PDA

View Full Version : Ever bring your knitting to an interview?

DragonTush
11-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I did. I was called industrious by one of the trainers as I was waiting for them to call my name LOL. If I get the job I'll attribute it to how good the knitting made me look. :teehee:

janelanespaintbrush
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh, you were knitting while you were waiting... I was thinking it seemed rather gauche to be knitting during an interview... (silly me). That's great that they were impressed (as well they should be). GL with the getting the job. :P

OMG, DragonTush! It just occured to me that your name is a pun... very clever. (Sometimes I'm slow that way...) Mine is certainly draggin' more than I'd like... having a sedentary hobby like knitting certainly doesn't help. ;)

cheesiesmom
11-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Mine is certainly draggin' more than I'd like... having a sedentary hobby like knitting certainly doesn't help.

:rofl:

Join the group. Sedentary job; sedentary hobby. I exercise with a dvd on the computer, in my chair 'cuz I fall a lot.

KellyK
11-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I have TOTALLY knit while waiting for an interview, and YES.. I said "I like to keep busy". :teehee:

Stiney
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't do it, simply because I'd be looking over my notes and stuff and trying to stop being nervous.

Good luck!

CarmenIbanez
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I have recently started taking my knitting everywhere. In fact, when I leave the house without it, I feel weird!

DragonTush
11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
From Cawthraven...

I wouldn't do it, simply because I'd be looking over my notes and stuff and trying to stop being nervous.

Being nervous was one of the reasons I took it, It calmed me while I was waiting and impressed the interviewees in the process (even if that part wasn't planned lol)