PDA

View Full Version : OT - I voted are YOU going to?

aineepooh1
11-01-2006, 02:39 PM
I voted early today because on tues the 7th I will be in class and then go to work so voting was out of the question.
I love being able to vote early. I get to voice my opinion just like everyone can!! :cheering: :cheering:
Are you going to VOTE on Tuesday? :?? :cheering:

aineepooh1
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT DENOTING THIS AS OT!!!

gimmesanity
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Yup, I'll be there on Tuesday. You can't complain if you don't vote, right? ;)

Jan in CA
11-01-2006, 02:58 PM
We voted over the weekend and mailed them in already!

I fixed the OT in your subject line. For future reference you can edit your posts and fix mistakes or add comments by clicking edit. To modify the subject line just edit the original post. :wink:

feministmama
11-01-2006, 02:58 PM
We have vote by mail in Oregon. I have my ballot all ready. Just gotta find time to sit down and do it. :oops:

nonny2t
11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Yep, we always vote. Living where I live, it doesn't do much good as I am from the opposite party as most of the folks, but we keep trying anyway! lol

Faye

brendajos
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
OMG FAYE! YOUR VOTE IS HUUUUUUUUUUGE THIS YEAR! HUGE i tell you! you are in one of those states that will cause me to bite my nails until the last possible vote is counted!

I will vote, and drive people to vote, and call people to vote, and after the voting is done I will be watching the ballot counting to make sure all the votes are counted. I love the process and while i understand why people get tired of it, i never do.

I have gotten into the habit in the last few years of taking election day off of work. it should be a holiday for everybody but i will fight that battle another time :teehee:

Stiney
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm voting (always do!) and I'm in an important state this year, too.

Hate both my candidates, though. :pout:

Brvfan
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
oh yes I am voting. It is so important this year for many reasons

Debby

CarmenIbanez
11-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I will vote, and drive people to vote, and call people to vote, and after the voting is done I will be watching the ballot counting to make sure all the votes are counted. I love the process and while i understand why people get tired of it, i never do.

Me too! I have been making calls. Which is awful, really. But my 14 year old son sits with me, and every person that hangs up on me, I just keep thinking, "It is important for him to see me do this!"

My dream is for everyone to vote. I don't even care who you vote for. We need to all VOTE!

brendajos
11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Well something tells me that we are going to pull an upset in the congressional races in this state that nobody saw coming.

okay well some people are seeing it coming. we are apparently having a visitor on Sunday who wouldn't be coming if there wasn't trouble. ;) :happydance:

whatta fun weekend this is going to be.

stitchwitch
11-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Ugh, elections. :grrr: I am so sick of hearing all the nasty campaign ads that I haven't even turned on the tv for weeks. My mailbox has also been bombed with nasty campaign pamphlets and the other day I came home to find some "candidate" visited me and left a post it note on my door while I was at my mother in law's funeral. I'll be glad when it's all over. I'm so over it. We teach our kids not to say bad things about people and here the ads are all over the tv and radio bashing the other candidates. Reminds me of elementary school all over again.

Vendie
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I can't vote this year, b/c I didn't register before the deadline. How nice would it be to be able to show up the day of, register, and vote?! Virginia's got a big senatorial race that I would love to vote in.

DoulaLyndsey
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Yep, we already voted on Sunday! :happydance:

bjc1050
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I'll be voting, too. I always do!

Jan in CA
11-01-2006, 07:26 PM
The TV campaign stuff IS annoying, but it's the phone spam that is driving me mad! :grrr:

SandraEllen
11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I also think that people should do everything they can to get out and vote, but I hate that people don't stress being an informed voter.

Please learn about the candidates you are voting for. I think it's better to sit at home and not vote than it is to make an uninformed decision.
<steps off of podium>

11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
The TV campaign stuff IS annoying, but it's the phone spam that is driving me mad! :grrr:

:!!!:
OMG, I totally agree. I got 4 phone calls yesterday all asking the same question. I just hate this time of year. I told my hubby that in the next election I'm going to change our phone number and make it unlisted!!

The phone rang tonight and I just hit the speakerphone and there was that annoying pause where you know it's a telemarketer, I'm like, Hello?? and then I yell, HEY! Into the phone, :roflhard: turns out it was Medronic calling about my hubby's medical supplies!! :aww: I apologized profusely and then she told me she got 3 phone calls yesterday too.

CRAZY!!!

We also got 7, yes 7 stupid pieces of junk election mail today. Don't they know that most people don't even read those things??

And these ads, my god, I change the channel everytime one comes on, which is every 3 seconds. :hair:

Okay, rant over with... :!!!:

figaro
11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
I just recieved my absentee ballot and OH MY GOSH! There are 49 different things I am supposed to vote on! It boggles my mind on how am supposed to decide who, what and which way I am supposed to vote? :?? :shrug: There there are the "Voter Information Guides" (not the official one but the ones that want you to vote this way or that way) I also received, but they do not cover all 49, they maybe cover 10-15 so I am still confused. Without reading the pages, pages and even more pages of all the stuff, I am so confused! :wall: Right now I am just happy that I do not have to make these decisions standing at the polling place!

Stiney
11-01-2006, 10:43 PM
It boggles my mind on how am supposed to decide who, what and which way I am supposed to vote? :?? :shrug:

However you think is right!

And a lot of good resources are on the internet for what the issues are. There's a lot of fluff on the candidate sites, that doesn't say anything, but there's usually something telling. That's how I knew as an informed voter that I was sticking to my party line (Democrat) and not wavering--I would, if say, John McCain ever ran for something I could vote for (ie got past the primaries. Or moved to Jersey to run.)

mrs desert rain
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
We have vote by mail in Oregon. I have my ballot all ready. Just gotta find time to sit down and do it. :oops:

Gosh, I miss that about Portland.

This is my first voting season in NM... but, heck yeah! I plan to vote. I LOVE to vote. :)

sittenknitten
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
DH and I both voted last week, by mail. So much more convenient than driving down to the local polling site and standing in line! I've voted by mail for the last 8 or 9 years. We also have early voting here in CO, you can vote early in person at lots of places, from the county clerk's office to the local mall.

The nice thing about getting your ballot in the mail is that you can sit by the computer and look up issues that you aren't sure about while pondering the ballot.

I think every election is important. The mud slinging is really annoying, but it's kind of fun to listen to if AFTER you've voted! Kind of a "neener, neener" reaction.

figaro
11-02-2006, 12:41 AM
cawtheraven, I am just confused as there is 49 things to vote on, I just can't beleive that there is so much right now. Then there are all the ads-UUUGGHHH! These people saying this would be the right thing then those people saying no if it passes then this would happen!? We have issues here regarding the airport, roads, the local hospital, college, cigarettes, and that is not even one side of my ballot! Ok, must back away from the ballot right now, nothing but confusion setting in when I look at it. (the funny thing is I thought I was prepared for it!)

horve1
11-02-2006, 08:28 AM
I am SOOOOOOOOO going to vote! But what is going to make me feel so amazingly good is that my 18 year old son will be going with me to cast his very first vote! Makes me feel like I've done something right over the years. :woot:

nonny2t
11-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I have been voting for 35 years and they STILL haven't figured out it irks people to see slamming ads all the time. I hate the darn things. I guess I haven't gotten phone calls because I put our home AND our cell phones on the national do not cal list, but the mail the mail why all the mail????

We have a dirty senate race going on right now and I am about fed up with it.

Faye

cookworm
11-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Ugh, elections. :grrr: I am so sick of hearing all the nasty campaign ads that I haven't even turned on the tv for weeks.

I feel the EXACT same way!!!! Why can't people just outline what their vision is if they get elected, or if they're already in office seeking another term, to tell about the things that they accomplished while in office? We can say things all day long about how horrible the other candidate is. The thing is, no one person can represent 100% of the people...it's impossible as we all have different values and opinions, so somebody will always find negative things to say. I could never be a politician because I'd be so paranoid somebody would dredge some dumb teenage thing I did up from the past and embarrass my whole family! :noway: :rofl:

Stiney
11-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Ugh, elections. :grrr: I am so sick of hearing all the nasty campaign ads that I haven't even turned on the tv for weeks.

