PDA

View Full Version : Little Miss Helpful

jdee
11-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Does this ever happen to any of you?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Sort of... I have Mr. Give Me Your Yarn, Mr. That's My Yarn, Mr. I Want to Play With that Yarn, and Ms. Please Stop Knitting and Pet Me.

Stiney
11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
At least the cat isn't sitting on your yarn or WIP. :)

Jenelle
11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, but I end up with about a dozen claws in my leg. :teehee:

aineepooh1
11-09-2006, 02:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, mine won't sit in my lap because I won't let them. My black cat
LOoooooVES to chase my yarn. I have to watch her like a hawk. My calico could care less.
When I visit my brother and SIL house they have a new kitten. The kitten is a FRIGGIN' YARN JUNKIE!! I can't count the number of time I have pulled on my yarn and pulled up a CAT!!
I guess you can call it a CATfish~~~ :rofl: :roflhard:

CarmenIbanez
11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I have a chihuahua that seems to think I can knit with her standing on my lap, facing me, with her check against my mouth. I'll have to get a pic, it is too funny!

Jan in CA
11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
:teehee: At least she's not pestering you! My old cat ignores it, but the kitten is all about biting, chewing, shredding and generally being annoying. :teehee:

knottydaisy
11-09-2006, 03:30 PM
My kitty is too old and lazy to bother with my knitting. My children, on the other hand, really love to play catch with the ball I'm knitting from. :!!!:

figaro
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I think that my cat Hobbes thinks that she is too dignified to lower herself to play with my yarn, once in a great while she will show some minor interest in it but then she stops herself. And she is not so much a lap cat as a "allowing you to sit next to her while you knit cat". :doh:

VickiIL
11-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Every night. She is usally pretty good although I have to let her get settled in first or she insists on sitting on my yarn.

jdee
11-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, I have to let her get settled first, too. She's pretty good about just lying there, but have a few who want my undivided attention. Then if I put my needles down, they go somewhere else. lol Cats are funny things.

VickiIL, Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite authors. I've read the first book in that series, and now I'm waiting for the second to come in at the library. I noticed they have it at Walmart, so I think I may break down and buy it.

jdee
11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Sort of... I have Mr. Give Me Your Yarn, Mr. That's My Yarn, Mr. I Want to Play With that Yarn, and Ms. Please Stop Knitting and Pet Me.

:roflhard: :roflhard: That's so funny! I have a few Mr "Please stop knitting and pet me" cats

nonny2t
11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes, but I end up with the cat AND the dog in my lap. I have a little Yorkie, but my tabby weighs 23 lbs! If I sit in the recliner and put the foot rest up, Butterscotch will jump up on the footrest and tip the chair forward he is so big. I don't mind the company except they tend to want to sit on the darn yarn! :rofl:

nonny2t
11-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, but I end up with the cat AND the dog in my lap. I have a little Yorkie, but my orange tabby weighs 23 lbs! He's striving to be Garfield! If I sit in the recliner and put the foot rest up, Butterscotch will jump up on the footrest and tip the chair forward he is so big. I don't mind the company except they tend to want to sit on the darn yarn! :rofl: I have chastised B enough he doesn't mess with my yarn when it is on the floor rolling around. Fortune is major clingy so he wants to sit way up on my lap and that just does NOT work when you are knitting. They have been put in "time out" for right now as they were driving me nuts!

Oh and btw, the picture was cute. Your kitty is beautiful!

Faye

letah75
11-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I have a 25lb cat, he's content to sit next to me. However my kitten (who's really not a kitten anymore, but belives strongly in the "you are as young as you feel" philosophy on life, and feels that she is 7 weeks old).

Anyhow, the kitten likes to kneed the sofa right next to me, purr, look very cute and the either chew on the ends of my needles, or bat at them. The open mouth drooly purr that goes along with the chewing on my needles usually gets louder and lounder (and more drooly) until I pet her. The she's good. She'll then relax next to me until the next time she wants to be petted then she will bat at my needles (I know secretly hoping I will drop a stitch and curse loudly), until I pet her. It's a vicious cycle that lasts until I finally get tired of it and pick up a project that is on circs.....then we move to the "I'm gonna sit beind you on the sofa and kneed at your hair until you pay attention to me".

Sierraknitter
11-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Sometime's she will bite & play with the yarn but mostly just wants to lay there & sleep!

Linda

HamburgKnitter
11-10-2006, 04:22 AM
I have two cats that couldn't care less, and one Mr. I'm Gonna Lay On Your Yarn Until You Notice How Beautiful I Am.

Limey
11-10-2006, 12:36 PM
That cat is not who she claims she is!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my cat, Harry, - he gets into some unusual places but how he's hopped the ocean, I hate to think.

I've heard of cats having two homes but that distance is a bit of a stretch, even for him!

All the Best

Limey

:waving:

snowbear
11-10-2006, 12:47 PM
My cat loves to bat at my needles, and rub her face on them... Then, if that gets her moved or the needles moved away from her... she will lay so sweetly beside me till I have spaced... then she grabs the ball and runs w/ it! She is soo totally a yarn thief. She has taken huge skeins and ran w/ them. So not funny when one is soo totally relaxed, and finally comfy w/ beverages and everything just so... She usually waits till then to run!lol

jdee
11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
That cat is not who she claims she is!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my cat, Harry, - he gets into some unusual places but how he's hopped the ocean, I hate to think.

I've heard of cats having two homes but that distance is a bit of a stretch, even for him!

All the Best

Limey

:waving:

:roflhard: :roflhard: