PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

dreadfull
03-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I am so horrible! I meant to send my socks last week, but it's a ways to the nearest post office and i have been crazy busy at school (midterms!!!). I am making the trip on monday, no excuses.
I am soooooooo sorry partner!!!! :pout: :pout: :pout:
but i am throwing in better goodies to make up for the lateness!

Leah22b
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
My partner should have gotten her socks, but she hasn't replied to any emails and I haven't seen her on here. :shrug:

Did you put a tracking number on the package?

Maybe have Angelia try to email her. :shrug:

Or you can foil the surprise and post who it was and maybe someone on here knows her and can tell you if they have received their package? :??

Hopefully they have been received and that person just can't get to the computer for some reason.

Good Luck!

dreadfull
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
okay so i can finally post pics of the lovely socks I got from thischicknits :hug: :hug: :hug:

I already posted when i received them, but I though you lot migh tlike a peek

also, i sent mine out and they are on their way.

the first pic is of all the lovely stuff i got
the second is out of focus, but gives you a good idea of the colours

they fit perfectly and I am wearing them right now. I looooooove them

Again, Thanks SOOOOO much! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

thischicknits
03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
:heart: I'm so glad you like them! :heart:

Angelia
03-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Oooh, they're gorgeous! I love that colorway! :inlove:

Leah22b
03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Very Pretty. I love that design, and the colors. They really show the design well. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

KnittinMitchie
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I am such a goober. I've had my socks for a while and keep forgetting to post a picture of them. Thank you SO much Jenelle, they are AWSOME and are very warm.

Jenelle
03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I am such a goober. I've had my socks for a while and keep forgetting to post a picture of them. Thank you SO much Jenelle, they are AWSOME and are very warm.

No problem! :hug:

I'm glad you like them. :muah:

lissalue
03-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I GOT MY SOCKS!!!!!!

yay!!! i am going to go take a picture now, but i was just so excited i had to post first.

thank you dreadfull!!

eta: pictures

dreadfull
03-16-2007, 05:14 PM
They look like they are a little baggy..

:wall: :wall: :wall: I was worried about making them too tight, but it looks like i've made them too loose.

lissalue
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
They look like they are a little baggy..

:wall: :wall: :wall: I was worried about making them too tight, but it looks like i've made them too loose.

they are just right silly! it must have been the angle of my foot or something. i have been wearing them since i got them and they haven't fellen down or anything. i have fat ankles, and they are perfect! i love them!!! how do i wash them? i didn't see where it said anywhere. thanks!!

dreadfull
03-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Okay I'm glad they fit!
They are machine washable and there weren't any specific instructions with the yarn, so I guess just wash as normal? maybe cold water to play it safe?

lissalue
03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Okay I'm glad they fit!
They are machine washable and there weren't any specific instructions with the yarn, so I guess just wash as normal? maybe cold water to play it safe?

great! thanks! i love my Canadian Sockies!! :teehee:

Shandeh
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Melissa, after you wash them, be sure to hang them to dry. They might felt if you dry them. :thumbsup:

lissalue
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
thanks sandy, i will do that!

allegra918
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Dear Ever-So-Patient Sock Pal,

Your socks are blocking and will be sent tomorrow!!!

allegra918
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Sent the package today express, so Pal, you will receive it tomorrow!!!!!!!

Liliyarn
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Dear socks,

We think you have traveled the world enough. It's time to come home. We are beginning to think you've found other feet to comfort. We're starting to get jealous.

Love,
Liliyarn's Feet

:teehee:

Leah22b
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Sent the package today express, so Pal, you will receive it tomorrow!!!!!!!

Woohoo... someone is going to get there socks today... :cheering:

Julie
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/smilies/mail.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Holy cow :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I'm almost speechless!

Along with the most fabulous socks ever, Allegra included lots of amazing amazing amazing goodies:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/IMG_4426.jpg

I'm just...wow. You shouldn't have. But woo freaking hoo, what an amazing package!! Thank you, thank you, thank you....the socks are so spectacular. In a sort of, "wow, should-I-even-put-these-on, they-are-so-beautiful" way. Of course I did, and I'm never taking them off. :mrgreen:

Seriously...wow. Perfect. All of it. Thank you!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

allegra918
03-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow, Julie!!! You already got the package!!

So I want to explain the pattern. When Ang said we were doing a Sockentine swap, I immediately thought hearts. So believe it or not, there are hearts in the pattern......I think because the yarn is on the dark side (but aren't there so many great flecks of colors in it, I didn't realize it until I soaked them), you can't see the pattern :pout:

Maybe you can see them when the socks are on?

So glad you like the package!

Julie
03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I can totally see them :D

seriously... :heart: :heart: :heart:

allegra918
03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
YAY :cheering: So glad (because I've been cursing the pattern ever since I realized the hearts wouldn't be that apparent!)

Ps. Is anyone else having the problem of posting? EVERY SINGLE freaking time I try to post....no matter what thread, I have to re-post. :!!!:

Leah22b
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Those are really pretty and look at those goodies... :cheering:

Sung in an off key twang.... Oh whhhherrrre oh were are you tonight. I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love....

You met another and Phatttttthh you was gone....

:pout: They weren't for me :verysad: Oh well... I'll continue to wait for my beautiful... Sockies....

We are down to 5 left.... Just 5 more! :teehee: :hug:

Leah22b
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
YAY :cheering: So glad (because I've been cursing the pattern ever since I realized the hearts wouldn't be that apparent!)

Ps. Is anyone else having the problem of posting? EVERY SINGLE freaking time I try to post....no matter what thread, I have to re-post. :!!!:

Sorry I haven't had any problem posting. I hope it fixes itself!

Good Luck!

Shandeh
03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Leah, you watched Hee Haw a little too much. :teehee:

Leah22b
03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Leah, you watched Hee Haw a little too much. :teehee:

You might be right... or at least my feet did... that was their fairwell to Julies new socks...lol

Another internet love done before it started... :waah:
So long dear socks... may your new home be a happy one.

Leah's feet

:roflhard:

Leah22b
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow things really have died off here....

Well I think I'll post an update.

The 5 still waiting on there socks are:

Deeknit
jhelanee
Leah22b
liliyarn (World Tour)
rorshach

If anything has changed please let me know. Thanks!

SandraEllen
03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I have to know... What's the deal with liliyarn's world traveling socks? Did they get lost in the mail?

I must have missed it...

Leah22b
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I have to know... What's the deal with liliyarn's world traveling socks? Did they get lost in the mail?

I must have missed it...

They were shipped from Australia, and they haven't arrived yet... so she thinks they are haveing too much fun traveling the world.

:rofl:

earthchick
03-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I've been out of town and am just now checking back in. WOW - those are some gorgeous socks Allegra made for Julie. Yummy yummy!

[I am still wearing my sockintine socks all the freakin' time.]

But I do feel bad for our five sockless folks. :hug:

Angelia
04-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Five are still sockless? Have the five of you (well four, since we know Leah's socks are off partying, probably in Hawaii :teehee:) been contacting in some way by your pals? If not, PM me ASAP.

jhelanee
04-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I have been contacted by my pal (and know who they are). Last I heard my socks were still being worked on. That was a couple of weeks ago though...

Leah22b
04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Five are still sockless? Have the five of you (well four, since we know Leah's socks are off partying, probably in Hawaii :teehee:) been contacting in some way by your pals? If not, PM me ASAP.

Actually its Lilliyarns socks that are on the world tour. I'm still waiting :verysad: and I now have no idea who of the 4 has my name. :??

Both of my guesses were wrong :rofl:

Liliyarn
04-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes, it's true...my socks must have been made of some naughty fiber cuz they're out partying and globe trotting. And to think they haven't even sent me a post card of their travels!

Either that or the customs guy swiped them out of jealousy.....

Or maybe they were thought to be terrorist socks?

Rorshach
04-02-2007, 10:22 PM
yeah, I've been contacted by my partner and she is working on a resolution, so I'm content to wait.

Liliyarn
04-11-2007, 03:02 AM
Well, I was leaving for work today and guess what decided to finally come home? My globe trotting socks!

In all their travels, late nights and drinking, they had passed out on the stoop. Happy that they were home, I scooped them up and carried them to work.

I love surprises, so I waited to open them later in the night. When I did open the package, I realized that these socks were definitely knit from naughty fiber and they were party socks.

First though was a wonderful cigar box all decorated up in wonderful earthy colors and adorned with beaded dragonflies. Very well done Dee! It will have a place of honor in the living room.

Inside the box was a hand made card (A girl after my own heart). Also hand made stitch markers which by the way all the ladies at work loved them. I plan on getting a gold necklace and wearing them when not in use.

The first pair (yes there were two pairs....two) is a funk-ay pink green combo with some glitz and bling. They are knee high on me, cute ruffle edge complete with a beaded tie, and lace hearts all the way down to the foot.

I must go shopping to find the perfect outfit to wear with them. And yes, I will wear them...in public with pride no less. A lady at work loved them also.

The second pair were a bit more tame. A pink, blue, purple silk. Soft is an understatement. Once again lace hearts on the front and back with twist cables on each side.

I'm posting one pic for now. I can't do the other items justice with out day light. Oh and Dee, they fit wonderfully.

I must start on a thank you package. These partying socks were worth the wait.

Thank you ! :muah:

five_six
04-11-2007, 03:38 AM
OH MY OH MY I AM THRILLED THRILLED THRILLED !!!

They finally arrived, and they fit, and you like them!! Yay!! My dreams come true... :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Next time I will definately allow for the 'globe trotting/holidaying' delays... I have seriously learnt my lesson!

The party/flirty ones I have a bit of concern about though... I was worried the yarn might end up a bit 'scratchy' and make you itchy if you wear them out dancing so you might want to wear them over some thin pantyhose (or do you guys call them stockings?). It definately felt softer before I knitted it up.

I think I have been just as anxious as you, waiting on these socks, It has made my day (what's left of it) to know they have finally arrived, albeit a bit weary for their travels!

:muah:

earthchick
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
oooooooh - gorgeous! Glad they finally made it!

SandraEllen
04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't believe they took so long coming home! pretty pretty!!!

Vendie
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
It looks like they were well worth the wait! They're gorgeous!

Leah22b
04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh how pretty... I can't wait to see them in person. You'll have to bring them to a Monday meeting.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh they finally made it home! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Rorshach
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Mintdee, the socks arriveth, and all the other stuff you sent, They do fit, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much. :hug: For the rest, as you can see from the pick, I also received a ball of sock yarn, some Earl Grey tea (decaffeinated) cocoa (Hazelnut and Cinnamon) some stitch markers, and some dark and milk chocolate.

(on a side note, my wife commented that I look very socksy in them)

feminine_earth
04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow, those are some very nice socks! Both pairs! :inlove:

mintdee
04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :hug: I am so glad that you got them and they fit! That sock yarn was rather hard to give up :teehee: I had to tape the box shut so that I would stop peeking at it and contemplate buying you some new stuff lol. I had fun picking up stuff for you (although guy knitting stuff is rather hard to come by. most stuff is rather girly :shrug: )
by the way, I don't know if you have tried it before but cinnamon cocoa is awsome! mmmm... I need to go get me some now :teehee:

By the Way Socksy is a good look, better than dirty I guess :hug:

Leah22b
04-17-2007, 11:26 AM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Those look great! I bet those are some happy feet! :teehee:

Only 3 more to go!

Woohoo... we are almost there!

Leah22b
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Just checking in!

I still show:

Deeknit
jhelanee
Leah22b

Still waiting patiently on socks. :muah:

mulene
05-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Soooo finally only 3 months late, I have roughly 18 more rows to go on sock two before I start decreasing for the toe!

After much much upheaval - back pain issues, work issues, family issues, I have finally been able to sneak in some knitting and am finally able to do the socks for my long suffering pal.

I expect to be able to finish them by the end of this week. I'm gonna leave the yarn and colour a surprise but my many many apologies and thanks for your super patience.

:hug: :muah:

SJ thank you so much for standing in for me :heart:

earthchick
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
To the three who haven't yet received socks - have you received any word from your pal?

Leah22b
05-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Soooo finally only 3 months late, I have roughly 18 more rows to go on sock two before I start decreasing for the toe!

After much much upheaval - back pain issues, work issues, family issues, I have finally been able to sneak in some knitting and am finally able to do the socks for my long suffering pal.

I expect to be able to finish them by the end of this week. I'm gonna leave the yarn and colour a surprise but my many many apologies and thanks for your super patience.

