PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a different kind of knitted hat pattern

Bellalydia
10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
A friend of mine has this amazing knitted cat hat that someone made for her daughter. It looks like a helmet hat version of Max's wolf suit hood in "Where the Wild Things ARe" in that the ears are built into the the hat itself instead of being knit separately, or knit as picked up stitches on the side of the hat (like the kitty hat in Stitch 'n Bitch) The hat has a lot of form to it and I have been searching in vain for a similar pattern.

As I was nursing my baby to sleep last night I thought I could maybe make the pattern myself. I have never done my own so complicated, but I thought I could knit it sort of like how you knit a thumb into a mitten. I could slip one stitch onto a holder, then on the next round slip 2, next 3, then 2 then one (obviously I would be doing the same thing on the other side of the hat) Once I finished the hat part I could knit into the stitches on the holder and then decrease. I could even incorporate a fuzzy pink or white yarn here for the inside ear.

Does this make sense? Am I totally wacked and off base? I think I will use up some crap yarn and try a mini version, but any help, feedback or ideas you could give me would be appreciated! I promise to post the final product.

Lisa

Jan in CA
10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure how to help, but is this the kind of thing you want to do? Maybe this pattern can help if it is.

Official Kitty62 Hat (http://kittyville.com/knit/kitty_hat.html)