View Full Version : Booga Bag

11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I want to start knitting a booga bag.
I was wondering if there is any yarn that I could use other then the nory kureyon.
Are there any good felting yarns sold at Michaels and or walmart???
Another question..
If I want the bag to look like the noro kureyon yarn, will I have to change yarn color every so often to make the blocks of color. I'm scared that If i buy yarn that changes color from Michaels it will change too often and not make the thick layers of color.
Not sure if that makes sens hehehehe
Thank anyway

11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Michael's may sell Paton's Soy Wool Stripes, which felts and which stripes similar to Noro, I think. If you want to do the striping yourself, you can use Paton's Classic Merino, and that's usually available at Michael's too.

11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
You can find good yarn to felt -----i like plymouth wool (out back is reasonable priced most places)---especially if you don't insist on self striping.....I have used the booga pattern for solids and variegated yarns and am always please with the results.

11-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking about making a Booga Bag with Lambs Pride wool in a few different colors and just randomly striping it as I go along....I could just carry the colors along the WS, I think, because they would just felt right it. Otherwise I might get some more Patons SWS in the Natural Plum or Natural Green (or both....why not?) and work with that.

11-04-2006, 09:43 AM
That sounds great....I have used Lamb Pride wool for felting and it felts beautifully ......just be carefull....it felts a little more quickly than some wools I have tried....