:hug: :muah:

SJ thank you so much for standing in for me :heart:

Mulene :hug: :muah: I'm glad your feeling better. Your so sweet to still work through everything. I can't wait to see how your socks come out.

Earthchick last I heard anything was back in Feb. thats why I wanted to put out the little note to see how everyone is doing. I'm not sure about the other 2 as I never see them online. Hopefully everything is going well and its just a matter of time and patiance... :teehee: xxx xxx

jhelanee
05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure about the other 2 as I never see them online. Hopefully everything is going well and its just a matter of time and patiance...

I'm here, I'm here (too much actually), I just don't post all that frequently. :teehee:

My pal has been great about updating me every few weeks on her progress. Unfortunately she has had the worst of luck with pattern and non-knitting issues come up while working on the socks (we have decided they were cursed). Last I heard about two weeks ago they were sent off to Angelia in search of a pinch knitter. So I don't know what is up with them now. :shrug:

mulene
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Dear most patient sockitines swap pal - its quarter past midnight here and I just wove in the final little tail of yarn into your socks =D

:cheering: I'm done and they will be in the post before the end of the week. Thank you again for your patience and understanding it is much much much appreciated :heart: :muah:

Leah22b
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
:cheering: Yeah mulene congrats on finishing. I hope you kept pictures to post or maybe your pal will be able to post some... I can't wait to see them.

jhelanee I was hopeing one or both of you were still lurking out there somewhere. I'm glad youve been in contact with your knitter. Hopefully you will get your socks soon! :hug:

earthchick
06-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow! - I haven't popped over in awhile and didn't realize the boards had changed!!

Anyway, I'm so sad about our sockless ones. Have you still not received socks? (that's 3 of you, right?) Have any of you *not* heard from your pal?

I did not sign up to be a sock savior b/c I just don't have the time, but I'm wondering if any of the people who did sign up might be able to step in and help out? Or maybe everything has all been sorted out now. Since I haven't been around much I may be totally out-of-touch. I'd love another update - it bums me out to think that anyone might not have gotten socks....

jhelanee
06-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Anyway, I'm so sad about our sockless ones. Have you still not received socks? (that's 3 of you, right?) Have any of you *not* heard from your pal?

Still no socks. :verysad: My pal was great about communicating with me while she was attempting to finish them. But I haven't heard anything since she gave up almost a month ago and shipped stuff to Angelia. :pout: So I have lonely feet (although they are not cold now that summer seems to have arrived here in the NW)

~Jennifer

Leah22b
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
:verysad: I'm still sockless as well. No word since February.:verysad:

My poor lonley feet are waiting as patiently as possible.

The current list I have as not receiving their socks remains at 3.

Deeknit
jhelanee
Leah22b

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 03:36 AM
I'll be happy to knit some socks!! :muah:

Angelia
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Those of you who are sockless ARE being taken care of as we speak! :heart:

I didn't realize the situation or I would have taken care of it much sooner. :pout: I'm so sorry!

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm just glad we're fixing it now. :thumbsup:
Better late than never! :hug:

I'm excited to start a new sock project!!!
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Leah22b
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
:woot:Yeah.... Thanks :hug: to everyone who is pintch knitting...lol

And Thanks to Angelia for starting this swap! It's been a lot of fun even with the wait.

Thank you! :hug:

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi Leah! Here's the beginning of your socks!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1113/956771033_ba5f2aa533_m.jpg

redheadrachel
07-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Do they do this sock swap every year? I'm a sock knitter now and I reeeeally want to do a sock swap :)

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Do they do this sock swap every year? I'm a sock knitter now and I reeeeally want to do a sock swap :)

I think it was just a one-time thing. But, who knows? Maybe they'll do another one soon! :wink:

Leah22b
07-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh my sockies are looking sooooooooo pretty...

Thank you! :woot::woohoo::inlove::hug::inlove:

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 07:32 PM
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them! :)

Leah22b
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm sure I will love them! :woot:
Thanks!

Shandeh
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
A bit further along.....
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1079/980237610_24c8f178a8_m.jpg

Leah22b
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Woohoo...
Your just zipping right along. Your a much faster knitter then I am. I might be that far on one, but def. not both...lol

jhelanee
08-05-2007, 01:13 AM
:pout: I'm still waiting too. I've heard through the grapevine that my socks are being worked on, but haven't had any direct confirmation. Not that I need socks at the moment, but my feet would like some love for the fall....

Shandeh
08-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Yes, Angelia is working on them.
I'll say a prayer for your feet. :pray:
:teehee:

Leah22b
08-09-2007, 10:06 AM
:pout: I'm still waiting too. I've heard through the grapevine that my socks are being worked on, but haven't had any direct confirmation. Not that I need socks at the moment, but my feet would like some love for the fall....

I hope your socks arrive soon as well.:hug:

GiddyKnitter
08-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Please may I join in over here in England I just love knitting socks!!!

Shandeh
08-09-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm sorry my friend. :pout:
The swap was actually over on February 14th of this year. We're just knitting socks for those who never received their swap package.

Leah22b
08-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Pauline Check into the KAL thread. There are lots of KAL's and Swaps going or getting posted all the time. I'm sure you can get in on one.

redheadrachel
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Hopefully there'll be another sock swap eventually, because I soooooo want to do one! :pray:

Shandeh
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Yay! I FINALLY finished Leah22b's Sockintine Socks!
Here they are, on her feet! :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2368/1799132571_7e0c5c45b0_o.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/1799974008_5a4d6acc0c.jpg
We were able to see each other at the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in NC this past weekend. We even had breakfast and dinner together! :hug: (that's us across the table from each other at the bottom of the photo)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/1793173841_78d958a16f.jpg
Leah gave me two skeins of sock yarn, just because she's so sweet. :heart:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2404/1794690783_75ca337848_m.jpg

Leah22b
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I must have ghosts again. I posted on here yesterday, and now its gone and another post I put up is doubled...:?? Strange... oh well. I'll post again.

:woohoo: :woot: I got my socks from Sandy. They kept my feet nice and toasty warm yesterday. They are a really pretty blue with specks of color added. I had posted pictures, but the are the same ones Sandy posted, so I won't add them again. I also received a sweet note, some skeins of vintage yarn so soft, and a journal book.

Thanks again Sandy for being my Sock Angel! I love them! :inlove: :hug: My feet say they would still be doing the happy dance, but they haven't recovered from SAFF yet...lol

SherKnit
10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
More motivation to do socks! They have been on my list for months and I just never seem to do it!!!

I am SO in!!!

Shandeh
10-30-2007, 02:31 PM
They kept my feet nice and toasty warm yesterday. They are a really pretty blue with specks of color added. I had posted pictures, but the are the same ones Sandy posted, so I won't add them again. I also received a sweet note, some skeins of vintage yarn so soft, and a journal book.
Thanks again Sandy for being my Sock Angel! I love them! :inlove: :hug: My feet say they would still be doing the happy dance, but they haven't recovered from SAFF yet...lol
I'm SO glad you have happy feet!! :)
Did you have any allergic reaction to the yarn? It has a tiny bit of wool in it, so I was kinda worried. :help:
I hope you like the vintage yarn. It was SO HARD to let it go, but I really wanted to give you something special.
:heart: :hug: :heart:

Leah22b
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
More motivation to do socks! They have been on my list for months and I just never seem to do it!!!

I am SO in!!!

Sorry but this swap was actually over back in February.

Sandy... They were great! No problems at all. Thanks! I love the vintage yarn! I'll have to find something really nice to make with it. :hug:

Shandeh
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
True, SherKnit. Sorry! :pout:
Leah, I'm SO glad you like the yarn. I have more in my stash in another color, so I'm not in pain entirely. :teehee:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1233/1372790950_1aad5502b1.jpg

feminine_earth
12-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I haven't been on the forums for a long time (took a knitting hiatus), but I was hoping to find another Sock Swap! Are we doing one this year? February is kinda close...maybe we could do a St. Paddy's Day Sock Swap?? What do you guys think? :)

bree
07-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Being a relatively new sock knitter, I was unable to participate in this swap. I wonder if there is any interest to have a swap like this again?

Shandeh
07-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Hi Bree,

If you read through the rest of the knit-alongs, I bet you'll find something that sparks your interest.

I've seen a few other sock swaps happen since this one.