PDA

View Full Version : OT: The favorite thing to do for your anniversary

nonny2t
11-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Since my wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks, thought I would get ideas/suggestions etc on what your favorite thing to do is or a favorite way you once spent your anniversary. You single ladies and gents put in your two cents of your favorite date thingy if you like too!

Faye

Jessica
11-01-2006, 08:47 AM
I spent my one year anny at the drag strip and it was the best anny ever! I also went to a hockey game once, and that was awesome. He also took me roller skating once too. Hum... I sound kinda dorky.

nonny2t
11-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Jessica: Ok, the drag strip is ok and I love hockey and we have a minor league team a few miles away, but nada on the roller skating! :rofl: We would both probably break something important being old folks! :roflhard: Sounds like you had great fun!

BarbRude
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
We had a great dinner at a nice restaurant, we dressed up and then spent the night at a nice hotel. Very romantic and a nice change.

Barbar

Mulderknitter
11-01-2006, 09:58 AM
we dont have a lot of $ so on our anniversary, he brings the food home and I bring the desert and we watch a good movie. sounds boring, but we like it :heart:

nikic
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
My favorite things we have done was to go to a bed and breakfast. Another one was when I made dinner and we had chocolate fondue for dessert.

Jessica
11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Another fav. is get all dressed up in my best clothes and jewelry, bust out the good plates, and order cheap chinese take out. Doesnt cost much, but its romantic and fun. All dressed up and only one place to go....the bedroom!

rebecca
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh My! Let's see, we have had romantic dinners at home; sometimes we go out of town, right after we were married and funds were tight we would go to a little motel a few towns away just because it had a nice jacuzzi bath in which we drank sparkling graped juice by candlelight...one of my fave anniversary memories!
Another fun one...I leave a trail of clothing and rose pedals along the path to the bedroom or bath where candlelight, cheese and crackers and sparkling grape juice are found...oh, the big clue...a undies (or whatever strikes your fancy :eyebrow: )on the front door handle :eyebrow:
Oh, another thing...I send Lonnie things in the mail at work prior to such big occasions...letters, notes, panties, edible panties...all sorts of things.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head :wink:

nonny2t
11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I guess I never said what my favorite was. Up until 5 years ago, we didn't have two pennies to rub together, but you know what? I think when you love someone, it isn't what you spend but how you spend it! If we didn't have money to go out to dinner, I would make something nice at home. Ok, this is like really silly, but I got a huge thrill out of a carton of Ben and Jerry's a spoon and the couch. Nothing naughty, just sharing ice cream and talking!

Faye

knitaddict
11-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm not going to be *any* help at all, but my favorite thing to do on my anniversary is just BE with dh. In the past 10 years we've spent maybe 5 (and that's pushing it) anniversaries together because of the military. The most wonderful thing in the world to me is to just be at home having a special meal and spending time together. :)

Outside of that, the traditional movie & a dinner are nice - espcially when it's not something you get to do very often. :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Jan in CA
11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Too romantic makes me squeamish.. :shrug: We have gone to Disneyland for the day a few times and had a lot of fun. On our 25th DH planned a big surprise party at Olive Garden.

knitknitknit
11-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't have a DH yet, but my BF and I have gone to a bed and breakfast in New Hope, PA for our anniversary for the past two years.. It's only an hour drive from where we are and a nice change of scenery...

stitchwitch
11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm one of the weirdos that doesn't like to go out to fancy restaurants and all that stuff. My favorite anniversary was shared with a $6 cheese pizza on the back porch while sitting in adirondack chairs. I like the togetherness/connection stuff alot better than the fancy schmancy overly romantic stuff. I think my husband is just the opposite though. I'm kind of a tomboy anyway. Given the chance to go out or do something outdoorsy, I'll take the outdoorsy adventure anyday.

VickiIL
11-01-2006, 05:25 PM
As long as we managed to get alone...It has been a fabulous anniversary. With three kids it is rare we have been alone. We have had terrific anniversaries getting dressed up and going out to a nice place to eat or staying in the house with pizza and a movie! We rarely do gifts, it is just about being together.

gimmesanity
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I leave a trail of clothing and rose pedals along the path to the bedroom or bath where candlelight, cheese and crackers and sparkling grape juice are found...oh, the big clue...a undies (or whatever strikes your fancy :eyebrow: )on the front door handle :eyebrow:
Oh, another thing...I send Lonnie things in the mail at work prior to such big occasions...letters, notes, panties, edible panties...all sorts of things.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head :wink:

Becka! I didn't know you were such a dirty birdie! :eyebrow:

BinkyKat
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
For our 5th anniversary I ordered a small 6" cake frosted like our wedding cake with the squigglies and fancy edges and such and then took out oru little "wedding people" and put them on top when dh and i went out for fancy dinner. the waitress thought we were celebrating our 1st. She took our pics and I put the date on the outer box our "people" go in and will do so whenever they come out for an anniversary to commemorate the date. :heart:

mrs desert rain
11-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, there just isn't a lot going on out here in the woods of NM, but one of my favorite ways to spend an anniversary is at home -- just a simple dinner, grilled pizza or something, but with candlelight -- and at the damn table! We're both big sports fans (hockey, football and baseball), so we spend many nights rushing through dinner so we can watch the game. So linens and candlelight makes it special.

I also like to make him a homemade card -- nothing fancy. Just a few colored markers and a nice thick sheet of paper.

Shandeh
11-02-2006, 02:54 AM
My husband and I met 7 years ago online through Yahoo Personals. We both had 3 kids, and worked full-time, so we didn't know how we would ever find the time to meet in person.

We decided to meet in the middle of the night at a Huddle House restaurant (kind of like a Waffle House). It was a dark, stormy night (literally). We ate at the restaurant, then said goodbye in the parking lot. Our first kiss was in the rain. :hug:

For one of our anniversaries, we drove to that same Huddle House, and told everyone around us about how we had met there several years ago. I grabbed one of the napkins, and still have it in my keepsake drawer! :heart: