PDA

View Full Version : Julia Roberts to do a knitting movie

hedgehog
11-02-2006, 10:29 PM
:cheering: I'm actually interested in seeing something like this... :)

Julia Roberts Busy on Friday Night
by Natalie Finn
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 05:28:03 PM PST

Since she helped make knitting chic again, it's only fair that Julia Roberts gets the chance to spin a good yarn.

The Oscar winner, who incidentally was one of the first celebs spied knitting between takes before it became "the latest thing," has signed on to star in The Friday Night Knitting Club, Daily Variety reported Thursday.

Roberts' Red Om production company will also share producing duties on the Universal drama, based on an upcoming novel by Kate Jacobs about a single mom who runs a Manhattan knitting shop where the regulars gather once a week, Steel Magnolias-style, to chat about life and work on their latest projects.

Building an indomitable support system in the process, we assume.

While Roberts has taken time off from the joys of motherhood to lend her voice to The Ant Bully and present pal George Clooney with the American Cinematheque Award last month, Phinnaeus and Hazel's mom has been largely absent from theaters since Ocean's Twelve.

Pretty Woman fans will be happy to hear then that The Friday Night Knitting Club is just one of three projects in the works for Roberts.

She's currently in Morocco shooting the political drama Charlie Wilson's War, costarring Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman, and was recently tapped to star in the film version of the memoir Eat, Pray, Love, which Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy will adapt for the big screen.

But first, another Roberts teaser: Charlotte's Web, with the actress voicing the sage title character, hits theaters Dec. 20.

original article (http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=d524dae5-ef71-4040-adbe-56a08c77f1ac)

Friskums
11-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I've always love Julia Roberts. ^_^

Can't wait to see this. :happydance:

humblestumble
11-03-2006, 12:19 AM
awesome :D

Quiltlady
11-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Sounds like it will be a good movie. I'll be there!

Stiney
11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
When's the movie going to be released? Sounds like Amy will have to get more server space for all the new knitters starting after they see the movie. :teehee:

RachelG
11-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Amy's not the only one! I don't 'get' the technical terms, but I've been told KPC takes up an impressive amount of bandwidth PER DAY.

I feel for Amy...KH undoubtedly takes up much more!

Sounds like an interesting movie...

ChroniclesofYarnia
11-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Am I the only one who hates Julia Roberts' husband stealing self? Never got the appeal, and I was an adamant hater after she pulled her stunts a couple years back. Blech. Why couldn't it be anyone else? There are lots of cool Hollywood knitter who can actually act. :wall:

Sara
11-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I can't stand her either. Sorry guys! :shrug:

geekgolightly
11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
love her. im super excited about the movie.

Stiney
11-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I like her okay, but whether or not I like her, if this movie is succesfful it's going to make knitting HUGELY popular--way more than Stitch'n'Bitch did.

There is the slight possibility it will flop, but it sounds like it will be wildly popular. Julia Roberts plus heart-warming tale of friends brought together by a common interest.