I feel the EXACT same way!!!! Why can't people just outline what their vision is if they get elected, or if they're already in office seeking another term, to tell about the things that they accomplished while in office?

Because no one would vote for them then. ;)

Sara
11-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm voting! I'm just so darn happy that this election season is almost over. I'm exhausted. Between political committee meetings, hosting a luncheon, school campaign activities, and door-to-door canvassing, I'm getting a little burnt out. :passedout:

The good thing is that the race is looking good for our candidates. :cheering: But anything can happen... :wall:

Tuesday night we'll be making phone calls to our Dems who haven't shown up at the poll yet. And offering rides and babysitting.

It's too bad the ticker thing won't count down the minutes until it's over. :teehee:

aineepooh1
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow!!I didn't know that someone would WILLINGLY drive me to vote! How cool is that if you can't drive or are elderly?
Thanks to everyone who replied! Thanks also for editing my post!!(OT)
I am just glad that we have the opporutnity to voice our opinion because some people CAN"T!.. even though the mudslinging is unprofessional, nasty and totally UNCOOL!! :grrr: :??
Now we just have to wait and see what happens on tuesday!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

psammeadred
11-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I wish we had mail-in ballots in my state...but you know what? I shouldn't be complaining. I should be thankful that I live in a country where a young single woman who doesn't own land (yet) can have a say in her state's and her nation's government. As much as I dislike America in some things, I am blessed to live here.

geekgolightly
11-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I just recieved my absentee ballot and OH MY GOSH! There are 49 different things I am supposed to vote on! It boggles my mind on how am supposed to decide who, what and which way I am supposed to vote? :?? :shrug: There there are the "Voter Information Guides" (not the official one but the ones that want you to vote this way or that way) I also received, but they do not cover all 49, they maybe cover 10-15 so I am still confused. Without reading the pages, pages and even more pages of all the stuff, I am so confused! :wall: Right now I am just happy that I do not have to make these decisions standing at the polling place!

thats exactly why we did absentee voting. that and we are pissed off that computerized voting didn't drown itself after the 2002 election.

brendajos
11-03-2006, 10:58 AM
you know, I just got the election law stuff sent to me the other day to go over before election night and i was scanning it last night. There is a law on the books in this state, that says that each voter has a time limit of five minutes to fill out their ballot. We still do paper ballots mostly and they are fill in the circle. if we had that many initiatives and amendments on our ballots there is NO way someone could spend only five minutes in the booth.

And our booths are always a row of like 5 booths that are all attached to each other. Every movement someone in the booth makes rocks the booth ....it always nauseates me when i am voting.

Kirochka
11-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I can't tell you how much I miss the voting machines in NY! I LOVED flipping the little switch thingies and pulling the lever, and I love that clunking sound it makes! DH doesn't even know what I'm talking about when I talk about those. (I never knew the entire country didn't use those until I left NY.) Man, I miss those! In our district here they have the fill-in-the-circles ballots that then get fed into an electronic reader.

I was going to post something to this thread yesterday but it turned into bile and screaming so I resisted hitting "Submit"! I just can't wait until this is over. Election days are too hard on my nerves...

... but even though we live in a district that's so heavily Republican that there aren't even Democratic candidates for most local seats (reminds me of the years I lived in the Soviet Union :grrr:), we would never not vote. As psammeadred said, we are incredibly lucky to live in a country where we have the right to vote - people have died fighting for that right in other countries, and we're being told that our soldiers are fighting and dying in other countries too to give them that right (and protect our own). Whether or not you buy that explanation for why they're there (I don't), if you do and yet you don't vote here... well, all I can do is :?? :pout: :-x

bjc1050
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
When we lived in rural WV in 1996, ballots were collected in a trash can. Didn't give me much faith that the votes were actually counted. Don't know if they have modernized yet.

brendajos
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
When we lived in rural WV in 1996, ballots were collected in a trash can. Didn't give me much faith that the votes were actually counted. Don't know if they have modernized yet.

:rofl: and we wonder why people think their vote doesn't count! ;)

11-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey, how come some of you can get your ballots sent to your house and not have to stand in a mile long line, then go into this strange booth and try and figure out how to fill in the appropriate boxes??

Back home, WI, you went in with a voting ticket and they had a black marker, you then were able to clearly read which line to fill in and you were done; out here it's this scary booth with a handle to pull down and man oh man, I liked it better back home.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm not that stupid. :teehee:

I would love to vote at home. That would be so much less stressful...

AND another thing, We're on the National DO NOT CALL list and I'm getting 3-4 phone calls a day. What the heck???

brendajos
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Do Not Call list doesn't count for Surveys, Not for Profit businesses, and Politicians. Everybody was soooooooo excited about the DNC list and never once really looked at what they were getting with that bill.

Voting at home is basically just absentee voting. A Lot of states don't require you to have a reason for absentee voting beyond "because i wanna."

Jan in CA
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey, how come some of you can get your ballots sent to your house and not have to stand in a mile long line, then go into this strange booth and try and figure out how to fill in the appropriate boxes??

I don't know what state you are in doglover, but I think most everyone can get an absentee ballot now. It makes it a lot easier. ;)

11-03-2006, 03:34 PM

I don't know what state you are in doglover, but I think most everyone can get an absentee ballot now. It makes it a lot easier. ;)

I'm in CT. :verysad:

How do I go about getting the absentee ballots???

TIA :heart:

brendajos
11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
County Election commissioner is usually who handles it. They may require you to mail in a request and then they will mail you the ballot when that time comes. just depends on your election laws. County election commissioner is the place to start.

but....ummm...i would consider waiting a few weeks at this point.

nadja la claire
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I'll be voting. I'm a very opinionated person and I like to let politions know how I feel. If you don't vote they won't hear you. I can't wait to see the end of these god awful commercials where the opposing canidate is either the closest thing to Hitler or Osama bin Ladin's best friend.

Nadja xxx

Stiney
11-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I just went to my town hall back when I was in college. Said I needed an absentee ballot, and they mailed me paperwork. It was nice and easy. I don't know if this is "official protocol" or not. When I walk in to town hall, the secretary greets me with, "How're your mom and Grandpa?" and tells me to say hi to them.

You need to do it a while before an election, though. They're usually due at least a week before the actual election date, so they have time to count the votes. Plus, a lot of absentee ballots are for Americans living overseas (military, etc.)

geekgolightly
11-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm in CT. :verysad:

How do I go about getting the absentee ballots???

TIA :heart:

http://www.sots.ct.gov/ElectionsServices/absentee.html

its too late this time round, but next time, make life easier and just do this. we got to look things up on the net and decide to vote one way or the other in a much more informed manner.

stitchwitch
11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Ugh! Some goon just sat outside my door ringing the bell and knocking. She then proceeded to stuff a bunch of political pamphlets in my doorjam. GO AWAY! It's pretty bad when you live in a gated community and some fool parks their car outside of the gates and proceeds to bother innocent people with their political drivel. :grrr:

brendajos
11-03-2006, 04:17 PM
It's pretty bad when you live in a gated community and some fool parks their car outside of the gates and proceeds to bother innocent people with their political drivel. :grrr:

:noway: :wall:

11-03-2006, 05:09 PM
County Election commissioner is usually who handles it. They may require you to mail in a request and then they will mail you the ballot when that time comes. just depends on your election laws. County election commissioner is the place to start.

but....ummm...i would consider waiting a few weeks at this point.

Thanks for the help!

I figured it was too late to do it for this election, but I'm gonna do it for the next one. It'll probably take them that long to get it to me anyway. :roll:

stupid connecticut

Stiney
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
stupid connecticut

Hear, hear! Connecticut is evil.

brendajos
11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Okay you seriously need to move because it drives me crazy every time I see you write that kind of thing. :verysad:

amy
11-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Ra Ra Ra, Vote Vote Vote!!!

I'm signed up to volunteer to call voters tonight in swing states, and encourage them to vote. So if some random-number caller interrupts your dinner to call you for such a thing this weekend, please be nice to them. :flirt:

11-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Okay you seriously need to move because it drives me crazy every time I see you write that kind of thing. :verysad:

Sorry about that, :pout: I try to keep my opinion about this place to myself, but there are just some times that I have to vent it out. Plus, in my first or second response I purposely left my state out so I wouldn't make you crazy, but someone kinda asked what state I was in, so that's why I told you. AND I did make the print really small. :teehee:

You guys/gals are my outlet for letting off steam about this place. Plus we are trying to move to NY, but it's just so much more expensive than here, that's why we've stayed as long as we have. Hubby starts his sales position in a couple of weeks so hopefully with the extra cash we'll be able to save up and maybe buy our first house...wishful thinking.

