PDA

View Full Version : I think I may have lost my mind!!

blueeyes28
11-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I just spent 30.00 on 2 hanks of malabrigo to finish a sweater I started and I don't even know if they are going to match because they most likely are from different dye lots it is a varigated colorway so I am hopeing it will blend well.Why do I do things like this ?If I had used the yarn for it's intended purpose this wouldn't be happening but it really wanted to be a sweater!!!!

mwedzi
11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Uh oh. Did you start the sweater already? If not, maybe alternating balls would help.

janelanespaintbrush
11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Since you mentioned that it's a sweater you already started I'm assuming it's too late to alternate... one thing you could try is to use the different dye lots in areas separated by a seam. For example, body using one lot, sleeves using another. I think I read that as a tip somewhere.

Pink Dandelion
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
For example, body using one lot, sleeves using another. I think I read that as a tip somewhere.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, even if you'd done everything else and could just do the front or back that would probably help... atleast it would look from the front (or back if it be the case) like you MEANT to have a subtle color difference

blueeyes28
11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
I am making the swearter in the round and I have enough to finish the body so I think I will be doing just the sleeves with the new dye lot .