PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Newbie

lissalue
11-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I am a new to knitting, :cheering: I have crocheted for a few years. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or ideas for me :shrug: ? I am working on my first scarf, over halfway through :yay: !!! It is simple, all knit stitch :teehee: . Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I ordered a set of Denise Interchangeables after seeing them on here, although my DH wouldn't let me get the pretty colored set on here :pout: I got an unused set on ebay :woot: ! I am really glad I found this website. It has already been a lot of help. Thanks everyone!!

Jan in CA
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum! I have Denises and like them a lot! The best thing you can do is keep practicing. When you are done with your scarf choose another project that will teach you more techniques. As always ask if you need help. ;)

lissalue
11-08-2006, 09:16 AM
thanks for the encouragement!! I am so excited about learning such a beautiful, wearable art form!!!

dustinac
11-08-2006, 09:45 AM
:blooby: Welcome to the forum!! I love my Denise's too.. only advice I'd have is don't be afraid to move on and try new things.. remeber if you ever get stuck someone is always here to answer your questions!! :happydance:

cgd
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi and welcome! In addition to the advice of keep practicing, I'd add this. Don't expect to be perfect in a few days. You'll make mistakes, but time and experience will teach you how to correct them. Be willing to experiment with needles, yarns, patterns etc. A scarf is excellent for a first project. Dishcloths are also nice. I'm making a lot of them for Christmas gifts.

Anyway, welcome to the world of all-consuming addiction. I crochet as well, and thankfully we don't have to choose. You really can have it all!

lissalue
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
that is so true! thanks so much. i am really excited!! :cheering: