PDA

View Full Version : Shandeh had fun learning more about spinning!

Shandeh
10-30-2006, 11:23 PM
I enjoyed my Spinning class at SAFF this past weekend! I learned that I make my yarn too thin. Everything I spin is laceweight, which is a good thing sometimes....I just don't want to do that ALL the time, you know?

I'll have to keep practicing so I can make thicker yarn now.

Liliyarn
10-31-2006, 12:42 AM
I will say, it looked as if everyone was having fun (with the exception of the sitting on the steps for hours on end. How on earth did you manage through that?!).

Shandeh
10-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I think my inner "glow" was making up for any physical discomfort I was experiencing. I was just SO excited to FINALLY be taking the spinning class. I wanted to take it last year, but the class was full, so I couldn't.

After waiting a year, I think I would have sat on a bed of nails to take the class! :teehee:

mullerslanefarm
10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
spinning lace weight gives you a lot of options for plying to a heavier yarn!

looks like you were having a blast!!

Shandeh
10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Hmmmm.. :thinking: THAT'S something to consider!

Today, I was able to spin thicker yarn for the FIRST time! Yay!

My grandmother's retirement center was having a fall festival today, and she asked if I would come and spin yarn during it. I considered it to be good practice time for me, and kept chanting in my head, "Make it thick.....Make it thick....." And it worked!

When I plied it, it turned out just right! :cheering:

FINALLY! I can make something besides laceweight! This actually looks like worsted weight to me! :)

photogirl72
11-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Yay!!! It looks really good! What are you going to make with that pretty yarn?

Shandeh
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Gosh, that's the hardest part! What to make, what to make? :??

photogirl72
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
LOL!!! Should I have said knit? :teehee:

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be beautiful. The yarn looks divine.

Doublereeder2
11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
WOW ~ It looks like you had a great time! Your yarn looks great too. And I must comment on the Group Spinning photo - what a fabulous shot! It brought a great big :sun: smile to my face.
I can't wait to get started on my spinning....

Shandeh
11-02-2006, 11:50 PM
WOW ~ It looks like you had a great time! Your yarn looks great too. And I must comment on the Group Spinning photo - what a fabulous shot! It brought a great big :sun: smile to my face.
I can't wait to get started on my spinning....

So nice to meet you, my friend! :hug:

You and I have a LOT in common. Music, Knitting, and now Spinning too!
:muah:

I looked at your website. You're right. Page-turning for a pianist is a LOT of work! (My hubby does it for me sometimes, and he's very good!)

Shandeh
11-02-2006, 11:50 PM
LOL!!! Should I have said knit? :teehee:
Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be beautiful. The yarn looks divine.

Thank you, my friend! :heart: