PDA

View Full Version : pattern directions/math

fullhouse451
11-07-2006, 01:20 PM
ok here are my directions for that hat (using straight needles #8)

with A cast on 8 sts for top of hat. p2 row on ws
Row 1 (rs) sl 1 *pm, M1, k to next market, rep from * 5 more times, p1-14 sts (i don't know what p1-14 sts means)
Row 2 purl
Row 3 sl 1, * sl maker, k to next parket; rep from * to last st, p1.

rep rows 2 and 3 (6 sts inc'd ever Rs row) until there are 86 sts. end with ws row.

ok, I am not figuring this out. I thought I did it right. I have now 6 markers and I am up to 10 sts in between and one at the end (the one that they told me to slip on row 1). So that gives me technically 61 sts all together. How am I to get to 86? It seems with that extra slipped stitch the total would be 87? Are they not counting that stitch? Did I do something wrong? :muah:

ok, I noticed I do have 7 markers, the last one being right before that single stitch. right now I have 10 sts inbetween each marker then the one at the end. somehow I think I didn't do this quite right.

I think I never pearled the last one according to row 1 directions I think I am going to have to rip this out.

Ingrid
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Row 1 (rs) sl 1 *pm, M1, k to next market, rep from * 5 more times, p1-14 sts (i don't know what p1-14 sts means)
Row 2 purl

This really isn't worded very well, since it says to knit to next marker before the markers are even placed. It makes sense for future increase rows, but not this one. But. .

first row: sl1, pm, M1, k, pm,M1, k, pm, M1, k, pm, M1, k, pm, M, k1, pm, k1, M1, p1 = 14 st --that's what that last bit means.

On row 2, purl across, and on row 3 knit across.

When you get to row 1 again, you'll follow the directions except for placing a marker, I believe, increasing before each marker.

There is no way you can just repeat rows 2 and 3 and increase anywhere.