PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!

DragonTush
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I think I'm in :heart: . Check out this yarn. My LYS has ordered some in and those colours on the website are telling me I need to go in and buy some ( this from the woman who swore up and down that she would NOT have a stash :teehee: ..Yeah right. )

http://www.sheepshopyarn.com/default.asp?p=home

KellyK
11-04-2006, 01:22 PM
What do you mean "no stash"?? I dont understand... :??

That looks alot like MMMmmmalabrigo... YUMMY!

XbelovedXoneX
11-04-2006, 01:51 PM
:drool:

stitchwitch
11-04-2006, 01:57 PM
It's bad to eat yarn, right?
The colors are calling me......"lori, buy me, buy me!" :rofl:

rebecca
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Yummilicious!
LOL, what?! I canNOT speak that language...did I hear something about not having a yarn stash?! Surely I didNOT! Ya'll let me know, translate for me, as I said, I don't speak that language :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

Nikki
11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Dear Tushy,
You've come to the right place to cure that horrible "no stash" problem. Stick with KH and you'll have a stash. How do I know? Once, before KH, I too decided I didn't want a bunch of that yarn stuff just hanging about. I was going to buy enough yarn to knit one thing at a time and when it was done, then I'd go on another yarn crawl. Not only do I have a stash, I am now a knit ho that will start various projects and in my spare time I dream of more storage space. Oh and don't bother trying to stay away from here. That won't work either. :rofl:

snowbear
11-04-2006, 04:39 PM
hello, my name is snowbear... and I'm a yarnaholic..... :cheering: I wasn't going to have a stash either... (that lasted 1 week a new record) In the 2 yrs I've been knitting, I don't even want to think of how much I have & where it all is... Life is to short to be w/out yarn at the ready access. my blood pressure has dropped as has my weight, so my Dr. actually wrote me a perscription for yarn & knitting, lol gotta love a Dr. like that...

ecb
11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I just learned how to do Cables, so i went to my LYS and got a set, and a couple balls of yarn I did not need, and a NICE set of needles i probably COULD do without but my set is not as nice
i waled up to the register and told my buddy behind the counter "Hi, my Name is elizabeth and"
and she said in unison with me "I am a knit-a-holic"

I think we understand here

ecb

feministmama
11-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Wow are there more companies exporting wool from Uruguay or is it me? I remmeber waaaaay back when, Malabrigo was the ony thing going from Uruguay. Now it seems like there a bunch of places that have set up shop. I think these folks know how addicted we are and are flooding the market :??

DragonTush
11-05-2006, 02:58 PM
:oops: I'm well on my way to having a stash..it is growing mysteriously and I'm already trying to find ways to hide exactly how much yarn I actually have.

Tricks I have learned..

1. Spread it out. If he only sees a ball or two at a time he'll never realize there is more.

2. Never bring him to the yarn store when purchasing the two skeins you told him you were buying...that way you can buy four, hide two in the van until he goes to work, THEN bring in the other two balls and strategically place somewhere so he thinks its the first two balls you showed him when you got home.

3. Never bring him to the yarn store so you can tell him you bought four skeins because it was half off the regular price.....or buy six and tell him it was seventy percent off. He can't expect any sane person to resist an imaginary :?? sale like that

4. Hide it. The laundry room is a good place to start...men rarely go there.. or your underwear drawer ( just move your girly things to the other drawers)..unless your hubby has a fetish, then you need to buy some of those under the bed containers...actually, I think I need to buy those regardless of fetishes or not. I need to feed my yarn fetish...

Nope...I told you..I swore I wouldn't have a stash dear....and I don't :angelgrin: At least NOT where you could find it anyway.. :whistle:

ecb
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
then there are folks like me where the only adult regulator of our addictions is ourselves
my stash looks a LOT smaller if I put it all in ONE place SMOOSHED togehter
One bin, a few Bags to seperate fiber types
SMOOSHED tight so it takes less visua space
this WOULD be easier if I had a Significant other to fib to

maybe

ecb

Pink Dandelion
11-06-2006, 08:10 AM
my Dr. actually wrote me a perscription for yarn & knitting, lol gotta love a Dr. like that...

I wonder if health insurance would cover part of that? :?? ;)

ebrperk
11-06-2006, 12:53 PM
That would be worth getting insurance right there.

letah75
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the old, "I'll never have a stash" thing....I made the mistake of going into the "extra bedroom/offic" last night. I had to make a path!!! That's right a PATH to my computer. It's like my LYS threw up in my house. I had NO IDEA I had that much yarn. It's in baskets, bags (plastic and paper), it's in boxes, pouring out of the closet, sitting on the chair, all over the sofa bed. It's everywhere.