PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Knits by Sara Lucas & Allison Isaacs

Stonington
11-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Good Morning all! This book is on the Knit Picks site. It looks like it has some fun patterns. Has anyone knitted any projects from this book?
http://www.knitpicks.com/books/itemid_30694/books_display
Thanks!
Tut Tut it looks like snow. :blooby:

anne
N. Sebago, ME

dustinac
11-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I got this last year and I did try the block ornaments with the tree and snowflake.. and one of the scarves in there become the scarf all the men got from me last Christmas.. the mittens in it were made for my kids last year too :teehee: I had to get it out.. and just realized I never made the tote in there I wanted to make or the poncho for Roo :doh: .. I really enjoy the book and its all cute stuff :thumbsup:

zkimom
11-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I love the scarf with the white on white stripes but I haven't made anything from it yet. I'm really stuck on Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson -- so far I've made a bear, the Men's Cashmere scarf (out of Alpaca,) and the Child's Placket -Neck Pullover out of Suri Merino. There are even some Christmas ornaments to make -- cute beaded ones.

--Susan

I Voted Today! :sun:

brendajos
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I had a moment of panic last year when Dustina got that book because I was making our annual Ornament Exchange ornaments out of that book. I was just sure we were going to be exchanging the same ornaments! :teehee:

We didn't btw..... I made the felted ball ornaments. i think theirs looked a little less fuzzy than mine but i had a lot of fun with them and thought they looked sorta fraggle rock like... :D

Stonington
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I love the scarf with the white on white stripes but I haven't made anything from it yet. I'm really stuck on Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson -- so far I've made a bear, the Men's Cashmere scarf (out of Alpaca,) and the Child's Placket -Neck Pullover out of Suri Merino. There are even some Christmas ornaments to make -- cute beaded ones.

--Susan

I Voted Today! :sun:

This is my dilemma... I can't decide which book of those 2 to purchase. :thinking: Help! Please! :hug:

anne
N. Sebago, ME

Stiney
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Both!

Dilemma solved, Alexander the Great style. :teehee:

brendajos
11-07-2006, 12:33 PM
well they ARE almost half off so it is sorta like getting 2 for the price of 1....buy both! :teehee:

Stonington
11-07-2006, 12:35 PM
hmmm enabling? :teehee: are we? :rofl: I had thought of that.. but I am really trying to be good here lol.

anne
n. sebago, ME

dustinac
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree I think you should buy both .. esp since its almost like getting 2 for 1... thats a great deal and a great way to be good :rofl:

to bad I didn't know brendajos was sweating till after the fact or I would have teased her a bit... :teehee:

Stonington
11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
lol ok they are both in my "basket". :flirt: I just have to click on that little button.... :teehee:

anne
n. sebago, me

JLC
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM
So, did you order both? :rofl:

Stonington
11-08-2006, 09:22 AM
:oops: mmm hmmm I did. I left the website up with both in the basket for a couple hours! :rofl: Then I did it! Clicked the button. Now my poor postman here at work will have to listen to my "anything good today?" :flirt: until they come. :teehee:

anne
n. sebago, me

brendajos
11-08-2006, 09:27 AM
:woohoo: :balloons: :happydance: :woohoo: :balloons: :happydance:

Stonington
11-08-2006, 09:32 AM
:woohoo: :balloons: :happydance: :woohoo: :balloons: :happydance:
You are a funny lady lol. And you enable :teehee: so well! :notworthy:

anne
n. sebago, me

brendajos
11-08-2006, 09:38 AM
:teehee:

dustinac
11-08-2006, 09:43 AM
:woot: :woohoo: :blooby: :yay:

Good for you!! We need to spoil ourselves once in a while and you did yours at a great deal :teehee: what I tell my dh...

JLC
11-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Woo Hoo!! :teehee: It's always best to think about how much you saved rather than how much you spent! :teehee:

Stonington
11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
mm hmmm yup saved money, saved money lol :whistle: . I had looked at Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson when at Borders over the weekend. It is funny that I have so much more will power at the store than sitting here at the computer :teehee:

anne
n. sebago, me