PDA

View Full Version : OT - Does anyone else wash their shoes?!

JessicaR
11-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok, I commented on a coworkers new shoes about a week ago and she said she's had them for a year, but just washed them. Then a couple days later another coworker mentioned that she needed to wash her shoes. What??? I had never heard of this. Literally putting them in the washer and dryer. They are in there right now... wish me luck! :?eyebrow:

Ingrid
11-11-2006, 11:31 AM
:?? You mean regular shoes? Or cloth sneakers? I've washed sneakers in the past, but nothing with leather on them.

stitchwitch
11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I've washed sneakers before when they're on their last life. Most of the time I just use that sneaker cleaner stuff and spritz them down and clean them that way. Overall, I don't dirty up shoes that bad enough to wash them.
I have washed a pair of Minnetonka moccasins once, that was a mistake, the dye globbed all over the other stuff I washed with them. I had gotten really filthy somehow and threw the whole lot in the washer in a hysterical attempt to clean up. I ended up with a pair of jeans and a tee shirt with brown tie dye stains all over them. :roflhard:

knitaddict
11-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I wash cloth shoes in the washer & dryer (I use tennis balls in the dryer) and I hand wash leather stuff, especially the inside of leather sandals.

JessicaR
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
These are cloth sneakers and we get them really dirty at my work. Well, time to go check them out...

skNYC
11-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Maybe their feet stink. :roflhard:

itsbecca1979
11-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I can't stand to listen to shoes drying in the dryer, I just lay them on the floor and prop a fan in top of them.

ChroniclesofYarnia
11-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I was mine all the time, but I generally wear Converse high tops so it may not count. I'd never toss a pair of Birkenstocks in the machine, but I definitely would get a scrub brush and go at it.

jberry16
11-11-2006, 07:51 PM
I've always washed tennis shoes, just not put them in the dryer b/c they might shrink-depending on the material.