PDA

View Full Version : Do the socks/booties stay on?

Mom2Rebecca
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I have yet to find a pair of socks that stays on my 4 1/2 month old DD. Is there a pattern for a pair that will stay on?
TIA
Jessica

candicane
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I am guessing not. Until my daughter was one the only thing that held the sockss on were Robeez or Soft Star moccasins. The moccasins were the best, because they had a shearling lining to keep her little feet toasty.

Candice

gardenmommy
11-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I have to put tights on my 1-year-old DD, there is no way I can keep socks or shoes on her, she just takes them right off. There is a pattern for footed longies in EZ's Knitter's Almanac I am tempted to try. Otherwise, try making the socks a lot longer, almost thigh-high!

Jan in CA
11-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I found only one type of bootie that stayed on my daughters. They were cuffed and the cuff was knit fairly tight, but it was wasn't constricting by any means. If I remember correctly the cuff was ribbed and had this small puff design on the edge. I didn't knit then so I don't know exactly how it was done.

If you're thinking about knitting something you might try experimenting with the patterns here. I was thinking if you ribbed the top on a smaller needle size it might work. I have no grandkids to knit for yet so I haven't tried it.

Seamless baby booties (http://megan.kiwi.gen.nz/SeamlessBootee/)

projectgal
11-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I second the Robeez (or Robeez style). They are the only thing that I found that worked. Target even now has their own version of the leather shoes in their baby department.

You could knit cute socks then add the Robeez.

Julie
11-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I heartily recommend these (http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C17%7C1%7C156%7C45%7C8%7C%7C&simg=30611_H86)...I absolutely choked as I forked over the $$ because I am soooo thrifty, but omg, they are so so so awesome. Never came off once. I bought the next size up too. Worth every single cent. I can't rave enough about them. :D