PDA

View Full Version : OT- Another puppy to name

orcoastknitter
11-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Hello,

This past weekend I made the trip up to visit my puppy. Actually I picked her out. She is still at the breeders until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She is a little Cairn Terrier. The most fiesty out of the three girls. I am sooo excited that I am finally getting my dog. It only took two years to find the right breeder.

Well now I have to name the little :twisted:

I had made a long list of names over the past few months and narrowed it down to these:

Fudge (my father's suggestion, of course named after the book that I read him every night while in the fourth grade; "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, and the sequel, SuperFudge!)

Hannah
Greta
Zoe
Ginger
Gretchen

I am really liking the name Greta, but Ginger is just as good. I am having hard time naming her Fudge, since I already have two cats named after foods: Cookie & Oreo.

Any suggestions?

Of course I have to post a few pictures of the little devil.

Jan in CA
11-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Ohhhhh my goodness is she cute!!! Fudge doesn't work for me, but Ginger is really cute.

yeah_im_crazy
11-07-2006, 12:47 AM
how about sparky? ohhhh she (or he)s sooooo cuuuuuuteeeeeee!!!!!! or scruffy is nice too. and Scamp is cute too.

brendajos
11-07-2006, 12:48 AM
I saw Scruffy as soon as I saw the picture!

but of those choices.....hrmmm....I think Gretchen or Greta are very cute.

KellyK
11-07-2006, 01:58 AM
She is TOTALLY a Greta!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

jolenel
11-07-2006, 03:31 AM
What a cutie! :muah:

I vote for Greta too, but that's partly because my college best friend's name is Greta. :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nikki
11-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Cairn Terrier? Her name has to be Dorothy, or maybe Glenda. She is sooooooooo cute!

Nikki
11-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I just thought of another one. Did anyone else see or read Wicked? What about Elphaba and call her Elfie?[/u]

dustinac
11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
:heart: awww to cute!! I saw sparky looking at the pictures.. out of the list I like Zoe

janelanespaintbrush
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
What a cutie! :heart: Out of the names on your list, I think she seems most like a Gretchen.

RachelJean
11-07-2006, 10:25 AM
She's adorable. :heart: I don't think she looks like a fudge. I like Greta or Gretchen.

Ingrid
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I had a German Shepherd named Gretchen, so I can't relate. I like the Wizard of Oz connections, though. :teehee:

Lisa Kay
11-07-2006, 11:15 AM
What a sweetie! :heart:

I think she looks like a Ginger. Plus it seems like it would be an easy name to call out, and it goes well with Cookie and Oreo.

CarmenIbanez
11-07-2006, 12:42 PM
She is TOTALLY a Greta!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree! Plus, I just like dog names that aren't the usual dog names.

DragonTush
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I love Zoe or Gretta. What a little doll LOL.

knitknitknit
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
She looks like a Muffin to me! So cute!

Stiney
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I like "fluff bucket" or "dust mop." :teehee: That's what I'd be calling the dog anyway, no matter what I named it.

meg
11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
how cute! i want to smush her little face!! i love little dogs, they are so cute!

suzq85
11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I am a real, real doggie lover! I am mommy to a shih tzu, named Annie Rose. I've owned a Trixie, Baby, Betsy, Molly, Johnny, Maggie, Snowball, Fuzzball, Charlie Brown, and so many more animals, too many too count.

I'm no brain when it comes to names, but most of my animals tend to respond to names sounding like ey on the ends like Mikey, etc.

I love the name Zoe! The puppy is a doll and will be a wonderful addition to your clan no matter what the name! :muah: :muah: :muah:

yeah_im_crazy
11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
ummmm...... how about......... khujo!!!! ahaha. or buffy. or muffy, that was my old dogs name. or......make a doggy name after some habit she has!!!!!! like my cat, we called her Stinkers because she loved to sleep in the dirty laundry!!!!! i named her stinkers, though.......my mom wanted to call her DC......short for Dirty Chonies. ew. :oops: