PDA

View Full Version : Right side?

emm
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
okay, I am knitting an einstein sweater from 'The Knitting Experience' and didn't mark the right side. I used the crochet cast on....how can i tell which is the right side?

brendajos
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
i haven't made that one but my understanding is that it is garter stitch right?

I would think if you haven't started adding sleeves and all that yet, you could just decide whichever one you want is the right side since they should look about the same and then just go from there.

otherwise you can go by where your cast on tail is too.

emm
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
My confusion is also whick side the cast on string should be? i am a novice at knitting, and don't have the book with me for help....

Ingrid
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Since it's garter, it really doesn't matter, technically. If your first row was a right side row, then I believe the tail will be on the left as the right side of the sweater faces you. I suspect you only need to designate a right side so you can keep track of your shaping. Pick one. :shrug:

emm
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I have been wooried about right side over wrong side since it was pointed out to me that i hadn't marked it! Thanks so helping me!

brendajos
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
well it could matter if you have been doing any increasing or decreasing but if you haven't then you should be fine to just pick one and stick with it.