PDA

View Full Version : Purchase!

candicane
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Waiting for my ArtYarns Handpaint Stripes in color 105 to arrive. It is shipping today! Has anyone used this yarn?

Candice

CarmenIbanez
11-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, that is really beautiful! Look at those colors. I love that! I wish I knit socks. I should start knitting gloves or something. We live in such a warm climate, no one wears socks much.

CarmenIbanez
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow, that is really beautiful! Look at those colors. I love that! I wish I knit socks. I should start knitting gloves or something. We live in such a warm climate, no one wears socks much.

I just realized, you didn't call it sock yarn? What kind of yarn is it?

candicane
11-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I am planning on using it to make a winter headband for a 7 year old girl with strawberry blonde hair. I would love to have a sweater for myself similar in cut to Bad Penny (from Knitty) but with long sleeves with this yarn.

I made a "test" version of the headband last weekend with Paton's SWS and after minor pattern modifications, I think it came out great.

Candice

candicane
11-08-2006, 12:32 PM
It is supposed to be worsted weight. We'll see.

candice

CarmenIbanez
11-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Wow, that is a great headband!

VictoiseC
11-08-2006, 01:08 PM
That IS a great headband. I could use one of those. Looks quick and easy too. Is the pattern posted?

rebecca
11-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Gorgeous!

Stiney
11-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Stunning!

Oh yeah, the headband is nice, too.

(Really, is that you? If it is, you're gorgeous!)

candicane
11-08-2006, 02:10 PM
There is this pattern at GarnStudio.

http://tinyurl.com/enear

Also there is a thread at Craftster--do a search for Panta. The thread at Craftser uses a formula of measure your head, divide by 10 and that is the length of each section, except section 5 which is twice that number. I think this would make the headband a bit too big. So, maybe if you subtract and inch or two, it would be the right size. KnitQueen helped me last week with what type of increase to use, since the GarnStudio does not specify. That thread is in the how-to forum.

Would anyone be interested if I posted this as a Quickie Little Knit-Along? I should have my yarn by Friday. This would also be a great stashbuster project. If anyone is interested I can also post my modifications.

Candice

candicane
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Stunning!

Oh yeah, the headband is nice, too.

(Really, is that you? If it is, you're gorgeous!)

Ha ha, that is the photo from the Garnstudio website. I wish though!

candice

candicane
11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Kind of bummed. I just got my skein of Handpaint Stripes from Webs. I am disappointed in the color. The blackish color looks more gray. And I haven't seen one speck of the "yellow green" that I see in the sample.

Candice