PDA

View Full Version : Toy Mini sweater pattern

NakedPancakes
11-12-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm trying to make my stuffed friend, Larri a sweater. He's a turtle. Anyways, I've never tried sweaters of any sort, or anything really close to sweaters.

I thought I'd start knitting one side at the bottom, go up...add the sleeves, take off the sleeves do a little turtle neck thing.
But... I was thinking about it and think I would encounter a problem with the neck hole. I f I were knitting, how would I get it to..be a hole instead.

Do you know what I mean?

Anyways. I'm not following any pattern (I've not seen any for..turtle neck turtle sweaters). This...will also be the first time I try and add in a cable. (Woooo!)

Help appreciated. =]

NakedPancakes
11-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Aww, come on.
I wanted to have most of it done today..D:

Jan in CA
11-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Wish I could help, but I'm not sure about the answer. Turtle sweaters are out of my expertise. :teehee:

NakedPancakes
11-12-2006, 10:16 PM
xD
Thanks anyways!

I've currently given up at it and started to knit me a simple hat. Ribbing&Stockinette. No cables...I think I'll sew on some random jingle bells once I've finished though.

I'm listening to George Michaels. <3 Fantastical.

Jan in CA
11-12-2006, 11:20 PM
That should be nice and Christmasy! :happydance:

Lisa Kay
11-13-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm certainly not an expert, but...

If I'm understanding your question correctly, couldn't you just bind off "x" number of stitches where you want the neck opening to be (how ever many would make the opening big enough), and then on the next row cast on that many stitches in the same part of the row where you did the BO in the previous row? Sort of like making a buttonhole.

:shrug:

NakedPancakes
11-13-2006, 06:54 AM
That's what my mom said. But in order to do that, wouldn't I have to take the sleeves up to the neck?

Lisa Kay
11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Something like this (http://www.dailyguideposts.com/giveaways/ClassicT-Top.pdf) but smaller? :shrug:

NakedPancakes
11-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Hrm...Isn't that a girls' sweater? Or could it go for both genders?
I might use that. =] Thanks