At least I changed my avatar, it's not as negative as the last 2. :rofl:

Again, I'm sorry if I've bothered you with my complaining. Maybe I should post less. :thinking:

11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
stupid connecticut

Hear, hear! Connecticut is evil.

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
11-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Again, I'm sorry if I've bothered you with my complaining. Maybe I should post less. :thinking:

I think it just hits a nerve with people who actually do like CT. Kind of like people who love Homespun having to hear how so many call it evil. Just take it easy on controversial topics and you'll be fine. Keep posting! :hug: :hug:

brendajos
11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
The thing is that I have lived somewhere that I hated before so I understand it. It is why I moved back this direction....it was making me utterly pissy living there so I hate seeing people hating where they live. And i really really love Connecticut. It isn't home but it feels like to me a bit so I do get touchy about it. But more than anything...life is too short to be unhappy about the place you lay your head each night! :pout:

11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Okay, done. I won't post any more on these boards. I thought this was a place where I could voice how I felt. I guess I was wrong.

I can't believe that someone would take my own personal negative experiences living here as a personal attack to them?? That makes no sense to me at all, but have it your way.

If someone told me they hated living in Wisconsin, I would chalk that up as they are having a terrible experience living there and would feel bad for them having to stay in a place that they hated. I wouldn't tell them to 'take it easy' on their venting just because I once lived there.

And to all those I have offended with my hating this place, I sincerely apologize.

aineepooh1
11-04-2006, 03:28 AM
D0G LOVER!! i SENT YOU AN EMAIL TO YOUR ACCOUNT!! PLEASE READ
:hug: :hug:

stitchwitch
11-04-2006, 08:39 AM
:hug: For what it's worth I HATE FLORIDA! I'm a native, hate the place with a purple passion but am forced to live here because of my husband's business. I can fully appreciate having to live somewhere you hate and becoming bitter over it. Moving isn't an option for me because although I hate Florida, I hate living under a bridge in a cardboard box more. My husband had the business prior to our marriage and it ain't goin' away anytime soon so I just deal with it.
What's funny is to see people's faces when I tell them I don't like living here. Usually their response is something like "but why, it's like being on vacation all year long." This usually comes from someone who doesn't live here but is here on vacation. :roflhard:
Chin up, hopefully you'll be in someplace you like soon.

dustinac
11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
living in OH I can't wait for Tuesday to be over :teehee: its getting crazy here with the ads on tv and my phone rang off the hook yesterday.. some times it doesn't ring and then I have voice messages.. I really wish you could have your # taken off those lists cause when you are trying to do things they do get annoying... esp since Aug we have been getting them and lately really really bad... :teehee:

doglover, I know Brendajos ( :hug: ) didn't mean for you to leave the forum.. she just wants you to be happy where you are.. I'd love to go back home (WV) but can't so I know how it can feel not to like where you are at... I've become more use to it.. and I'd prolly like it if I didn't miss WV so much :rofl: ....she was just wishing a happy life for you in a state you would want to be... :hug:

janelanespaintbrush
11-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh doglover, please stay. I think we all know that brendajos is an incredibly caring and thoughtful person who would never intentionally hurt your feelings or want you to leave. (Just as I'm sure you never intended your original comment to hurt anyone else's feelings.)

