PDA

View Full Version : Pretty yarn - don't think I can let it go

mwedzi
11-08-2006, 11:55 PM
I was going to put this yarn up for sale in the sales/swap forum, had even written out a description but deleted it at the last minute. Kinda thick-and-thin, which I don't like a whole lot, and a tiny bit stiff, but the color is outrageous, and such a nice sheen. It's a 35% silk 65% wool mix. I don't think I can let it go.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-09-2006, 12:04 AM
if *I* were you, I'd give to to the Hildie Stash Charity. Always a good cause.

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
It Looks like it's hand spun. Why not just make something with it?

I'd keep it if I were you. I'd also place a bid if you change your mind.

DreamWeaver
11-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Giving up yarn? le gasp :shock: Never give up your yarn! I say make it into somthing that needs slight stiffness, like a bag or somthing of the sort.

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Giving up yarn? le gasp :shock: Never give up your yarn! I say make it into somthing that needs slight stiffness, like a bag or somthing of the sort.

I was thinking it would make a pretty cool winter hat.

gardenmommy
11-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Oooo that is gorgeous. Reminds me of amber. Or caramel.

Is it an entirely unique "artisan" yarn or is it commercially made, and does the manufacturer have recommended patterns for it?

feministmama
11-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Hey I'm not going to be shy at all here. If youdon't want it, youcan just mail it to me. :oops:

janelanespaintbrush
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
I knew this guy who was really into music and had an extensive record collection (yes, some people still collect vinyl) and he said that sometimes just looking at a record cover would make him happy -- he wouldn't have to actually listen to it. :teehee: So I say you should keep the yarn even if you never knit anything with it -- you can enjoy it by merely appreciating its existence. ;)

Andrea
11-09-2006, 08:05 AM
if *I* were you, I'd give to to the Hildie Stash Charity. Always a good cause.
:teehee:

Ingrid
11-09-2006, 08:52 AM
That is gorgeous! Put it in a bowl on the dining room table for a Thanksgiving decoration. Who says you have to knit with every beautiful yarn you have? Huh?

cara
11-09-2006, 09:25 AM
i is a shame that it is causing you so much trouble. I mean seriously..

you know I run a correction centre for rogue yarns.... just send it over and I'll fix it up for you......

mwedzi
11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
You all are a funny bunch. Okay, I think I will make a bag, make a hat, maybe a scarf, and for anything left over I'll put it in a bowl as decoration to just look at, and then if there's anything that won't fit into the bowl I'll divide it into the various charities that have offered to accept it as a donation.

I guess I'm just not a fan of the look of hand spun yarn. When I make a swatch, the thin parts are obvious, making little holes in the work. But it is soooo pretty.

mwedzi
11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Oooo that is gorgeous. Reminds me of amber. Or caramel.

Is it an entirely unique "artisan" yarn or is it commercially made, and does the manufacturer have recommended patterns for it?

It's from Mystical Creations Yarn. I don't think they have patterns. They are small. If you search Ebay or Etsy for "MCY yarn", you can see all their pretty colorways. Even if the yarn itself is a little stiff, they are great dyers!

Chel
11-09-2006, 11:02 AM
:drool: SOOO. PRETTY.

I wanna pet it. :verysad:

nonny2t
11-09-2006, 11:08 AM
What a beautiful Christmas or New Year's handbag that would make to go to parties or out on the town! I think it is absolutely gorgeous! I too go with the idea you should make something with it!

MrTea
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Giving up yarn? le gasp :shock: Never give up your yarn!

le gasp :rofl:

Can I use that, DreamWeaver?

aineepooh1
11-09-2006, 02:38 PM
:inlove: YUMMY
Hey why not make a BEAUTIFUL chistmas onranament with it I would make a LOVELY star or bell!! It would be a quick project and wouldn't take much yarn and it would look lovely!!!