in it.

Shandeh
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I wish I knew, but this will be my first time driving there also. Maybe Laura can help us out.

tmsl
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
The road right past us on the left is 22 Ave. NW. We are BEFORE 22 Ave. NW. The roads in Hickory are a little strange, so please call if you need to 828-327-7875.
I can't wait to see you on Saturday, I even dreamed about it last night!!!!
Laura

Shandeh
11-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks Laura! :muah:

Do we need to bring anything besides ourselves and our knitting?

Is everyone okay with us getting started at 1:00?

Howdovely
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
1:00 works for me. I'm flexible.

Thanks Laura! :muah:

Do we need to bring anything besides ourselves and our knitting?

Is everyone okay with us getting started at 1:00?

lakeout
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm going to have to meet y'all another time, company come up to visit us. Bummer!

Shandeh
11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry you can't come, Lakeout! :pout:

Thanks for being flexible, Beekaync! :hug:

I might be a bit early, because Doodknitwit and I are talking about riding in together. We haven't decided yet what time we want to go.

So, here's my list right now:
tmsl
Shandeh
beekaync
Doodknitwit
wewantmore

There are also a few who have said they MIGHT come:
sheilaksp
lizardknits

If anyone else is coming, just let us know! :muah:

Eccie
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Bleah If only this was on the 8th instead. Ah well. I'm only a half hour away or so I'm sure I'll be stopping in soon.

Shandeh
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry you can't come, Eccie! :pout:

I wouldn't be able to come if it were on the 8th, because we're having choir rehearsal that day.

We'll have another get-together in January, I'm sure. :wink:

SteveDallas
11-27-2007, 09:38 PM
The roads in Hickory are a little strange,
:rofl: This is the understatement of the year!! I grew up there & can hardly find my way around based just on an address. (It doesn't help that they keep building new streets in between my visits . . . . )

Doodknitwit
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
How about 11ish so we can all visit, knit and get home before it gets dark ..:blooby: thoughts?? :waving:

Howdovely
11-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Sounds good to me! Can we order in lunch from the ice cream place that's next door?? hee hee

How about 11ish so we can all visit, knit and get home before it gets dark ..:blooby: thoughts?? :waving:

Doodknitwit
11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
:eyes: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: YEAH BABY!!!

Shandeh
11-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I can't make it that early, because I have to take my hubby to the airport that morning. He's going to Vegas for the weekend. I think the soonest I can get there is 12:30 or 1:00. But you guys are welcome to start without me if you want. :wink:

wewantmore
11-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Sadly I won't be able to come. We are having Joseph's birthday party on Sunday and well I'm not all that prepared yet. :doh:

tmsl
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
For those that are coming on Sat., I can get hubby to pick up some lunch for everyone. There is a Firehouse Subs up the street if that works or pizza if you would rather have that. Let me know what you prefer so we can choose the place to order from.
Laura

Howdovely
11-28-2007, 03:02 PM
For those that are coming on Sat., I can get hubby to pick up some lunch for everyone. There is a Firehouse Subs up the street if that works or pizza if you would rather have that. Let me know what you prefer so we can choose the place to order from.
Laura

I'll do either, I'm pretty easy. I just don't do seafood.

Shandeh
11-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Sadly I won't be able to come. We are having Joseph's birthday party on Sunday and well I'm not all that prepared yet. :doh:
Aw bummer! We'll miss you, Michelle! :pout:

Laura
Thanks Laura. But, I'll have to stick with eating during the drive there, because I'm on a weird diet.

Doodknitwit
11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I'll eat before as well.
thanks

Howdovely
11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I will not be able to make it tomorrow. I am Flying to Florida first thing in the morning. My dad is not well and they have called in family.

Doodknitwit
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
:hug: :pray: Oh my!! I'm praying for your family!! Hugs

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Oh Brenda! :pout: I'll be praying for you and your family :heart:

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, I took my hubby to the airport this morning. I miss him already! :pout:

I'm gonna rest for a couple hours, and then I'll be on the road to Hickory. See you guys this afternoon! :waving:

Since several of us can't come, the definites now are:
tmsl
Shandeh
Doodknitwit

And I don't know if these will come or not:
sheilaksp
lizardknits

Doodknitwit
12-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi!! :waving:
Laura and her DH and sister welcomed my DD, DS and myself this p.m. The shop is so inviting!! Laura has a designer's eye which is evident in her shop. It is spacious yet warm. there's a seating area where you can be curl up on the sofa...comfortably browsing the patterns and knitting books. Another area with a large table and comfy chairs where you can sit and knit and gab.. She has a great :yay: selection of yarns and notions including some terrific knitting bags, needle carriers, books. It was only 1 hour or less from Charlotte.. and if you head up Hwy 321 there's not too much traffic!!!

We missed Shandeh!! She was groggy after her early a.m. airport trip and helping her DH pack...

Well knitters NC has another great yarn shop where the welcome mat is out!! Thanks Laura and Brian..a beautiful place to gather and be!!! :blooby: :blooby: :blooby:

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
I was DEFINITELY groggy! :sleepy:
I don't know what came over me. It was weird. I wonder if someone spiked my coffee this morning.

Anyway, long story short, I didn't get to go to the get-together! :pout: I'm sorry Laura and Doodknitwit! :verysad:

Last night, I was up until 3 AM, helping my hubby pack for Vegas, and we had to get up at 5:30 this morning. We went to the airport for him to catch his flight, and I finally got home at 9 AM. Next, I had my breakfast, checked email, then went back to bed. I set my alarm for 11 AM, and put the phone beside the bed in case my hubby called.

My phone kept ringing from stupid bill collectors. :hair: Then, my alarm started ringing. I kept hitting the snooze button, and was in a complete fog.

I continued hitting the snooze over and over again, in a dream state....finally waking completely at 1:30!!!! :wall: I still felt absolutely miserable. Probably from sleeping in 7 minute intervals for the past 2 hours! :teehee:

So, I called Doodknitwit to apologize. Then, my hubby called to say he landed in Vegas. Then I put the phone in the room across the hall, and closed that door. Next, I closed my bedroom door and laid back down....THIS time with the alarm turned off.

I ended up sleeping until 6:30 PM!! :shock:
I guess I really needed the rest. :???:

So, I apologize for missing the meetup. What a bummer! :help:

Next time, I won't schedule ANYTHING else on the day we plan.

Doodknitwit
12-02-2007, 12:25 AM
I missed you but...you evidently needed the rest.. We can do it again!!!

wewantmore
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Doing it again is a MUST. I so want to go. I might not have the funds til April (tax time :wink:)

We had Joseph's party. Today he turned 3. :clink:

tmsl
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Debbie & Lorie,
Thanks for your kind comments regarding the store. I really enjoyed meeting the 2 legged and 4 legged friends!! Hope your trip home was smooth.

I'm here Tues through Sat for the rest of the NC knitters, stop by any time, I would love to meet everyone!!

Have a great week.

Laura

wewantmore
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I have been a MESS today. I found out this AM that Samanta was injected with the recalled HIB vax last Wednesday. I have been so sick over this.

We were delaying her vaxs and the HIB I had down for her 6 month visit but decided to do it now just to save us some money. (we are short about a grand for our mortgage this month. money is so f'ing tight)

I'm so pissed at myself it's not even funny. :cry::cry:

Shandeh
12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
:heart: Poor Michelle! :heart:
You KNOW I'm praying, my friend. :pout: