PDA

View Full Version : Lion Brand Organic Cotton Yarn

doyvicios
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Has anyone else heard of this> I tried to go to the Lion Brand website and couldn't find it. I did see in the lastest Vogue Knitting, so maybe it's due out by the winter?

Jan in CA
11-01-2006, 02:05 PM
I can get to the website okay. :thinking:

Lion Brand (http://www.lionbrand.com/)

knitaddict
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
:?? Hmmm. I don't see Organic Cotton either. If a new pattern is calling for it, it must be a new yarn that they're bringing out.

psammeadred
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
I hope they make some sportweight non-novelty wool and maybe bring back Cotton-Ease or some equivalent!

suzeeq
11-02-2006, 02:20 AM
They are going to bring back Cotton Ease, but don't think it's the same as Organic Cotton. Unless they've renamed it and since it's part acrylic, that's not too organic....

sue

psammeadred
11-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I did find this the other day. The site says it'll be available late November. Hope this helps!

http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_lion_brand_cottonease.cfm

suzeeq
11-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Oooh, prettier colors too, not quite so bright.

sue

doyvicios
11-03-2006, 10:39 AM
That yarn is really nice, thank you for the info. But I am not sure if anyone noticed the other new yarns from Lion Brand. They are way too expensive, for me anyways.

cara
11-03-2006, 11:21 AM
I just got my lionbrand newsletter in my email and it is alllllll about this new yarn. the pictures look really really soft and yummy!

Introducing the Masterpiece Collection

We are pleased to announce a new collection of yarns, hand painted exclusively for Lion Brand in the world's most exquisite and luxurious natural fibers. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced knitter, you'll want to own some of these yarns to create one-of-a-kind garments for yourself or for gifts that will be cherished for a lifetime.

Concerto: This 5-ply hand-painted 100% cashmere yarn is the ultimate luxury. It is a sensuously soft worsted-weight yarn that knits up so quickly on size 8 needles that it seems to knit itself. Concerto is perfect for scarves, hats, sweaters, and any gift that you want to be cherished for years to come.

Serenade: This fingering weight yarn knits up elegantly in delicate designs with cables and lace and is perfect for intricate patterns. The luscious hand-painted yarn is made with kid mohair and has a silk core, making it a pleasure to work. It knits up beautifully in delicate designs with cables and lace, and is absolutely ideal for intricate patterns.

Sonata: This exquisite combination of mohair and silk has a luxurious drape and feel. The silk gives the yarn a lustrous shine. The mohair adds an alluring halo of whispery soft fiber. A worsted-weight yarn, it can be used for anything from scarves and shawls to sweaters and coats. Also creates beautiful cables and lace. Hand-painted in beautiful multi-colors.

doyvicios
11-03-2006, 12:27 PM
OK, so the first and the last are 39.95 a skein and 19.95 for the middle. I heard that that is actually a pretty good price considering that the cashmere is 5 ply. I don't know, I'm sure it looks great once knitted. I'd like to see what patterns they attach to it though!