PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Trends alpacas & llamas pattern - yarn?

jolenel
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I just ordered the Fiber Trends alpacas & llamas stuffed animal pattern. I'm planning on putting in a yarn order over the weekend, and the pattern won't be here by then...but I'd love to buy the yarn in this order too.

Does anyone know how much yarn it takes to make these little guys? And does anyone have suggestions on what yarn to use?

I have to admit, making a stuffed alpaca out of alpaca is very tempting! :heart:

Thanks bunches in advance!

Ingrid
11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't know if alpaca will felt tight enough for these guys. I bought the pattern and did knit one, but I never finished it--you know, that seaming thing. :shifty: I used WOTA for it since it's inexpensive and felts so well.

The pattern does say you can use alpaca, wool, llama or mohair, but to test felt a swatch to make sure it's firm.

"Any weight yarn may be used, or use 2 or 3 strands together for larger animals. Using mulitple strands in different shades can give your animal a more natural looking coat"

Yardage: Worsted weight: 165 main color and 15 yds. black
Bulky weight: 185 yds. mc, and 20 yds. black

Needles:

Light worsted or DK - US 10 (6mm)
Heavy worsted 10 1/2 (6.5mm)
Bulky US 11 (8mm)

jolenel
11-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the help, Ingrid! Now I know what to add to my Knitpicks order...as though I need more to add! :roflhard: