PDA

View Full Version : OT All in one printer

Petals
10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I've been thinking about replacing my old printer(15yrs) There are so many--a bit confusing. Just wondering if anyone has one that they really like. I really don't know what features to look for?? Any help??

Thanks.

Jan in CA
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Next one I get will probably be an all in one, too. My dad has an HP and it works great! I've always loved my HP's so I'll probably stick to them, too.

ecb
10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I got the 1200 HP Printer Scanner copier
the Cube like one
HATE it
it keeps working, but the ink cartiges never line up right, and paper jams as soon as the humidity reaches 45%
once it dies (or I chuck it through the window over the Desk)
I will get anouther one, but not sure what one I will get

nuf sed

ecb

brendajos
10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
we (and by that i mean Me) got my mother an HP PSC275 for her computer about 4 years ago and it still works great. it is ginormous but she likes it because she mostly understands it and can enlarge her counted cross stitch patterns herself. she still refuses to change the ink (even though i make her do it when she asks me to while i am at home....so yes, she knows how but doesn't think she does.) but other than that it works great for her.

I have a lexmark psc and i love it. It isn't as big as hers and certainly didn't cost as much since i was using my own money. i had problems with it at first because it wouldn't recognize the paper was in the machine. after calling them and speaking to a nice gentleman in India who severely tried my patience, he sent me a new box and i didn't have to send the other back. of course after that phone call i got it working but it was too late to turn the box around and they told me to just keep it. after about a year it finally tried my patience for the last time and i replaced it. haven't had a problem since.

of course now that i have said that it will break tomorrow.

:wall:

figaro
10-31-2006, 11:41 PM
We bought a HP 7310 All-in-One (scanner, printer, copier and fax) as my hubby has to fax papers for work. It works fine but I wish it would copy my old pictures a little better and print pictures better. I figure I will buy a picture printer later.

Marie-Louise
11-01-2006, 05:11 AM
We have a HP PSC 2110. I love it, the cartridges aren't very expensive for this model and it works well. I always scan my lace instead of making pictures. I scan everything that needs to be shown on the web. My paintings, ATC's, knitting and so on and so on....

RachelG
11-01-2006, 06:33 AM
We have a HP 1510 scanner/printer at work. Except for slight trouble aligning the cartridge, etc, it seems to work ok.

lizzitude
11-01-2006, 06:55 AM
We have an HP OfficeJet G85xi, and it has been a workhorse. It scans, prints, copies and faxes. I use it to print all my marketing materials and I love the flatbed scanner for scanning in recipes and knitting patterns from books . We've had it for almost 5 years with no trouble (knock on wood!). When it goes, we will definitely buy another all-in-one from HP. And they sell the cartridges at Costco which saves on ink.

misstialouise
11-01-2006, 07:42 AM
One thing we always take note of when looking for a new printer....

Cost of cartridges...

:D

Petals
11-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the info. I have an old HP now and haven't had any trouble with it. But, after I posted I went to Best Buy to do some comparison. I had them do photos and printed material. The Canon MP600 was very fast and had the best photos for that price range. Just scared to take the jump from the HP to Canon! After some research from PC Magazine, the new Canon seems to get high ratings. Now the confusion builds!!

nonny2t
11-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I dragged my feet at Jack getting an all in one as the man is THE gadget guy of all times and we have a closet full of computer graveyard stuff to prove it, but I have to say this is money well spent. We have an HP Officejet 7210 and the thing prints, copies, scans, faxes, downloads camera memory cards, prints pictures, the works. If you are willing to spend the bucks, this is definitely a great all in one.

Faye

JLC
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a cheapie Lexmark (scanner, copier, printer) from Walmart. Works fine for what I use it for. It would probably not be great "picture quality" but I always upload my digital pics to York Photo and get them that way. I like that mine just has one cartridge and it's $20 to replace. Works for me, but it depends on how great you need the quality to be. I think I paid $38 for it.

bjc1050
11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I have a Lexmark Print Trio X1100. Cost a little more than $38 about 4 years ago. Works great. Great print quality. Don't use it much for photos, but they're not too bad. Never any problems with it. When it's time to replace it, I'll probably get another Lexmark.

Stiney
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I have the HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier.

It works great, I got it free because I bought it during Apple's back to school deal (buy a computer, get up to a $100 rebate on a printer.)

Only gripes are that it's big, and the paper tray sticks out--my desk space is at a premium! :)