It's always amazed me that there is so little conflict on this board compared to the one DH frequents, which even though it's supposed to be about music, is rife with political divisiveness. Whether or not we like where we live (and I suspect the grass is naturally greener on the other side), it pales in comparison to the fact that we are incredibly fortunate to be members of this very unique and supportive community, which though founded on a common passion, offers so much more than knitting help. You're an important contrubitor to this forum, doglover, and it would be everyone's loss if you left. :hug: :heart: :hug: :heart:

KellyK
11-04-2006, 12:44 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

figaro
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Doglover, please don't go, I can fully understand not being in love with where you live. I am in San Diego County and you would think that I needed to be put in the insane asylum for saying I can't wait to move outta here! I am from CA but waaaayyy up north, almost in Oregon and they have actual weather there. It rains quite a bit, it is not always sunny and 75 degrees so I learned to appreciate it up there. There was also waaaayyy less people, traffic, and then there are the mushroom houses that are on postage stamps here. When you drive on the highways here, most of the landscaping is brown or if it is green, you can see the sprinkler heads. I'm sorry, I just don't like it, I love my neighborhood and will miss the people but not much else. That is why I can't wait to sell our house and move back east. Although I have never even been there, I can't wait for it. My husband goes there all the time for work and he knows me and tells me that I will love it there. I know there are other people here that live here and if you like that is great, you really should like where you live.

Oh, and I voted, now I just need to get a stamp and mail it in. I can't wait for the elections to be over so all those signs will get removed, to me it is just visual garbage?

Quiltlady
11-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I certainly WILL be voting next week too!! I also dislike the slamming ads on tv. They get nastier every election.

I don't get any phone calls either since I'm also registered for NO solicitation calls. :wall:

cheesiesmom
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Ivoted last week 'cause I'm old and get to vote by absentee ballot in Michigan. But, I just want to remind you all that regardless of your political bent, or how many ads you've had to watch/listen to, how much campaign literature has been stuffed in your mailbox/door jamb, it is your sacred, solemn duty to VOTE!!! If you don't vote and don't like the outcome, too bad; you didn't vote. We don't want to hear your complaints if you didn't vote.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

It's your citizen duty.

Ingrid
11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
I plan to vote. I would like the 15 recordings that called me today to know that I already am aware that Tuesday is Election Day, and I do know where my polling place is.

I can't imagine how many are going to be calling tomorrow!

NYcarrie
11-06-2006, 01:43 AM
I am not only voting, but I am volunteering as a poll monitor also. In fact, I am going tomorrow to fill out an absentee ballot because Tuesday I will be in Waterbury, CT (yep, another CT resident here!) trying to make sure that everyone in the town who wants to vote and is eligible to vote gets to.

It is probably too late to volunteer for this election cycle, but I encourage everyone to think about volunteering for the next election. If nothing else, it is very informative about the many good things and the many bad things about our election systems.

In 2004, I lived in NYC, and none of our raced were close, so I worked a non-partisan call-in hotline where people could ask questions or report problems on election day. It was a real eye-opener. I was taking calls from Texas, South Carolina, and Kentucky mostly. Things I saw included the entire state of Texas forgetting to add people who registered to vote at the DMV to the voter rolls, so that everyone who registered at the DMV showed up to vote and their name wasn't on the list. There were so many missing names that some districts ran out of absentee ballots. I also got lots of calls about really shocking dirty tricks being played by one or the other of the local political parties accross the states (and I got calls complaining about BOTH parties! No one more than the other!).

Another bad one was one town in South Carolina where the people running the polling place shut the voting down at 8 p.m. and told everyone who was still in line (about 50 people) that they were too late and should go home. South Carolina law says that the polls close at 8 p.m. but that means you have to be IN LINE TO VOTE at 8 p.m., not that you have to cast your vote by 8 p.m. So 50 people were illegally denied the right to vote, and tht was just in that one town!

This year since CT is such a close state, I'm volunteering on the homefront as a poll watcher. Nobody in CT better be breaking any election laws!

dustinac
11-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I plan to vote. I would like the 15 recordings that called me today to know that I already am aware that Tuesday is Election Day, and I do know where my polling place is.

I can't imagine how many are going to be calling tomorrow!

:rofl: :roflhard: we had this too.. but since the 13th day we have had reminders... Only 13 days till election... only 11 days till election... :!!!: we do know this on our own... and last night during extreme makeover while watching them reveal the house to the family we had the ugly ads take over right in the middle and was returned to them in the heart garden .. if it was the people telling their goals I wouldn't have minded as much but being nasty about the other person is getting old :grrr: :teehee:

Stiney
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Help! Help! Voter Suppression! (http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/index.html)

(I love Get Fuzzy. :rofl: )